Page 79 of 239 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3576
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I don’t want to be disrespectful to anyone but, why are arguing about what happened in this issue ? I mean, literally nothing makes sense.

Do you guys remember Trial of Kid Flash during the New 52 ? This is exactly the same thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    I really wonder what that bigger plan could be as none of the dead heroes are coming back or they would be already, considering the five days he had ended at the end of issue 7.
    Wally DOES have a plan based on some of the things he talked about in this issue. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the dead come back after Wally suicides because of time shenanigans. Or perhaps his plan is to undo everything by erasing his own existence through time travel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wally DOES have a plan based on some of the things he talked about in this issue. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the dead come back after Wally suicides because of time shenanigans. Or perhaps his plan is to undo everything by erasing his own existence through time travel.
    If he made the latter happen, then explain the Doomsday Clock mentioning of the original Wally West character

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I don’t want to be disrespectful to anyone but, why are arguing about what happened in this issue ? I mean, literally nothing makes sense.
    Totally agree. Why I'm not as mad as I should be. The story itself and execution is just so dumb and poorly done u can't even take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Or perhaps his plan is to undo everything by erasing his own existence through time travel.
    I think you just described Didio's wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If he made the latter happen, then explain the Doomsday Clock mentioning of the original Wally West character
    This whole thing was probably done to undermine any of Johns plans in Doomsday clock so I woudon't rely on it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

I would not be surprise if HiC and Leviathan have forced rewrites for the later issues of Doomsday Clock, which has lead to the delays. Obviously what they've done to ruin Wally will impact what's going on. Hell, Lex is asking Lois if she knows about Wally. Before this she would have no fucking clue who he is because he was erased from her memory (not that Wally and Lois ever had much interaction before) but since part of this awful ass story is Wally confessing to her she obviously has to know who he is.

"Wally West? You mean the mass hero killer who committed suicide last year?" Can't fucking wait.

Spectacular Member

Fucking hell. What a piece of garbage. I used to think Bendis was a disaster. King should be forcibly ejected from all mainstream superhero universes yesterday and stick to arty-farty personal projects where he can't ruin existing characters anymore.

Well...I think we now have a big contender for "the worst Wally West story ever."

I don't have much more to say other then...Justice for Wally .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I would not be surprise if HiC and Leviathan have forced rewrites for the later issues of Doomsday Clock, which has lead to the delays. Obviously what they've done to ruin Wally will impact what's going on. Hell, Lex is asking Lois if she knows about Wally. Before this she would have no fucking clue who he is because he was erased from her memory (not that Wally and Lois ever had much interaction before) but since part of this awful ass story is Wally confessing to her she obviously has to know who he is.

"Wally West? You mean the mass hero killer who committed suicide last year?" Can't fucking wait.
    I think this is exactly what's happened. Instead of being the independent story it was supposed to be, Doomsday Clock is being bent to the whims of current DC, and Johns can't stop it because he's not in charge. And it's going to ruin D-Clock's evergreen appeal.

I think I'm just about done with all of it. DC's shown over the last year that they learned absolutely nothing and are going to continue to force bad, depressing comics on the readers. Stuff's not going to change, especially stuff like what King just did to Wally.

All-New Member

I came here to vent about this issue, but I'm seeing that everyone has done a great job for me. Besides, I almost at a loss for words at this point (although I did tweet at Tom King about his character assassination).

I think they have successfully ruined the Flash for me after years of being a huge fan. Why can't DC get these things right?

Astonishing Member

This is their version of right. It is not some far-fetched idea. We've been parroting for years that DC hates Wally West, that those in charge would see him ruined and forgotten if they could. They couldn't keep him out of the comics because some creators will fight for him regardless, so the next best solution is to ruin him in the comics. Sideline him at every opportunity. Annihilate his character. Make him synonymous with mass killing. All those sorts of things. This is exactly what Didio wants and I'm sure he's proud of this moment. He's elated that we hate this. He wants us to associate Wally with negative feelings, misery and hatred. Maybe one day we'll just be conditioned to hate him as much as Didio does.

There is a reason there is a large generation of Wally West fans. But if you exclude him from comics for years, and when you do include him you do stories like this, you are making sure there will not be another generation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This is their version of right. It is not some far-fetched idea. We've been parroting for years that DC hates Wally West, that those in charge would see him ruined and forgotten if they could. They couldn't keep him out of the comics because some creators will fight for him regardless, so the next best solution is to ruin him in the comics. Sideline him at every opportunity. Annihilate his character. Make him synonymous with mass killing. All those sorts of things. This is exactly what Didio wants and I'm sure he's proud of this moment. He's elated that we hate this. He wants us to associate Wally with negative feelings, misery and hatred. Maybe one day we'll just be conditioned to hate him as much as Didio does.

There is a reason there is a large generation of Wally West fans. But if you exclude him from comics for years, and when you do include him you do stories like this, you are making sure there will not be another generation.
    I honestly think that stories like this are what's responsible for poor comic sales, in an era where superheroes have never been more popular, mainstream or accepted.

I'm sure a great many people were enraged by this. Marvel and DC both like to thrive on outrage, and while I imagine its good for some few fan news cycles, I think it has a short shelf live.

After outrage follows exhaustion, and stories like this just encourage readers to walk away. If the writers don't care or actively hate the characters we follow, why should we bother to invest any emotion?

There is the hopeful possibility of a twist in issue 9....

Astonishing Member

There's not going to be a twist. 9 is going to be about Booster and Harley confronting Wally after he framed them and did all this awful stuff. The twists are done, this was the twist.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obezorz View Post
    I came here to vent about this issue, but I'm seeing that everyone has done a great job for me. Besides, I almost at a loss for words at this point (although I did tweet at Tom King about his character assassination).

I think they have successfully ruined the Flash for me after years of being a huge fan. Why can't DC get these things right?
    I think I saw that tweet. Been reading what everyone thinks everywhere.

I'm not reading Heroes in Crisis and I'm also not yet a big fan of Wally, the first Wally story I read was DC Universe Rebirth #1, but it's enough to make me stay away from Heroes in Crisis because of what those two stories symbolize.

DC has done stupid decisions but I keep underestimating how stupid they can be

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I will say "more". Emerald Twilight both tried to make a modicum of sense with Jordan's characterization (it may have failed, but it used "actual" Jordan for a springboard), and was also a sudden turn. As in, one month before ET, Hal Jordan was basically fine.

This crap here is the latest step in fourteen years of downright petty sabotage.
    Thank you! It has long been my estimation that the current PTB had it in for Wally well before they actually got rid of him in 2007....then again in 2010 MIA, then again in 2011 as Non Existent. They felt screwed over by Geoff Johns and his Rebirth so plotted this piece of utter...San Francisco Poop Map.

Yes, I read #8. No, I didn't spend a penny on it and for once I am truly, utterly, happy that I did not. In the past I always went back and paid for the trade when I liked what I saw. This? This was utter GARBAGE. This was Dan Didio creating his own wet dream. The only and I mean only thing that is stopping me from kissing off modern DC from this moment on is that there might be some miracle explanation/redemption in #9. Really doubt it though and have had a bunch of DC crap (not classic Wally/Superman/Aquaman) packed up and ready to practically give away to the first shop I see that wants it.

I get that Didio is a jerk. That's been proven to me over and over again.
    Is he a sociopath as well? Because I just can't fathom not having one ounce of kindness in your soul that you would allow this kind of thing visited on others.

(And I thought DC52 pissed me off. I'm even considering getting rid of my Barry Allen statue by Lee and I loved that thing enough to encase it in a display case.)

Please don't tell me to go to Marvel. Before all this crap, Marvel did pretty much the same damage to my love of Hank Pym with making him a quasi villain and then killing him off in the most demeaning way.

I knew I should have not let anything sully this Most Important Day, but no, I cared about Wally and what they might come up with too much.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)