Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It depends on how time works: is it all predetermined and everybody is simply doing what they were supposed to do or is the future constantly being determined by the actions of the present? If it’s former than the theory works because everything played out how it was always supposed to and Steve leaving to marry Peggy simply connected the sequence of events to preserve what already happened (this would probably make much more sense with a diagram tbh). If it’s the later, obviously it doesn’t work because there’s no way Steve could do what he did without causing a branch from the prime timeline .
    This is one of things which makes Endgame's time travel better. In a number of time travel films notably in Terminator everything is sort of prearranged. John Conner exists because the machines sent back a robot to kill Sarah Conner.

Endgame goes with the idea of timelines so choices do matter. The first idea is easy to understand. Cap was always meant to go back in time and grow old. It was always going to happen.

The second idea makes sense if we consider the idea that the prime timelibe which we were witnessing was always a branched timeline. Among the two this is more convoluted but is consistent with the idea of the film that choices do matter. One can't undo a past choice by going going to the past. What has happened has happened. Changing that will create a new timeline without altering the prime timeline.

After all is said and done, I wonder what place Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Thanos falls in the history of cinema.

I have to say, after just two movies, Thanos is easily one of the coolest villains in a superhero movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

After movie scene added to endgame confirmed.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/10/1...trailer-marvel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Fun fact: Endgame takes place the same year as Days of Future Past.
    well how about that
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

So the directors and the writers disagree on the time travel of the movie.

Joe says Cap was in an alternate timeline.

Markus and McFeely say differently, which is what I assumed had happened all along (hence my confusion earlier when people said how did cap get back).

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along. ‘It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that,’ said McFeely. Added Markus: ‘It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA.’

Dueling theories (directors vs writers), both think they're correct. I'm going with the writers on this though. *shrugs*

As for the shield? Well, he couldn't be Captain AMERICA anymore, so...

Seriously, I'm sure that's a storypoint that will be handled in Falcon and Winter Soldier series. I'm guessing it was made for William Burnside in the 50s if they use a version of the 50's Cap storyline.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So the directors and the writers disagree on the time travel of the movie.

Joe says Cap was in an alternate timeline.

Markus and McFeely say differently, which is what I assumed had happened all along (hence my confusion earlier when people said how did cap get back).

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along. ‘It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that,’ said McFeely. Added Markus: ‘It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA.’

Dueling theories (directors vs writers), both think they're correct. I'm going with the writers on this though. *shrugs*
    Conveniently in this case, I've always viewed a film as being more of a product of the director, rather than the writer. Convenient because in this case, I agree with the directors and am an alternate timeline guy.

Seems from the article though that this is more their head cannon then something etched into stone somewhere though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Conveniently in this case, I've always viewed a film as being more of a product of the director, rather than the writer. Convenient because in this case, I agree with the directors and am an alternate timeline guy.

Seems from the article though that this is more their head cannon then something etched into stone somewhere though.
    The writer creates the story. The director brings visualization to the story the writer creates.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The writer creates the story. The director brings visualization to the story the writer creates.
    Yeah, that "visualization" is called the MOVIE, and hence the movie is their creation from the story that the writers give them.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    These arent just scripts directors are picking from. From interviews it's clear the Russo were involved in crafting the story. They say things in interviews like early in the writing process we knew how we wanted Caps story to end. I think the Russos and Feigie are probaly heavily involved in the crafting the storys and then Markus and Mcfeely turn the ideas into a functional script. Just my guess but its vibe I get from interviews.

Just by someone appearing in the past, an alternate timeline is immediately created, regardless of whether the infinity stone is returned the exact moment that it was removed - unless the time traveller is invisible and intangible. History can't play out the way it's supposed to if it interacts with anything that wasn't there originally.

Couple of message deletions this morning that were starting to veer off-topic.

Let's not stray into political discussions here, please
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

So, too bad the Vision was sidelined (i.e. killed by Thanos in the previous film) for Endgame. How does he come back for his tv show? I'm going to guess Wakandan technology plus a little help from Helen Cho. She made the cradle, Wakandans got the Vibranium and he was in their lab long enough for them to have made a copy or something. Maybe he'll come back as less emotional like the old-timey Vision (or the pale one that Byrne wrote) and will have to figure out how to become more human again.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So, too bad the Vision was sidelined (i.e. killed by Thanos in the previous film) for Endgame. How does he come back for his tv show? I'm going to guess Wakandan technology plus a little help from Helen Cho. She made the cradle, Wakandans got the Vibranium and he was in their lab long enough for them to have made a copy or something. Maybe he'll come back as less emotional like the old-timey Vision (or the pale one that Byrne wrote) and will have to figure out how to become more human again.
    I think Shuri and some magic from Wanda and Aggatha Harkness. And I don't even know if Shuri will be in. She coulda repaired the body off screen and Wanda needs to find a way to restore Vision to his former self.

Can Vision even exist in the MCU without the stone?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Can Vision even exist in the MCU without the stone?
    He died without it. So probably a no but thinking they'll find a way to bring him back with an artificial thingy that mimics the stone per Prof, Hulk.