Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess my issue with it is it felt less like gods or Asgardians talking and more like normal people or goofy pastiche's of Asgardians talking.

It's definitely a "varies between writers" thing. Even Jason Aaron can't keep it consistent and he's the main Thor writer .
    Yeah, I can see your point.

...Then again this is being penned by McElroy family (from "The Adventure Zone" podcast fame) so the way they're making the Asgardians talk may be on purpose as a satire on the whole thing, especially when they made Thor have to repeat the word verily again when he was talking to Baldur in the beginning of issue #1, and it was a purposefully satirical moment of how awkward their way of speech can get at times.

But I may also be reaching with that theory of reasoning. Either way I am enjoying the banter of the group and the action comedy. Just wish the art was better.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So speaking to that fear of none of the Champions characters appearing in that Patrick Gleason promo spread, Miles and Kamala both made it onto the big Marvel Comics 1000 cover.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So speaking to that fear of none of the Champions characters appearing in that Patrick Gleason promo spread, Miles and Kamala both made it onto the big Marvel Comics 1000 cover.
    And Gwen. Because I guess we can't have one or two spider-person per group illustration anymore .

Yeah, three spiders on there, the third of course being Peter in a homage to Amazing Fantasy #15. CrimsonEchidna didn't mention Gwen because he was talking about the Champions, and she isn't one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for the Miles and Riri Ironheart issue.
    https://aux.avclub.com/riri-williams...hea-1834672099

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Preview for the Miles and Riri Ironheart issue.
    https://aux.avclub.com/riri-williams...hea-1834672099
    Loving the continuity tie-ins. Eve's run on Ironheart has been pretty damn good so i'm definitely picking this up.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Ultimate Member

http:https://lordsofpain.net/mvp-on-...resentation///

MVP was a recent guest on X-Pac 1 2 360. During the interview, he discussed why Kofi Kingston’s title win was so important for black representation. Here are the highlights:

On Why Black Representation Matters:

Something that blew me away, it resonated…while we were watching [Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse], my son, who at the time, I don’t think he was four yet, or maybe…yeah I think he was four. He looks at me and says, ‘Daddy, I want to be black Spider-Man.’ And I thought because Miles Morales wears a black and red Spider-Man outfit, at first that’s what I thought, you know? Oh yeah, not blue Spider-Man. But then he said, ‘Daddy, he looks like me. He looks like me. I wanna be him.’ And it dawned on me like, ‘Oh s***, yeah, you do look like Miles Morales.’ So the importance of having role models that you can immediately relate to, is right now in our society sadly, there’s a huge issue of race and this rift, and I remember when Black Panther came out, people were like, ‘Oh what’s the big deal, you guys already had Blade, so what?’ No, you don’t understand. Growing up, I remember the first time I saw Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson. I went, ‘Oh s***, I wanna be like them.’ Because when we went outside to play wrestling, I was always Dusty Rhodes or Ric Flair or something like that, but to see somebody that looked like me, I went ‘Oh yeah, I wanna be like them!’ And then to see my four-year-old son, who I’ve never had a conversation about race or any of the social issues that plague us today, just to see him see a superhero that looks like him that he can relate to, that was absolutely huge.

That's really nice to read .

(I guess it just goes to show you how Miles' other media appearances were drops in a pond compared to Into the Spider-Verse.)

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'll echo those who aren't liking JiM all that much. I'm a huge fan of the McElroys, but it's just not that good of a comic. The writing is very much the family just spit-balling dialogue, and having Clint transcribe it into a story outline. It's filled with the same redundancy, and word choice that they're known for in their audio projects. But it just doesn't work that well in a comic book. To their credit it, much of it does end up being funny or at least landing enough to get over the initial awkwardness of the dialogue. But I've been listening to their work for years, not everyone has the same level of familiarity.

They're very much the same issues I had with their graphic novel adaptation of "Here there be Gerblins." The delivery of the lines, and the energy the family has together is completely lost on the page. At least with HTBG Carey Pietsch was able to sell more of the humor as she's a very close collaborator with the family. Enough to overcome her issues in conveying physical action anyway.

I wish it was better, but we're two issues in. What we have is an alright concept for a story, that ties into an event I don't care about. The execution just isn't there.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Incredible Member

Miles got his own mini spotlight for Gameinformer's MUA3 coverage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtQPCqT0fQ

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Miles got his own mini spotlight for Gameinformer's MUA3 coverage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtQPCqT0fQ
    And sounds like Nadji Jeter is reprising from the cartoon/PS4 game .

Still not a fan of how nasally he does Miles' voice, he could honestly just use his regular voice and be fine.

Still not a fan of how nasally he does Miles' voice, he could honestly just use his regular voice and be fine.
    I think it works best for young fresh bitten Miles, but yeah if he ever voices an older version of him, Nadji's regular voice should do just fine.

I don't think the line read/the line itself helped much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I think it works best for young fresh bitten Miles, but yeah if he ever voices an older version of him, Nadji's regular voice should do just fine.
    "Older Miles?" Like, 18 or so? I don't think we've seen that in an adaption yet.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the line read/the line itself helped much.
    I think he's trying to sell Miles as nerdier. I prefer the the more nature way Moore does it.