Page 20 of 121 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That is interesting isn’t it. I suspect that they are leaving their options open. The main plan being she is still in the Soul Stone and can be rescued, but the backup being that they can use the alt-version if they need to. It could be, we have seen the last of her.
    I also thought she was in the soul stone.

And if that’s the case, what would it mean for Black Widow?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

What about it? The only new path for the Tesseract is whatever Loki does with it after the now changed events at the end of A1. We can assume he eventually steps back into his assigned path as a prisoner but he can do lots of things before that. Even potentially gather some of the other stones and manipulate time.
    I really hope his series clears it up. It has been bugging me for days now. Because we know he got captured and taken to Asgard following The Avengers, but he wouldn't just randomly flee like he did and voluntarily return later on. Unless he put a plan in place. I really need to go back and watch Avengers again. Just to see how Endgame's fits in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    No, he can do whatever, if the theories here are right, that timeline was seperate to the one Thor and Rocket jump to.

Of course, Thanos would be hunting him so it’s not certain how long he’d last. Maybe he will come to the MCU reality looking to escape, since there’s no Loki here to compete with.
    I am pretty sure the new show on Disney plus starring Loki is going to pick up from his escaping during the new ending to Avengers 1.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    No, he can do whatever, if the theories here are right, that timeline was seperate to the one Thor and Rocket jump to.

Of course, Thanos would be hunting him so it’s not certain how long he’d last. Maybe he will come to the MCU reality looking to escape, since there’s no Loki here to compete with.

Would have hilarious to have them visit a timeline where Banner looks like Eric Bana or Edward Norton
    The rules suggest that this reality does indeed branch when Lang takes the Mind Stone back, but Cap will return that and close that branch. Loki himself at that moment has no way of branching the timeline. Just holding the Space Stone and using it won’t do this. I really don’t expect the TV show to be an alternative reality. It would give people the excuse not to watch it and fail on the promise that the Disney shows will be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I really hope his series clears it up. It has been bugging me for days now. Because we know he got captured and taken to Asgard following The Avengers, but he wouldn't just randomly flee like he did and voluntarily return later on. Unless he put a plan in place. I really need to go back and watch Avengers again. Just to see how Endgame's fits in with it.
    Pretty sure the only reason we see Loki grab the Tesseract is so that the show can explore his story. My bet is it will result in a plan that stops him from dying in Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am pretty sure the new show on Disney plus starring Loki is going to pick up from his escaping during the new ending to Avengers 1.
    Exactly. This is just a seed.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-26-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

Thor with the GOTG, cool. Hopefully he'll be in the third film.

Valkyrie as Queen of Asgard, also cool.

It was great to see Nebula get so much more to do, and Karen Gillan was fantastic.

They even handled Yondu's death in GOTG vol. 2 better than Natasha's here imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hulk totally stole the show.
    Man, I feel like Banners arc in IW to EG was the biggest screen time waster and the biggest thing they botched

EG Prof Hulk just felt like... Banner. There wasn't enough Hulk there.

I am stunned we didn't get any sort of rematch too. As stated by ProfHulk, Hulk couldn't beat Thanos. Banner couldn't beat Thanos. I thought what they were forshadowing that both of them working together would have a shot at doing it.

I wish it was Natasha and Banner that went to Vormir and Banner sacrificed himself TBH. It would have ended his arc better than Widow doing it. Even a call back to hte fact he can't kill himself and then he does. But instead of doing it selfishly, he does it to save the universe.

Then of course you run into "who could hold the new gauntlet without dying instantly" which only leaves Thor and yeah... THAT thor isn't in any emotional capacity to do that lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It was the plan to send them back but that plan failed when the van got destroyed. For the answer we need to look at the visual clue of the dusting. When The Ancient One explains the rules she shows branches dusting in the same way that the heroes first did and the same way the villains did. The second Thanos is technically from a newly created branch as soon as Nebula travels with the gems. Tony probably dusts the branch. He has the gems, he can technically change anything in the whole of the space time continuum at will. However they still need to correct the other branches that would have been created by removing the other gems.

Nothing we see backs-up the suggestion that changing things creates an alternative timeline. It was posited by Banner but then he had the truth explained to him by The Ancient One. He was wrong. The only way to branch is by taking a stone.

Eventually fans will catch up, but yes time has changed. Not by a huge amount because the stones actively correct the flow of time, but subtly and enough for Marvel to do what they want to change things at will.

If they have multiple movies and or shows with a few subtle time travel shenanigans then I suspect Kang will be as inevitable as Thanos. (That phrase is a clue by the way, Thanos talks about destiny and inevitability. He knows how time travel really works.)

Loki manipulating the timestream could be fun.
    Yea gotta watch it again I didnt quite catch the ancient one 100%.. Thanos destroyed the stones in the present. Does that matter or as long as the stones exist somewhere in time they maintain the time stream?

Also anyone have any ideas on the 5year time jump and Peter going back to school? I mean all we saw was Ned and he might have been dusted too so he wouldnt age either. Far from home could be prior to infinity war as other have suggested.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-26-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea gotta watch it again I didnt quite catch the ancient one 100%.. Thanos destroyed the stones in the present. Does that matter or as long as the stones exist somewhere in time they maintain the time stream?

Also anyone have any ideas on the 5year time jump and Peter going back to school? I mean all we saw was Ned and he might have been dusted too so he wouldnt age either. Far from home could be prior to infinity war as other have suggested.
    The five year jump is so weird.

I imagine FFH will explain it somehow OR they will just ignore it and move on lol

I mean, it seems like T'challa instantly got his crown back in Wakanda... despite someone (we have no idea who?) ruling it the last 5 years.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The five year jump is so weird.

I imagine FFH will explain it somehow OR they will just ignore it and move on lol

I mean, it seems like T'challa instantly got his crown back in Wakanda... despite someone (we have no idea who?) ruling it the last 5 years.
    The crown thing is not as big a problem as some suggest. It wasn’t just T’Challa that came back. Half of the population of Wakanda came back too, and they see T’Challa as their king. As long as a significant minority of people that were not dusted are fine with T’Challa stepping back into his position what’s the problem? Many of those not dusted would probably see his return as a way of moving forward. I imagine we will get a bit of hand waving dialogue about it in the next movie. Maybe a prophesy that he would return and lead them to a new destiny or something. Maybe even an official stewardship linked to that. Something to make it unimportant.

The crown thing is not as big a problem as some suggest. It wasn’t just T’Challa that came back. Half of the population of Wakanda came back too, and they see T’Challa as their king. As long as a significant minority of people that were not dusted are fine with T’Challa stepping back into his position what’s the problem? Many of those not dusted would probably see his return as a way of moving forward. I imagine we will get a bit of hand waving dialogue about it in the next movie. Maybe a prophesy that he would return and lead them to a new destiny or something. Maybe even an official stewardship linked to that. Something to make it unimportant.
    I didn't say it was a big problem.

Just saying it is a thing.

I mean, he isn't dead and he never yielded so.... lol. Worked the first time right? haha. Tribal law loop holes!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

This was a wonderful film and such a satisfying conclusion to the first decade of the MCU. They really stuck the landing.

--As far as Loki goes, I agree that he branched out and created an alternate reality when he escaped, unless we assume Cap chased him down and put him back in his place moments later.

--I do wonder if Steve created an alternate reality when he married Peggy, or if she was always married to him and kept this secret so as not to alter her past (his future). But that would make things kind of messy, since it would be hard for Steve not to share inside info on HYDRA infiltrating SHIELD. So most likely another branch created.

--There is now an alternate reality that branches out in 2014 (I think?) where Thanos departs for the future. In this reality, the Avengers wouldn't form (or at least, not under the same circumstances), Thanos never attacks Earth, and Tony Stark is presumably still alive. So there's room now to bring Stark and Natasha back for future appearances as their alternate reality selves.

--I think the setup for GOTG3 is that 'our' Gamora is indeed dead, and it's up in the air whether the alternate reality Gamora will fall in love with Quill as her other self once did. Now that Thor's in the Guardians, there's even a potential love triangle.

--Man, the kid from IM3 really looked like Rick Jones now, right down to the haircut.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Also have to note how much I love them fitting this moment into the film:

The five-year time jump is problematic for everyone in that universe and character interactions going forward, best for future films to just ignore it honestly. That way it won't confuse audiences

I knew as soon as IW ended if they didn't undo it right at that moment or relatively soon it would be incredibly strange for any stories and character interactions going forward.

Still kind of shocked how they handled Black Widow's death.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Also have to note how much I love them fitting this moment into the film:

I was thinking of this too. Very clearly a reference IMO. I imagine there are so many Easter Eggs in this thing. Spotted a few in passing but no way I spotted the majority of them.

Neither the time travel rules or the 5-year jump really hold up when I stop to think back on them (half the population of the planet suddenly being out of a job all at once is almost too much to consider).

But, I don’t find myself thinking back on them much. I have trouble remembering much of anything beyond that scene where the portals open and the Wakandans, Asgardians, wizards, and returned superheroes emerge. And when I do manage to think about something besides that scene, it’s how goddamn funny the movie was. Or the emotional satisfaction I got from the way Cap and Tony’s stories ended. Or Cap’s Mjolnir smackdown. Or the setups for the movies/shows to come. Or...well, you get my point.

(BTW, with all this “Black Widow’s movie must be a prequel” talk, am I really the only one who thinks Banner might have succeeded in bringing her back? He didn’t know he’d succeeded with anyone earlier. Plenty of ways to explain why she didn’t/couldn’t make it to the climactic fight)