Page 45 of 434 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know right!?
    I was seriously moved by the steady, solid, thoughtful directness of his responses as much as by the content of those answers.
    Exactly he was to the point and without blinders.

I don't think the Hickman era is going to be delicate at all to the people who just want to see their favourite character ("WHERE'S LORNA!") rise to prominance, haha. But for people who want to see soap opera, big stakes and narrative drive, I think they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I don't think the Hickman era is going to be delicate at all to the people who just want to see their favourite character ("WHERE'S LORNA!") rise to prominance, haha. But for people who want to see soap opera, big stakes and narrative drive, I think they will be fine.
    I feel the same. I think I will like it as X-Men fan but Gambit fan in me don`t expect anything good for Gambit as character.

So it will be the X-men. Awesome

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have my personal Faves...but...I LOVE the X-Men as a whole so...If the X-Men rise to prominence as a group eventhough my faves aren't featured front and centre doing humongous feats, I'll still be a very, very happy reader.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have my personal Faves...but...I LOVE the X-Men as a whole so...If the X-Men rise to prominence as a group eventhough my faves aren't featured front and centre doing humongous feats, I'll still be a very, very happy reader.
    It might be rough, but there is that saying about a rising tide and boats. A strong flagship leads to a strong line leads to more chances for other characters to have a story. The X-Men Empire was not built in a day.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Dear Hickman,

I miss Daken.
    Help a brother out.

Yours sincerely,
    Trini.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It might be rough, but there is that saying about a rising tide and boats. A strong flagship leads to a strong line leads to more chances for other characters to have a story. The X-Men Empire was not built in a day.
    Rough, for those who care about their personal favourites only and not so much about the overall world in which their favourites reside (I've already seen posts about not buying any X-Men if so-and-so is not featured)...whatever...I have no time for that noise.

You are absolutely right.
    The X-Men has been figuratively razed to the ground over the past decade and it will take time to rebuild. I'm focusing on and supporting that reconstruction of the X-Empire. Anything else that comes after is just icing with salty caramel and chocolate fudge.

Comic Geek in General

More importantly, Nightcrawler and Magik sharing a cover....or the fact Powers #2 Cover features Sabertooth, Mystique, Magneto, Emma and Toad, while House #2 Cover shows Blob (not too surprising, before he got shuffled he wasn’t really in a mood for a fight), Evan looking more like Apocalypse, Destiny (I thought she died), Pyro, Archangel (I wonder if Warren is stuck in his old Death mode again)......I’m wondering where Colossus, Havok, Madrox, Sunfire, Beast, Iceman (can’t have only 3 Founders), Storm, Kitty, Armor, X-23, Forge, Banshee, Layla Madrox, Moonstar, Juggernaut would wind up.....

And will Vulcan return? (Not sure if he’s still crazy or if he’d have amnesia). Will the Government form a Counter Mutant Team (like the Squadron Supreme for the Avengers, but with 616 versions of the Redeemers, some Former lesser X Team Members, maybe a few Weapon X alums, as a potential counter force), will the X-Men encounter Namor in his current psychosis? What happened with Ahab? Are the Sentinels in the preview the old school stupid overcompensating versions?
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.

hey guys remember to stop by your local comic book store to get some of jonathan hickman's quality seed

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...d-powers-of-x/
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I’m wondering if this somehow ties into the “seeding” of mutation in early man by the Celestials, and perhaps the Eternals-Deviants too in some way?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m wondering if this somehow ties into the “seeding” of mutation in early man by the Celestials, and perhaps the Eternals-Deviants too in some way?
    Probably deals with the Celestials; we've speculated it also ties to his Avengers work, more precisely with Ex Nihilo and Abyss, the very first story of that Avengers run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/04/2...-age-of-x-men/

Seems to support this theory.

I can't see the X-men and the mutants not living on Earth being a long term consistent plot.
    But it's Hickman, I trust him.

Jean and the young mutant "student?" are shown walking through a portal of some sort...So maybe the mutants will have a doorway linking them to Earth and...wherever?
    They could be living off-world but still "work" on Earth.