Page 192 of 626 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Different case, since Scott & Emma had begun something when she was alive and probably would have been together anyway.
    Not really, since they had to keep jean dead for more than a decade to Scemma wotk. Same situation.
    And no one else acknowledged that AXM annual story, and for good reason. It's just a lazy and contrived way to do it.
    Rosenberg said that it would come to play on his run.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Did we even knew the reason why Jean didn't adopt a code name after marvel girl and phoenix?
    (i mean in universe or outside)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Did we even knew the reason why Jean didn't adopt a code name after marvel girl and phoenix?
    (i mean in universe or outside)
    Seems like most telepaths in the X-Verse just go with their birth name. Professor X was sort of a nickname rather than a codename. Kid Omega got dropped fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Seems like most telepaths in the X-Verse just go with their birth name. Professor X was sort of a nickname rather than a codename. Kid Omega got dropped fairly quickly.
    White Queen is pretty iconic. Emma is lucky

White Queen is pretty iconic. Emma is lucky
    It was a rank, not a code name.

I know but she is famous with it, even when she wasnt on the hellfire club.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It was a rank, not a code name.
    It's definitely a codename too. Her public identity as a mutant wasn't known until Astonishing X-Men.

Hey why is this becoming more about ships again .Who the effing hell cares about Scemma or other crap ships.Just stop bringing all this garbage into this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    It’s kinda like Wonder Woman keeping the seat warm for Louise Lane.
    wonder woman had a relationship with superman on new 52. of course it went nowhere. because eventually clark went back with Lane.
    It is not the same, in the new 52 Diana would come to be something like the great love of SM since this SM was never with Lois. If this had happened in pre-flaspoint or in Rebirth then it is another story. Different superman, different story.

It's like Logan and Jean in AoA Jean was never with Scott so Logan was never that "someone keeping the seat warm until Cyke returns".

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean did adopt a codename after Marvel Girl / Phoenix, but it didn't stick. She was Marvel Woman at some point in the 90s, didn't she? I remember seeing a book where she was noted as that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean did adopt a codename after Marvel Girl / Phoenix, but it didn't stick. She was Marvel Woman at some point in the 90s, didn't she? I remember seeing a book where she was noted as that.
    I don't remember that! Funny! Like Invisible Girl becoming Invisible Woman. I think she no longer needs a codename, she's been on the world TV as Jean Grey, she's been to the UN as Jean Grey. In fact her real name has become her codename.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I personally am a fan of Jean as Phoenix, with the imagery, with or without the Phoenix Force. That's Jean's iconic appearance and iconic codename. Otherwise, I'm fine with her as just 'Jean Grey.'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga Novel by Stuart Moore

“Dark Phoenix is one of the touchstone works of super hero comics," Moore tells SYFY WIRE. "In expanding it into a novel, my top priority was to flesh out Jean Grey as a person and keep the story focused on her as much as possible. I was determined to do justice to Chris Claremont and John Byrne’s original, mind-blowing story, while bringing it subtly into the 21st century. By Sharra and K’ythri, I hope I’ve pulled it off.”
    First X-Lady

Not to my knowledge. In the 90’s she was Jean Grey until Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. Before that she was referenced as Marvel Girl a few times especially in early 90’s (X-factor). During most of 80s re: xfactor she went by Marvel Girl .
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-14-2019 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Typing on my phone ..ugh!

Was that in the front of the book with the fold-out panel that told about each character? It may have been there?