Page 80 of 239 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This is their version of right. It is not some far-fetched idea. We've been parroting for years that DC hates Wally West, that those in charge would see him ruined and forgotten if they could. They couldn't keep him out of the comics because some creators will fight for him regardless, so the next best solution is to ruin him in the comics. Sideline him at every opportunity. Annihilate his character. Make him synonymous with mass killing. All those sorts of things. This is exactly what Didio wants and I'm sure he's proud of this moment. He's elated that we hate this. He wants us to associate Wally with negative feelings, misery and hatred. Maybe one day we'll just be conditioned to hate him as much as Didio does.
    Then were just going to have to prove him wrong then. Fight his darkness and trying to bury one of the brightest heroes out there.

Were going to have to appreciate the **** out of Wally and never shut up about how he inspires us and how much we care about him. At least that's what I plan on doing.

This is not the end by a long shot.

2599582-wall.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

There's not going to be a twist. 9 is going to be about Booster and Harley confronting Wally after he framed them and did all this awful stuff. The twists are done, this was the twist.
    Well, that's it then. DC is dead to me. Only my love for three characters remains and I'll only be looking to the long past there.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

This is their version of right. It is not some far-fetched idea. We've been parroting for years that DC hates Wally West, that those in charge would see him ruined and forgotten if they could. They couldn't keep him out of the comics because some creators will fight for him regardless, so the next best solution is to ruin him in the comics. Sideline him at every opportunity. Annihilate his character. Make him synonymous with mass killing. All those sorts of things. This is exactly what Didio wants and I'm sure he's proud of this moment. He's elated that we hate this. He wants us to associate Wally with negative feelings, misery and hatred. Maybe one day we'll just be conditioned to hate him as much as Didio does.

There is a reason there is a large generation of Wally West fans. But if you exclude him from comics for years, and when you do include him you do stories like this, you are making sure there will not be another generation.
    Sorry for not folding this in, but am too upset to remember how or bother.

There is no way in HLL that I will stop loving Wally West -classic version. It is everything Didio does that I will always have negative feelings for, and I don't pay for things that make me miserable if I don't have to, Mr. D. Go bankrupt for all I care.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

This is likely the long term take on Wally we're going to get for the forseeable future. DC might not make it to a reboot before they fold and become a reprinting brand and even if they do reboot they are likely to exclude Wally from it again. This is it for the long forseeable future.

Just watch Stargirl or Young Justice, I guess. Even if he's only Kid Flash in there and won't ever be seen as The Flash by the public again.

I feel bad for Wally.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I feel bad for Wally.
    It just feels really bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I feel bad for Wally.
    This is why DiDio will think that Heroes in Crisis is a success.

- It's got people talking.

- It's made you care.

- It's been trending on Twitter all day.

- Undoubtedly, people who have not been buying the series will pick up the issue to see what all the fuss is about.

Dan DiDio does not want people to be apathetic to what he publishes. Even if you hate it, he wants you to feel SOMETHING.

And you do. As does everyone else who has posted at CBR and other messageboards today.

I'd bet DiDio is popping champagne right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    This is why DiDio will think that Heroes in Crisis is a success.

- It's got people talking.

- It's made you care.

- It's been trending on Twitter all day.

- Undoubtedly, people who have not been buying the series will pick up the issue to see what all the fuss is about.

Dan DiDio does not want people to be apathetic to what he publishes. Even if you hate it, he wants you to feel SOMETHING.

And you do. As does everyone else who has posted at CBR and other messageboards today.

I'd bet DiDio is popping champagne right now.
    I agree.
    He seems to thrive on 'reader reaction', whether it's positive or negative, as long as he has his hand in it.
    It's just that 'negative' is easier to do because it doesn't involve appealing to fans that may have different wants.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Just watch Stargirl or Young Justice, I guess. Even if he's only Kid Flash in there and won't ever be seen as The Flash by the public again.
    At least I trust the showrunners of those shows (and Johns) with Wally wayyyyyyy more then I trust Didio.

I posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating...

I challenge fans who are really unhappy with HiC #8 to make an actual statement to DC with how they feel, if they truly feel that way.

The only way DC will understand anything is if you hurt their bottom line. That means don't buy their product. Even if it's just one specific month let's say everyone here agrees not to purchase ANY DC Comics, statues, action figures, or other collectibles, that will send a message. All this talk and anger is exactly what DC was hoping for, so if you really want them to hear you then make a statement that matters.

I say all this knowing full well no one will do it. But it would be an amazing feat if it could be pulled off.

Astonishing Member

Wally was not in any comics. HiC does not negatively affect any of the comics anyone is buying. That's what I meant by expendable earlier. They can do all of this stuff and not hurt their bottom line because they excised Wally from their bottom line. Titans, the only book that featured him in any significant way, is already cancelled. Flash is sticking its head in the dirt for the next half a year and, frankly, a lot of Barry fans probably would like it if Wally just stayed ruined for better or worse. Or they just don't care. Either one. Those are the only two books I could see ruining Wally even slightly affecting and it's still a non issue.

There's a very, very good reason they did this with Wally and it is not because King loves Wally so much and thinks he was the perfect character for his mass killing suicide trauma book.

They didn't even pump the brakes on the wedding snafu. This is a drop in the bucket.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-24-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating...

I challenge fans who are really unhappy with HiC #8 to make an actual statement to DC with how they feel, if they truly feel that way.

The only way DC will understand anything is if you hurt their bottom line. That means don't buy their product. Even if it's just one specific month let's say everyone here agrees not to purchase ANY DC Comics, statues, action figures, or other collectibles, that will send a message. All this talk and anger is exactly what DC was hoping for, so if you really want them to hear you then make a statement that matters.

I say all this knowing full well no one will do it. But it would be an amazing feat if it could be pulled off.
    Problem here is that if you /like/what you're reading elsewhere, you're effectively contributing to that failing. Moreover, the books next month have already been ordered by your LCS. Unless you're digital, you'd only be hurting your LCS. Honestly? I'm going to wrap up my Flash purchases with the remaining Waid/Johns collections and then DC won't be seeing my money for Flash product. I haven't bought the main Flash book since 2011 except when Wally had a significant role and DC has continued to remind me there's not a reason to support their direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Problem here is that if you /like/what you're reading elsewhere, you're effectively contributing to that failing. Moreover, the books next month have already been ordered by your LCS. Unless you're digital, you'd only be hurting your LCS. Honestly? I'm going to wrap up my Flash purchases with the remaining Waid/Johns collections and then DC won't be seeing my money for Flash product. I haven't bought the main Flash book since 2011 except when Wally had a significant role and DC has continued to remind me there's not a reason to support their direction.
    My comic book store does their orders three months out. So for argument's sake, if everyone didn't make ANY DC orders for the May catalog that's upcoming, I have no doubt that would send a message.

Again, this will NEVER happen. I'm just saying that's the only effective way to make a statement to DC. Dozens of threads about the matter and being vocal at conventions is exactly what they're hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    My comic book store does their orders three months out. So for argument's sake, if everyone didn't make ANY DC orders for the May catalog that's upcoming, I have no doubt that would send a message.

Again, this will NEVER happen. I'm just saying that's the only effective way to make a statement to DC. Dozens of threads about the matter and being vocal at conventions is exactly what they're hoping for.
    But even if customers didn't order anything, the retailers still would. And plenty.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    But even if customers didn't order anything, the retailers still would. And plenty.
    Most retailers I know balance customer demand with preorders. If say, every fan here hypothetically decided they won't preorder any DC product for August (as that's the next Previews month), and those same fans agreed not to purchase any DC product in the stores themselves for August, and those same fans agreed not to purchase any DC comics released digitally in August, that would definitely have an impact on DC's bottom line.

The fact that fans are coming up with rationales not to do it clearly tells me no one will do it. But to say it wouldn't have any impact is a big understatement.