Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Decided to go with both digital and floppy since I couldn't wait till I get off of work to read it, and wow. Just a few pages in and already I love this. This is gorgeous writing. Zdarsky writes one hell of a Steve Rogers...

Attachment 80038
    Awesome Cap is awesome .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I like the Peter Parker and Cap bond more than the Peter Parker and Iron Man bond. Obviously Marvel brand politics went with the latter but in a character sense the first always made more sense.

I love the JMS era where Peter hung out with Cap a lot, and said once that Cap reminds him of his Uncle Ben
    Same here. And the spoiler for Life Story is perfectly in-character for him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2019/...fe-story-comic

This article discusses that in bit. Title is non-spoilers but inner content is not, but it shows the great panel and word-balloon.

It talks a great deal about who Steve Rogers is and how he's been reinterpreted and how Marvel had issues having Steve take a stance on contemporary America with Zdarsky having Cap tackle Vietnam in a way he could not have in his actual 60s comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/comics/2019/...fe-story-comic

This article discusses that in bit. Title is non-spoilers but inner content is not, but it shows the great panel and word-balloon.

It talks a great deal about who Steve Rogers is and how he's been reinterpreted and how Marvel had issues having Steve take a stance on contemporary America with Zdarsky having Cap tackle Vietnam in a way he could not have in his actual 60s comics.
    Love the article, it does a great job of explaining why they couldn't have Steve take a strong stance against Vietnam during the actual 60's. Gotta wonder, too, and this is something the article doesn't mention, if the Comics Code of Authority would have even allowed it back then.

Writers back then had to be tricky to get their points across, which is why, though it's heavily implied that it was Richard Nixon who shot himself in front of Steve at the end of the first Secret Empire story, the one that resulted in Steve becoming Nomad, they never actually show his face. Anyway, it's great that they can go back and have Steve take a firm, and utterly in-character stance on the matter.

I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza, I don't care what my spouse claims). You and me, Steve, you and me.

pizzawithafork.jpg

Avengers #17 variant by Mike McKone.

I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza, I don't care what my spouse claims). You and me, Steve, you and me.

pizzawithafork.jpg

Random Riri is random .

pizzawithafork.jpg

That might be Stevil then. He's from Brooklyn. One hand and fold it a little down the center. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That might be Stevil then. He's from Brooklyn. One hand and fold it a little down the center. Lol.
    The wrongness of you!

...kidding, kidding... kind of.

Got a bit of a shock when I checked my pull-list for next week and Cap wasn't on it. Does anyone know why it was delayed?

Steve in the Marvel Comics Presents #3 preview...

MCPresents3.jpg

Well, ouch.

Preview pages for Captain America #9...

CAPTAIN-AMERICA-9-2.jpg
    CAPTAIN-AMERICA-9-3.jpg

Heh. "Fact News". I love Coates.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 03-28-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Attachment 80457
    Attachment 80458

More...

CAPTAIN-AMERICA-9-5.jpg
    CAPTAIN-AMERICA-9-6.jpg

Daughters of Liberty are back. Cool.

Link to where these came from.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Attachment 80457
    Attachment 80458

Same, but Fact Channel was actually created in Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man run as J. Jonah Jameson's new employer after he was forced to resign as mayor of New York City in the finale of Superior Spider-Man. Still, given the obvious allusion to a certain real-life news channel, I suppose it's right up Coates's alley, and it's not the first time he's used something that debuted in a Spider-Man comic in his own work (see reverbium, basically knockoff vibranium that amplifies instead of absorbs vibrations, created in ASM by Dan Slott, appeared again in Coates's last Black Panther run).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, but Fact Channel was actually created in Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man run as J. Jonah Jameson's new employer after he was forced to resign as mayor of New York City in the finale of Superior Spider-Man. Still, given the obvious allusion to a certain real-life news channel, I suppose it's right up Coates's alley, and it's not the first time he's used something that debuted in a Spider-Man comic in his own work (see reverbium, basically knockoff vibranium that amplifies instead of absorbs vibrations, created in ASM by Dan Slott, appeared again in Coates's last Black Panther run).
    Ah, didn't know that. Good to know. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Random Riri is random .
    Yeah, why is Ironheart on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fact Channel was also Silk's employer when she had her own book.

Steve's in Uncanny X-Men #15 next week:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...anny-x-men-15/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-28-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman