Page 143 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I wonder how much of a reboot we are going to get. I hope Storm's goddess-hood remains intact. I also hope her relationship with BP doesn't get trampled on or ignored/erased.
    exactly. I'm not convinced this will stay in tact. I think they would want a clean start to do away with any inconsistencies and controversy they can. this would allow BP and nakia to do their thing without the weight of ororo. and with young urchin storm and punk rock storm shown I'm not convinced goddess storm of any form will make it to this reboot version of her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its never really mattered in the X-books so I dont think much will change in terms of how she's portrayed
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yup which is why I'm out. for all we know her whole time being worshipped as a goddess could be wiped as well as her ability to perceive energy. she may be reduced to just a weather manipulator. I don't trust Hickman to understand or get the nuisances of her powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No loss really.
    It's not as though Coates did any significant exploration with it beyond the initial revelation.
    And...other than a "Goddess" word drop and a tweet, somewhere...the X-Offices had pretty ignored it entirely.
    Riiiiight, that's what I thought her being a Goddess would be Erased.

Well, I guess we need to see what the Hell is "Fearless" all about because it would be VERY contradicting if BP is still referencing her as a Goddess and Hickman isn't addressing it. I for one don't see how you can't since throughout the years this concept has been passing back n forth of her being a Goddess and Not Being Goddess. I would hope JH at least acknowledges it because if he doesn't and Coates still talks about it......continuity is going to be full of Confusion until JH leaves.

Then again it depends on the writer. *SIGH* once again seems like writers still can't decide what they wanna do with Storm. Well, the only thing we can do is wait and see.........

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Riiiiight, that's what I thought her being a Goddess would be Erased.

Well, I guess we need to see what the Hell is "Fearless" all about because it would be VERY contradicting if BP is still referencing her as a Goddess and Hickman isn't addressing it. I for one don't see how you can't since throughout the years this concept has been passing back n forth of her being a Goddess and Not Being Goddess. I would hope JH at least acknowledges it because if he doesn't and Coates still talks about it......continuity is going to be full of Confusion until JH leaves.

Then again it depends on the writer. *SIGH* once again seems like writers still can't decide what they wanna do with Storm. Well, the only thing we can do is wait and see.........
    I'm looking at all the house of x stuff and haven't seen one hint of ororo let alone any person of color. so who knows what any of this truly means for the franchise because the full reboot of the characters may not impact where they end up as they are currently in the whole of the marvel universe.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

exactly. I'm not convinced this will stay in tact. I think they would want a clean start to do away with any inconsistencies and controversy they can. this would allow BP and nakia to do their thing without the weight of ororo. and with young urchin storm and punk rock storm shown I'm not convinced goddess storm of any form will make it to this reboot version of her.
    I would imagine that JH would know about Goddess Storm. I mean he is all about Continuity. So, if he doesn't know about Storm's jump to God-Hood i'd be very surprised. But then that would mean what the Hell is Fearless Comic talking about Storm solving a problem only a Goddess could solve......that makes no sense.

BANNED

I'm looking at all the house of x stuff and haven't seen one hint of ororo let alone any person of color. so who knows what any of this truly means for the franchise because the full reboot of the characters may not impact where they end up as they are currently in the whole of the marvel universe.
    Maybe this impacts SOME of the Mutants. Maybe he is just changing their past and the current is still intact. If we don't see Storm maybe Hickman isn't changing Storm and only a select few.

Astonishing Member

I actually think that thematically speaking Storm is a great character for the run(s) Hickman has planned so she has a better chance than most. I personally think Hickman has a way of losing himself in big casts but I see him finding a place for Storm. He likes his big cosmic stories so it’s possible he’d want to fit in a mutant goddess for his narrative. When he referenced mutants bending the Kardashev scale (technological development as measured by energy output) I immediately thought of Vulcan, a mutant who conquered the Shiar Empire, but that concept could really apply to all upper level energy manipulators. Maybe Storm will have something to do with that.

More interesting though is this evolution theme he’s pushing, and with Storm having a bloodline as old as humanity itself I could see him playing with that. Especially if he were to expand on her connection to the Elder Gods, who perfectly fit the scope of the stories he’d want to tell. Even outside the potential stories she has in a more large scale X-Men, most would agree Storm will probably be a top character in the MCU X-Men. I don’t see her being written as a wallpaper character as her star rises on the big screen. Granted we’re still a ways off from X-Men films but if Hickman stays on for awhile I think he’d want to leave a mark on the character.

Either way, I’m interested in what he has planned because he does have a record of shaking things up. Hickman likes long form sagas that play out over years so for all we know Storm and other characters who seem absent like Gambit may take center stage down the road. At least we got a writer who has a plan so I have more faith in him telling good stories than most writers Marvel could’ve chosen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I actually think that thematically speaking Storm is a great character for the run(s) Hickman has planned so she has a better chance than most. I personally think Hickman has a way of losing himself in big casts but I see him finding a place for Storm. He likes his big cosmic stories so it’s possible he’d want to fit in a mutant goddess for his narrative. When he referenced mutants bending the Kardashev scale (technological development as measured by energy output) I immediately thought of Vulcan, a mutant who conquered the Shiar Empire, but that concept could really apply to all upper level energy manipulators. Maybe Storm will have something to do with that.

More interesting though is this evolution theme he’s pushing, and with Storm having a bloodline as old as humanity itself I could see him playing with that. Especially if he were to expand on her connection to the Elder Gods, who perfectly fit the scope of the stories he’d want to tell. Even outside the potential stories she has in a more large scale X-Men, most would agree Storm will probably be a top character in the MCU X-Men. I don’t see her being written as a wallpaper character as her star rises on the big screen. Granted we’re still a ways off from X-Men films but if Hickman stays on for awhile I think he’d want to leave a mark on the character.

Either way, I’m interested in what he has planned because he does have a record of shaking things up. Hickman likes long form sagas that play out over years so for all we know Storm and other characters who seem absent like Gambit may take center stage down the road. At least we got a writer who has a plan so I have more faith in him telling good stories than most writers Marvel could’ve chosen.
    I like your theory I really do. But we also know the mutants that Hickman favors a lot. So, i'm a bit skeptical on his version of Storm. But then again we shall see he's done OK with the Power houses of the Avengers and FF. So, hopeufully he knows that Storm is one of these powerhouses and one of the Backbones of the X-Men.

I would imagine that JH would know about Goddess Storm. I mean he is all about Continuity. So, if he doesn't know about Storm's jump to God-Hood i'd be very surprised. But then that would mean what the Hell is Fearless Comic talking about Storm solving a problem only a Goddess could solve......that makes no sense.
    yea I don't think the current goddess stuff in the other parts of the franchise will be impacted by whatever things Hickman is doing . we should be hopefully good there.

Maybe this impacts SOME of the Mutants. Maybe he is just changing their past and the current is still intact. If we don't see Storm maybe Hickman isn't changing Storm and only a select few.
    yup this is what I'm thinking. if it's just tweaking a few things here and there without impacting the core of who and what she is I would be fine even if it impacts ororo. however radically changing her origins i cant and would never get behind as a fan. i think how Claremont originally wrote it was perfect.

BANNED

yea I don't think the current goddess stuff in the other parts of the franchise will be impacted by whatever things Hickman is doing . we should be hopefully good there.

yup this is what I'm thinking. if it's just tweaking a few things here and there without impacting the core of who and what she is I would be fine even if it impacts ororo. however radically changing her origins i cant and would never get behind as a fan. i think how Claremont originally wrote it was perfect.
    Yeah, i'm just thinking I don't think Goddess Storm is leaving. And I also, don't think he is changing a major focal point of Storms character, but I do think he will change something trivial like her meeting forge or something like her reason of going punk may not be because of Yukio, but something tragic happen and forced her to go WILD.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I like ALOT but some of what you mentioned, including her bloodline, assumes he decides to leave this part of her mythos intact. in fact the parts of her mystical heritage could be completed erased. this is my concern, or one, when it comes to her specifically.

Yeah, i'm just thinking I don't think Goddess Storm is leaving. And I also, don't think he is changing a major focal point of Storms character, but I do think he will change something trivial like her meeting forge or something like her reason of going punk may not be because of Yukio, but something tragic happen and forced her to go WILD.
    yea when you put it like this it doesnt make this as bad as I originally thought I hope ororo comes out looking like the badaas gawdess we have come to love but with marvels track record im.not really hopeful of this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Honestly speaking though...apart from a very select few readers and one writer, the Divine Goddess incarnation is not (nor has it ever been) truly important to her overall characterisation. Even Claremont never bothered much with it. As much as it may have been a potentiality of what could be, the core strength of Storm's character is more corporeal and grounded in the here and now.
    It is what is is...you either take it or leave it.

BANNED

yea when you put it like this it doesnt make this as bad as I originally thought I hope ororo comes out looking like the badaas gawdess we have come to love but with marvels track record im.not really hopeful of this.
    I mean I understand your skepticism. But if were going by the pics posted: Punk Storm and Child Storm. I think those are just trivial points of Storm's life. I mean he can change who Storm was trained by as a child for all I care and the reason of Storm going Punk I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Honestly speaking though...apart from a very select few readers and one writer, the Divine Goddess incarnation is not (nor has it ever been) truly important to her overall characterisation. Even Claremont never bothered much with it. As much as it may have been a potentiality of what could be, the core strength of Storm's character is more corporeal and grounded in the here and now.
    It is what is is...you either take it or leave it.
    Well, yeah your right. But throughout her history it has been speculated many times IF she is a Goddess or not. Is it apart of her characterization? No, not really but it is apart of her history. Even Claremont has hinted of her being a Goddess. Sadly, he did not expand on it because it wasn't that imported YET.

What I love about continuity and with what Coates so intelligently did was take something that was hinted at and making it a reality:

Her being a goddess was very much a part of who she was and learned to embrace all aspects of herself, which included the goddess. Coates was the best thing that happened to Ororo in modern history and I pray he can continue his vision for her moving forward!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-14-2019 at 02:05 PM.