Page 485 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 3854354754814824834844854864874884894955355859851485 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 36875

The incident outside my synagogue made the news

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...box=1557801117

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

So tonights episode of Arrow!

spoilers:

Team Arrow beat up some cops and some mooks and Emiko gasses a bunch of people. Oliver still tries to get through to her and Talk No Jutsu finally pays off! After spending half the season being a complete psychopath, Emiko randomly turns good. For about ten seconds before she's killed by a random underling. She gets knifed in the stomach and falcon kicked and that's it. Emiko just dies. Then the building blows up and Oliver escapes. The rest of the episode is people standing around and talking. Oliver even takes Emiko's death in stride. Despite the 9th Circle still being a clear and present threat, Oliver gets bored and leaves the city. Trusting his, lets call them a team I guess, to watch over it while he goes to live in the woods and raise his daughter with Fefe until The Monitor shows back up again and, instead of being pointlessly evil, takes Oliver on a multiversal tour to fight evil to stop the crisis.
    end of spoilers

So basically, even the characters got bored halfway through and walked away.
    Look at the bright side of things:

spoilers:
    The Monitor took her away, for good it seems
    end of spoilers

Also, I will be getting in the ring next week, for a Savate assaut, bringing me one step closer to the one, the only BATROC. ZEE. LEEPAIR.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-14-2019 at 05:15 AM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

mashiba has truly evolved, both as a boxer and as a character.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Will post on Siriel's Anima game tonight (I've written it, emailed it home). I would post on mine, but there's still only a single, solitary post from Giovanna after my own. If I don't see anything by tomorrow, I'm continuing anyway.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    .......hell yes!

...................ok, i'm not sure i like what they did with wally in "heroes in crisis".

So my boss is pissed that I picked up a second job where I make much more money. I simply told him that money talks and this job is offering me much more.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ...................ok, i'm not sure i like what they did with wally in "heroes in crisis".
    You don't like that they made Wally West into a depressed, accidental mass murderer (due to Tom King deciding the Speed Force can kill people around him if unconstrained) whom we're supposed to be against because he's unhappy that the Universe took his loving wife and kids from him?

To quote Black Canary from "Heroes In Crisis" itself:

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    So my boss is pissed that I picked up a second job where I make much more money. I simply told him that money talks and this job is offering me much more.
    I think your boss needs to realize that workers are paid crap these days, and loyalty works both ways.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Just tried to read this 'Heroes in Crisis'. The PIS is on a whole other level. I know Harley Quinn is popular, but she ignores the fact that Booster Gold has a force field to stab him nearly to death, and casually outmaneuvers Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman in close combat.

It's mind-numbingly offensive to the intellect.

Edit: hilariously, maybe because someone sent them an Email, they try to address the force field part in a later issue, and come up with 'I don't know why it didn't stop her'.

I'm still reading; this is a train wreck.

Edit on the Edit: haha, okay, they actually have an explanation for the shield. Still doesn't cover Harley making Supeman, Wonder Woman, and Batman look like doofuses.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just tried to read this 'Heroes in Crisis'. The PIS is on a whole other level. I know Harley Quinn is popular, but she ignores the fact that Booster Gold has a force field to stab him nearly to death, and casually outmaneuvers Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman in close combat.

It's mind-numbingly offensive to the intellect.

Edit: hilariously, maybe because someone sent them an Email, they try to address the force field part in a later issue, and come up with 'I don't know why it didn't stop her'.

I'm still reading; this is a train wreck.

Edit on the Edit: haha, okay, they actually have an explanation for the shield. Still doesn't cover Harley making Supeman, Wonder Woman, and Batman look like doofuses.
    I reiterate:

(This is such a perfect reaction image).
    - C.S. Lewis

Okay, speculation about a Seven Deadly Sins sequel has some substantiated evidence since Nakaba discussed it last year. https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...l-possibility/ Though, that depends on whether his editors will permit it.

And it looks like the series isn't going to be wrapped up in a couple of chapters since he stated that he always intended to make a total of 40 volumes while there's only 36. So, these epilogue chapters are essentially red herrings.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    You don't like that they made Wally West into a depressed, accidental mass murderer (due to Tom King deciding the Speed Force can kill people around him if unconstrained) whom we're supposed to be against because he's unhappy that the Universe took his loving wife and kids from him?

To quote Black Canary from "Heroes In Crisis" itself:

there are some bits i'm ok with: the whole "superheroes have issues" thing and wally accidently killing a bunch of people.

but the whole "framing booster and harley and using the speed force to make them think the other did it" thing? nope. nope. nope.