View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Might make 2.5 billion but I doubt it will beat Avatar.

Lest anyone forget Infinity shattered records opening weekend too and didn't even come close. Infinity even beat Force Awakens for opening weekend domestically and then ended up something like 250 million behind it when all was said and done.

While I think Endgame will do better than Infinity I think Endgame will play similarly in terms of week to week declines and thus won't catch Force Awakens domestically or Avatar internationally.

Well **** 350million domestic and 1.2billion wordwide. Theres movies like Aquaman that had great runs that just got passed in one weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well **** 350million domestic and 1.2billion wordwide. Theres movies like Aquaman that had great runs that just got passed in one weekend.
    I mean Captain Marvel was incredibly successful (hell it was #2 at the box office this week!) and it's world wide total already got surpassed and it's domestic total probably won't make it through the week. That's how crazy the numbers are. Barring Star Wars I'm not sure any movie for the remainder of the year cracks a billion, and this movie did it in a weekend.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

Lest anyone forget Infinity shattered records opening weekend too and didn't even come close. Infinity even beat Force Awakens for opening weekend domestically and then ended up something like 250 million behind it when all was said and done.

While I think Endgame will do better than Infinity I think Endgame will play similarly in terms of week to week declines and thus won't catch Force Awakens domestically or Avatar internationally.
    I agree that Force Awakens is not happening. Too much competition, too much demand for screens and it would need an unrealistic multiplier.

However, Infinity War's WW debut with China's OW added in would be $830 Million, so it had about a 2.5 multiplier WW. If Endgame does that, it just reaches $3 billion. Even if it's more front loaded than IW, Avatar is in play with a 2.3 multiplier.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Yeah, I think this movie is going to have the front loaded effect.

Crazy time to be alive. The biggest movie in 3 days is a comic book movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Yeah, I think this movie is going to have the front loaded effect.
    People seem to be loving it but 3hours Is a long time to set aside for the movies. Also it's a emotional rollercoaster so iono I said the same thing about Infinty war because of its ending and it did fine. So who knows

$1.2 Billion in just the first weekend. I think we can safely say it just obliterated all estimates. This movie might just make it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57R9nR_u8Jw&t=206s

Don't always agree with Grace, but she's generally good with industry projections. And given that Endgame is almost double the global opening of Infinity War, which hit over 2 billion, hitting 3 does not seem unreasonable.

And yes, it's front-loaded due to spoilers, but I don't think that it's any more front loaded than Infinity War. I think part of the lasting appeal (to whatever extent there was, I don't know) that Infinity War had, I think it due to the fans desire for more, and watching Infinity War again was that "more" they went to. I think, especially given how the film really does project a clear end for many characters, fans who now know that it's really the end of the line for their favorite characters are going to want to return to the theater to stay with them for as long as they can.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I mean Captain Marvel was incredibly successful (hell it was #2 at the box office this week!) and it's world wide total already got surpassed and it's domestic total probably won't make it through the week. That's how crazy the numbers are. Barring Star Wars I'm not sure any movie for the remainder of the year cracks a billion, and this movie did it in a weekend.
    Lion King and Frozen 2? Wonder how Aladdin and Toy Story 4 will do as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57R9nR_u8Jw&t=206s

Don't always agree with Grace, but she's generally good with industry projections. And given that Endgame is almost double the global opening of Infinity War, which hit over 2 billion, hitting 3 does not seem unreasonable.
    In order to hit 3 billion Endgame has to do over 2 billion foreign, maybe close to 2.2 billion. China was the only country that exceeded 100M for Infinity War. Think it's going to fall way short unless the other countries have a lot of repeated viewings.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    In order to hit 3 billion Endgame has to do over 2 billion foreign, maybe close to 2.2 billion. China was the only country that exceeded 100M for Infinity War. Think it's going to fall way short unless the other countries have a lot of repeated viewings.
    Comparing China to any other non-US country is not appreciating the difference between the Chinese movie market and every other foreign market.

Does anyone have a link to a foreign box office breakdown? I usually use box office mojo. They list the foreign box office at $859,000,000 which is crazy, but when you go to the country breakdown it's over $400M short. Only 15 countries are listed, but these countries usually make up the bulk of the foreign box office.

Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom

I'm looking for that missing $400M+. Anyone got any good websites or ideas. African Nations? Japan? South American Nations? All the above?
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a foreign box office breakdown? I usually use box office mojo. They list the foreign box office at $859,000,000 which is crazy, but when you go to the country breakdown it's over $400M short. Only 15 countries are listed, but these countries usually make up the bulk of the foreign box office.

Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom

I'm looking for that missing $400M+. Anyone got any good websites or ideas. African Nations? Japan? South American Nations? All the above?
    Not doing the math, but yours is clearly a little bit off as the top 4 (China ($330.5m), UK ($53.8m), Korea ($47.4m), Mexico ($33.1m)) already account for 464.8 million of the 859 million internationally. So the amount missing from the list is clearly less than 400 million.

Crazy time to be alive. The biggest movie in 3 days is a comic book movie.
    There are three comic movies in the top 5 this week!

Lion King and Frozen 2? Wonder how Aladdin and Toy Story 4 will do as well.
    Spider-man, star wars, frozen 2, Aladdin, lion king, secret life of pets 2, pokemon, Godzilla, hobbs and shaw, maleficent 2, and tons others could make a billion!