Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Now that's interesting. That means we're definitely having a bunch more artists than just Daniel.

This artice: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...on-this-summer

has some nice info about City of Bane. I'm not thrilled that it's tying into this Lex Luthor plot from Justice League, but I'm betting it won't be too big a deal.
    Are you sure it’s tied to Luthor’s thing and not ijust 3 short “preludes” to 3 separate stories under the banner of “Year of the Villian”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Are you sure it’s tied to Luthor’s thing and not ijust 3 short “preludes” to 3 separate stories under the banner of “Year of the Villian”
    I don't think there is a prelude in Year of the Villain, because King isn't writing any of them. But maybe there will be one scene or something. They just want the branding synergy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Since Bane appears to be in the Year of the Villain one-shot and King is not writing it (and also given the premise of the story) I think that some author will simply have Bane reject Luthor's offer so that King doesn't have to deal with it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Since Bane appears to be in the Year of the Villain one-shot and King is not writing it (and also given the premise of the story) I think that some author will simply have Bane reject Luthor's offer so that King doesn't have to deal with it.
    Yeah, that's my prediction as well.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    I really liked this issue a lot, probably the best so far of the Knightmares issues. King tackles head-on the idea that Batman can’t be happy and still be Batman, but takes it a step further. Clark’s line about Bruce wanting to have to be Batman is a great one but you can see that he’s wrong. The world’s most boring bachelor party is presented as this stiff, horrible thing, and you can see that if you take Batman away from Bruce, there’s not much there there. But Clark extrapolates from that that Bruce must be miserable, and if you watch him closely, he’s NOT. Bruce is quite happy to sit around and eat soup and play chess. When Clark thinks he’s got to leave and go stop an asteroid, Bruce doesn’t budge. He’s content to let Dick handle whatever comes up.

Clark’s line to Bruce reads like the emotional climax of the issue, but it’s not the ending. The ending is them going to the Fortress, and Bruce and Selina reuniting and reaffirming their love for one another. Clark is projecting who he thinks Bruce is onto Bruce, but he doesn’t truly understand him. The only one who does is Selina.

And then you add on the layer of it all being in Batman’s head, and it’s just his perception of how other people perceive him, so it’s inherently biased and flawed. So in Bruce’s mind, “they think they know me but they really don’t”, but maybe HE’S the one who is wrong.

Such a nuanced, thoughtful issue, and a much more substantive exploration of Bruce’s psyche than just “Batman’s the real guy and Bruce is the mask”.
    "Perception" is a big theme in King's run. Not only the many moments Bruce has shown insight into what Batman is about (even when he can be wrong) in some decisive moments in the story, but also how others perceive him. Catwoman and her thoughts about their love, and also why they can't be together, and Dick explaining to Damian about Bruce's pain. Gotham's perception of Batman, that changed from a superhero who invited him to do something with the fear he felt to the sight of an ennemy who represents the city that took everything from him
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Now that's interesting. That means we're definitely having a bunch more artists than just Daniel.

This artice: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...on-this-summer

has some nice info about City of Bane. I'm not thrilled that it's tying into this Lex Luthor plot from Justice League, but I'm betting it won't be too big a deal.
    A while back he revealed that he was doing a sequel to the Ballad Of Kite Man, and I forget which it was exactly, but the issue number was in-between 75 and 82, so I would believe this is all but confirmation that the core story will be 6 issues, and then 2 for the Kite Man story, ala War Of Jokes And Riddles.

Plus, I can imagine there's gonna be other fill-in issues popping in throughout anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the main issues are not all Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    A while back he revealed that he was doing a sequel to the Ballad Of Kite Man, and I forget which it was exactly, but the issue number was in-between 75 and 82, so I would believe this is all but confirmation that the core story will be 6 issues, and then 2 for the Kite Man story, ala War Of Jokes And Riddles.

Plus, I can imagine there's gonna be other fill-in issues popping in throughout anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the main issues are not all Daniel.
    Oooh, Kite Man being a low-level villain's perspective on Bane's rule is a pretty cool idea.

Oooh, Kite Man being a low-level villain's perspective on Bane's rule is a pretty cool idea.
    I am still curious to see just how long this "Bane takeover" status quo is going to last, I do hope at least it doesn't end up lasting for the full year, just because I think that has the potential to feel too dragged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I am still curious to see just how long this "Bane takeover" status quo is going to last, I do hope at least it doesn't end up lasting for the full year, just because I think that has the potential to feel too dragged out.
    Let me think.

So City of Bane starts at 75, and runs at least till 82. That's four months, taking us from July to October. I think there's a good chance we'll get like "the war to retake Gotham" or something for the next two-three months (taking us to January/February). The climactic arc is likely 95-100, with the five issue aftermath arc following. So I think there's definitely a chance that City of Bane status quo will last at least 12 issues (six months). I kind of hope it does, because I'd like to get a feeling like No Man's Land again.

Depends when/how much Selina gets involved. If she’s absent from the City of Bane / Bane takeover story, I wouldn’t expect it to last that long since King will want to spend time on them figuring stuff out and 4-5 issues wouldn’t be enough to do that + tie up all the loose ends. If she’s there for most of the story though, I can see the Bane runs Gotham status quo lasting quite a bit.

Depends when/how much Selina gets involved. If she’s absent from the City of Bane / Bane takeover story, I wouldn’t expect it to last that long since King will want to spend time on them figuring stuff out and 4-5 issues wouldn’t be enough to do that + tie up all the loose ends. If she’s there for most of the story though, I can see the Bane runs Gotham status quo lasting quite a bit.
    I'm going to predict this now:

So, you know how Selina started out the series? In Arkham, sentenced to die, because she killed 300 odd terrorists. But she didn't! She was protecting Holly!

Then, remember how she appeared to betray Batman in I Am Bane, only it turns out she was helping him all along?

Then, in Batman #66, Batman dreams of Selina remembering that she appeared to betray him to Two-Face, but it turns out they worked it all out together?

Here's what I think is going to happen.

Selina will be working WITH Bane during City of Bane. And it will look like she's truly become one of Bane's creatures.

But she hasn't.

(I could be completely wrong. I just want to throw my parallelism analysis out here before we get any solicits so I can at least say I guessed.)

Maybe the story ends with somebody shooting Bane in the end, he’s rushed to the hospital and suddenly gets amnesia once he’s awake.

King’s Big bat status quo change #1 is Bane is now Wanye, a traveling paficist working in some organization to help people.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 04-11-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Didn’t they do something like that the last time they took Bane down? I don’t think King is gonna run that back twice.
    Ah, but King really loves iterative storytelling! And like I said, could be completely wrong. I just have a hunch.

Incredible Member

So, you know how Selina started out the series? In Arkham, sentenced to die, because she killed 300 odd terrorists. But she didn't! She was protecting Holly!

Then, remember how she appeared to betray Batman in I Am Bane, only it turns out she was helping him all along?

Then, in Batman #66, Batman dreams of Selina remembering that she appeared to betray him to Two-Face, but it turns out they worked it all out together?

Selina will be working WITH Bane during City of Bane. And it will look like she's truly become one of Bane's creatures.

But she hasn't.

(I could be completely wrong. I just want to throw my parallelism analysis out here before we get any solicits so I can at least say I guessed.)
    I could totally see this being right... in a way that would kind of retcon her "leaving" him at the altar in 50... she was playing along with Bane's plan, but had to do it in a way that Bruce genuinely didn't know... but relied on trusting him?

Maybe? Maybe not. But I like where your head is at.

Let me think.

So City of Bane starts at 75, and runs at least till 82. That's four months, taking us from July to October. I think there's a good chance we'll get like "the war to retake Gotham" or something for the next two-three months (taking us to January/February). The climactic arc is likely 95-100, with the five issue aftermath arc following. So I think there's definitely a chance that City of Bane status quo will last at least 12 issues (six months). I kind of hope it does, because I'd like to get a feeling like No Man's Land again.
    Guesstimating with the amount of issues we have left, I think this is how the remaining volumes are gonna be:

Vol. 12: #75-82
    Vol. 13: #83-88
    Vol. 14: #89-94
    Vol. 15: #95-100
    Vol. 16: #101-105

I would imagine he'd want to put a couple 1- or 2-issue stories spread around in there too, so it probably won't just be more 6 issue stories all the way till the end. But yeah, I wouldn't 6-7 months for the Bane status quo, that's a good compromise in comparison to the full 12 months.

But she hasn't.

That's also what happened in I Am Suicide too, looked like she betrayed him, but was helping him the whole time. So that is definitely one of his recurring and repeated themes he keeps bringing back, so I am expecting one more instance like that to happen.

He has teased that Selina may be making some kind of an appearance in 75, though there is also the larger question of if her solo series will have any ramifications or will halt her from being apart of the main events for a certain period of time.

And yeah, I'm hoping their reunion isn't saved until 100 or the final arc, because its way too important to drag out that long, and feels like they would need way more time to figure out the stuff between them.