Page 185 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 851351751811821831841851861871881891952352856851185 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 20948
    Ultimate Member

People were complaining about Burton's Batman killing back in 1989 for goodness sake. And some view Nolan's Batman as being "hypocritical" to an extent for preaching the no-killing role, yet people die because of his actions in all three films (albeit not intentionally on his part).

It's been a thing for a long time. Also I have to LOL at anyone who claims that WWE and Aquaman were "failures" because that's nonsense. And Shazam looks like it's going to do very well as well.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It is unfortunate that we're debating the same things years later. Some of us liked the Snyderverse, some of us hated it, some of us were in between. Many of us blame WB, but we all have to live with the aftermath. I didn't like Aquaman at all and Shazam looks too weightless for my tastes, but as a DC fan we have to take each movie on a case by case basis and hope for the best while an inept studio tries to repair the pieces. Let's try to look forward no?
    The problem is some of us take these films way too seriously. Extreme political discourse I can understand, but somewhat less so regarding a movie's take on Superman and/or Batman one disagrees with.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So will Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam become the new DC trilogy now?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Maybe? It's hard to say anything about the future of the DCEU, especially since WB doens't seem to care about having a connected universe these days.

Batman is set to come back in 2021, so hopefully his movie is a success and he takes his spot back soon.

You mean Trinity?

I mean, the Trinity's the Trinity. We're going to be getting a new Batman soon, so there's that.

As for Superman...it's probably anyone's guess now. At this point I wouldn't rule out WB trying to replace him with either Supergirl or Shazam.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I recently saw someone make the argument that a lot of how people's perceptions shape the way they engage with movies comes from how they felt leaving the theater. If they left the theater feeling happy and energized, it's far more likely they'll be willing to say the movie was good, and vice versa.

I felt Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman both had way bigger problems than the bleak tone, and I think all Shazam getting rave reviews tells me is that Shazam was better made. But, for your average film goer, I can totally see how an upbeat, optimistic superhero romp is preferable to what Snyder was going for with Superman. The person I mentioned in the initial comment went so far as to suggest had Man of Steel ended with a less destructive final battle where Superman saved Metropolis and exiled Zod back into the Phantom Zone instead of brutally executing him, people would have been far more forgiving and the movie would be held in much higher esteem. Obviously, we'll never know if that's true or not, but it does definitely look like with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam, people are leaning in the more positive direction than the bleak, deconstructionist one (even though Wonder Woman had some quite dark moments as well).
    SHAZAM! had some "dark moments" as well, with the director's horror background.

Astonishing Member

I think WB and Disney really don't rely on any specific franchises. They just want to get as many IP's out there as possible. More franchises, more money. But if I had to choose three popular DC heroes I would have substituted Harley for Shazam. WB has a hard-on for HQ.

Ultimate Member

They have Birds of Prey coming out before too long as well.

Something tells me people would have been a lot more okay with Superman and Batman killing people if their enemies didn't look human.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Something tells me people would have been a lot more okay with Superman and Batman killing people if their enemies didn't look human.
    Humans value human life more than other forms of life?

Mind blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Humans value human life more than other forms of life?

Mind blown.
    Yes the hypocrisy of the Superman fandom is quite shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes the hypocrisy of the Superman fandom is quite shocking.
    Humans value human life over other forms of life. We value our lives so much more that we are literally killing the planet.

The Superman fandom's got nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Humans value human life over other forms of life. We value our lives so much more that we are literally killing the planet.

The Superman fandom's got nothing to do with it.
    So then what's with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Superman killing Zod?

Don't think so. Batman will always be batman. Probably it will be WW, AM and BM for sometime until superman takes again his place again. One has to take in consideration the merchandising in which superman surpasses Aquaman and even more Shazam.
    Would like to see how Shazam will fare abroad he's not that popular. Neither WW did well internationally and she's more popular. we will soon have our answers.