Page 488 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 3884384784844854864874884894904914924985385889881488 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 36885

Now I know we’re multiple weeks behind the US with the CW shows, and I was possibly very tired this morning when I watched it, but did I really see Oliver frame his own sister for double homicide to cover up for the crimes of psycho-zombie Roy Harper...?!

Or did I dream that ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That, actually, would be a better reason.

Maybe the writer is getting sick of his crap.

Good stuff, man.
    Convenient plot device to ensure Shin stands a chance while establishing that Houken is below 100% is convenient.

I just find it hilarious that it previously took General YOLO sacrificing his life to give Houken a significant injury, but this time he got the injury from an adjutant that's never been shown to be anything beyond the average soldier.

Gramps - Level 1 Warrior
    Double open rolls Defense.
    Manages to *not die* to Houken's initial swing. Nonetheless suffers critical injury.

Houken - Level 7? Technician
    Fumbles Notice that enemy mook is alive
    Fumbles Notice that enemy mook has gotten up and is walking towards him while dragging his sword on the ground
    Takes surprise penalty to enemy attack from behind.
    Suffers critical wound to left leg.
    Kills the mook properly this time.
    Ragequits for the night.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 05-15-2019 at 09:37 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Convenient plot device to ensure Shin stands a chance while establishing that Houken is below 100% is convenient.

I just find it hilarious that it previously took General YOLO sacrificing his life to give Houken a significant injury, but this time he got the injury from an adjutant that's never been shown to be anything beyond the average soldier.

Gramps - Level 1 Warrior
    Double open rolls Defense.
    Manages to *not die* to Houken's initial swing. Nonetheless suffers critical injury.

Houken - Level 7 Technician
    Fumbles Notice that enemy mook is alive
    Fumbles Notice that enemy mook has gotten up and is walking towards him while dragging his sword on the ground
    Takes surprise penalty to enemy attack from behind.
    Suffers critical wound to left leg.
    Kills the mook properly this time.
    Ragequits for the night.
    Awesome. Nailed it.

Maybe Gramps got an open roll on his attack roll, to boot (attack roll to boot, as well).

Technician? ^_^ Would have figured him to be a warrior or weaponmaster (I figure most of the people in that comic are either weaponmasters or paladins/dark paladins...).

Not sure about Houken being a Technician, and maybe Gramps got an open roll on his attack as well. ^_^ But otherwise nailed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

tooth was bothering me in the back.

so i ripped it out with my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

I hope it came out whole, the last thing you want is a leftoever piece to cause an infection.

Regardless of that, tis a mighty deed worthy of the most rugged barbarian warrior!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I hope it came out whole, the last thing you want is a leftoever piece to cause an infection.

Regardless of that, tis a mighty deed worthy of the most rugged barbarian warrior!
    it was a left over from a tooth that has long since rotted away.

i've been pulling chunks of my teeth out since i was in high school. genetic condition. as a trade off for aging gracefully, my family has always had bad teeth. like all the members of my immedete family have had at least 10 dental surgeries in the last 2 years.

Awesome. Nailed it.

Maybe Gramps got an open roll on his attack roll, to boot (attack roll to boot, as well).

Technician? ^_^ Would have figured him to be a warrior or weaponmaster (I figure most of the people in that comic are either weaponmasters or paladins/dark paladins...).

Not sure about Houken being a Technician, and maybe Gramps got an open roll on his attack as well. ^_^ But otherwise nailed.
    Ha! Nicely done with the pun. Gramps may have open rolled attack too, agreed.

Houken doesn't use armor at all and is only shown using one type of weapon - a glaive. He used the glaive even when his arm is broken and swapping to something different would probably work better, allowing Shin greater leverage in their duel when Shin attacked his blade.

Houken puts a lot of stock in mystical descriptions of martial prowess.

He waltzes into armies, wrecks **** like some unstoppable force of nature, and then leaves. Much more of a Technician playstyle. So that's my take.

I'd say Shin is more of a Weapon Master. He can fight all day every day, murdering mooks and dominating his general area with quality weapons and massive base stats, generally without suffering significant injury (except for that time at the palace when he was saving the harem, uh I mean capital). He knows how to use two weapons now and wears armor the moment he can afford to buy it.

Oh, Akou is definitely a Weapon Master too. He got so much mileage out of that armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ha! Nicely done with the pun. Gramps may have open rolled attack too, agreed.

Houken doesn't use armor at all and is only shown using one type of weapon - a glaive. He used the glaive even when his arm is broken and swapping to something different would probably work better, allowing Shin greater leverage in their duel when Shin attacked his blade.

Houken puts a lot of stock in mystical descriptions of martial prowess.

He waltzes into armies, wrecks **** like some unstoppable force of nature, and then leaves. Much more of a Technician playstyle. So that's my take.
    Which is fair. It's the lack of Ki use in the manga that gets to me for a Tech. Fair point about the armor...maybe he's a Shadow. He seems to get in and out of places without being noticed (normally by just killing everyone, I suppose).

Sometimes people just defying being put into classes. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, I am kinda adapting the Anima system to Kingdom's context rather than just the other way around here, which is where reasonable minds may- oh I'm sorry. Where mileage may vary! ^_^

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.... ^_^
    Why are we here?

Bit annoyed that Houken gets wounded so easily when it was established that years ago when he wasn't as strong he could defend in all directions. Please don't tell me he came back just for general spirit to strike again.

Which is fair. It's the lack of Ki use in the manga that gets to me for a Tech.
    Houken does demonstrate some things that would be ki in Anima; he can sense strong people from afar, his presence scares lesser opponents, he doesn't really get tired, his skin is abnormally tough to the point that strikes don't dig as deep as they should, he defends a ludicrous amount of times in a short timespan, his attacks have minor area of effects and reach further than his weapon would seem to, etc.

I could see him as a gimmick build that maxed out ki recovery and prioritized ki abilities and non-flashy high-duration techniques that just give minor amp that he can spam forever.

Makes sense, really. Between your points and Falcon's, I'll switch to Tech for him.
    Why are we here?

I'm finding the new Fantastic Four comic surprisingly interesting.

Hilarious scene -- Reed is trying to hack into a Doombot glove so that he can use it to access Doom's arsenal (it actually makes perfect sense in the comic), but he needs to figure out the password.

[Johnny] Try 'Richards' with six exclamation points.

Another: the group frees Galactus from Mt. Doom (yes, it's as batcrap insane as it sounds), which wrecks the mountain.

[Doom] NO! Look what you've done! Mt. Doom lies in ruins!

[Ben] Yeah? Big deal. Like there ain't Castle Doom, Doomstadt, and a zillion other things yer name is on.

[Doom] That mountain was named after my late father.

[Ben] Oh. Um. Sorry, Vic.

Best comic I've read in ages.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-15-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

...Know another friend that does it too so not as fazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Now I know we’re multiple weeks behind the US with the CW shows, and I was possibly very tired this morning when I watched it, but did I really see Oliver frame his own sister for double homicide to cover up for the crimes of psycho-zombie Roy Harper...?!

Or did I dream that ****?
    LOL Yep! Roy came back to the city with Lazarus-Mirakuru Bloodlust and neglected to tell everyone until after he had a freakout and killed two innocent guys. The entire team then lies to the SCPD, whom they're supposed to be working with this season, and blame Emiko, who is a whiny loony, for their deaths.

They continue letting Roy join them in the field after this too.

spoilers:

Even better? They start regularly attacking police officers after this episode and Roy killing two innocent people is never resolved.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.