Page 88 of 151 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No she couldnt. Nate was boosted by the Life Seed. Hope mimics mutant powers and would need her own life seed to get to the same levels that he was at
    Even so, with Legion's powers, she'd have a chance. Plus, like I said, there were other methods they could try. This was no means an unwinnable battle, nor the worse opponent the X-men ever faced.

Comic Geek in General

E
    I also felt Warren was Scott's closest friend. In the O5 era and later X-Factor, Bobby and Hank were always paired off together and that left Scott to get most of his development with Jean and Warren.

Scott's presence wouldnt have had any impact on the outcome. Nate was physically untouchable as he had TK shields up during that final battle

Except every X-man was thrown at Nate by the time Scott learned about the battle. Him going there wouldnt have changed what was already underway
    Yeah, to catch Nate off guard, they would have needed say Iron Man (I’m convinced Tony’s Armor has Psi Dampeners), Ghost Rider (Either Blaze, Ketch Or Reyes, would have used Penance Stare or just Hellfire), Hyperion (he would Not Heat Vision Nate’s Head till the TK Shield failed), She Hulk (whose Gamma Output is now explosive) Thor (God of Thunder), Nova Prime (who beat threats as or more powerful), Scarlet Witch (who could just “No More X-Man” his butt) Star Lord (who would have probably......maybe annoyed Nate, maybe) or Deadpool (his madness is a asset....he annoyed the Skrull Armada, Norman Osborn, Bullseye, Zombies, Taskmaster, Thanos, Undead Presidents, ULTIMATUM, etc)
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-23-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Comic Geek in General

that doesnt mean he could have stopped Nate. There was too much chaos going on and he was supposed to be dead. He wouldnt have been able to just waltz in there and take command of everything as people would assume he was some trick by Nate. His presence would have tripped Jean up, who was commanding a team of psychics against Nate. I honestly dont see how Scott could have turned the battle in a favorable direction for them
    Exactly, Jean couldn’t afford to lose her train of thought at that moment......if Scott came back before the battle, like before Nate struck, then maybe he would have had a better plan, (or at least select team members to stand by in reserve.......so there’s would be a second wave or to carry on should the team fail......like now), during the fights it was too hectic......

Kinda makes one wonder if when Jean and the rest of the team returns if Scott would be in a rapidly losing battle......or would it be maybe when the team is unwinding post battle, like at the New Mansion? Would the Return happen as Scott is about to disband the team or go on another leave of absence? Or would they remember that there where family/ love ones of the missing team members who would want answers? (Captain Britain, Aurora and the rest of Alpha Flight, the New Warriors......)

Just a couple more months......

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Relationship counseling would be novel but I think at this point it's clear to both of them what happened and why. Of course they could benefit from learning some communication strategies but that's where I think you deviate too far down the art imitating life path. They are supposed to be to superheroes in love. Adding to that with a lot of real life logistics just waters down the pure romantic and heroic elements of their relationship. This is fantasy. Their love should be basically effortless. It's only these ridiculous external problems that have ever caused issues for them. If it's just the two of them figuring out how they get back together it shouldn't require a lot of effort. Time maybe, but not really effort.

So much of this comes down the rapport. If it's re-established and works the way it did in the Claremont era, things like counseling become very redundant because most of relationship counseling focuses on effective communication and accepting your partners limitations. Those are things that should never present a problem with their level of knowledge of each other, and the presence of the rapport.

Unless Marvel's willing to meaningfully develop their relationship, which from what's been said seems very unlikely, we'll see a reset back to the relationship turbulence we saw during early X-Factor issues. Marvel can't walk back how they feel about each other. There's just been too much established there to undue without a major retcon. I think they'll end up somewhere between dating and wondering if they should. Probably both. That's way too fertile ground to not exploit Emma as a potential foil even if Marvel has no intention of ever reuniting Scott and Emma. Marvel's also done a very thorough job of showing that Emma has very deep feelings for Scott. I don't see Hickman snapping his fingers and making that all go away overnight.

I think we have to accept that Hickman is going to use the tools that present themselves to create drama and doubt. Morrison designed the triangle entirely for that reason. It'll be used to some extent at least.
    That’s true, they came back stronger after Betsy tried her seduction, eventually starting up again with the specter of Madelyn (I think they where debating by Inferno, while after the big issue was Jean having Madelyn and the Phoenix messing with her emotions)........

I think they just need enough time to just talk between them, though they’ve patched things up both before Jean’s death and when she came back (when the Phoenix tried to tempt her with Scott).......I too feel that if the two are alive at the same time, they’d choose each other, no matter what they’ve been through while the other was dead......besides, other than Emma, who knows Scott as well if not better (even his brother has a hard time with his brother) than Jean......who knows, perhaps when Hickman starts, they would already have reconnected mostly off panel and are on the road to being close to where they where before Morrison added unnecessary drama......

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Gosh darn, even MCU Peter and "MJ" act more like a couple and seem to have more connection than these two.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Gosh darn, even MCU Peter and "MJ" act more like a couple and seem to have more connection than these two.
    Yeah, we haven't even seen this Jean and Scott huge or kiss or anything. Their relationships is supposed to be important on this movie (stated by the director and actors of this film) yet it seems very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Very sweet!

Hope these two have some great moments in this movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, we haven't even seen this Jean and Scott huge or kiss or anything. Their relationships is supposed to be important on this movie (stated by the director and actors of this film) yet it seems very subtle.
    We haven't seen them be a couple int he films yet (with these actors). So unless they make it VERY overt that they are together in this film it will come off flat.

Incredible Member

The expectation bar is so low for some people. He touches her shoulder in a reassuring way and suddenly the movie is going to give us a great Jott story? Let's see how the movie plays out The creative people talked about Jott before Apocalypse and they sure as hell weren't a couple in that movie. I keep saying it, let's see what this movie actually handles them. Just don't expect a lot of optimism from me based on the track record.

Just to be clear that I'm not exaggerating in any way:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=grsgijeMoWI

She looks annoyed that he’s even touching her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    The expectation bar is so low for some people. He touches her shoulder in a reassuring way and suddenly the movie is going to give us a great Jott story? Let's see how the movie plays out The creative people talked about Jott before Apocalypse and they sure as hell weren't a couple in that movie. I keep saying it, let's see what this movie actually handles them. Just don't expect a lot of optimism from me based on the track record.
    Going by the leaked ending, lol.

BANNED

She looks annoyed that he’s even touching her
    At least this explains why she's so happy when "hughverine" shows up in X1.

Comic Geek in General

Cripes, the ‘92 Animated series had them be more of a couple (or as much as they can be on a Animated program that wasn’t on Adult Swim or HBO)..... eventually getting married (a successful second attempt, with no Dark Morph/ Sinister manipulations)after the Dark Phoenix Adaptation, and that kinda flubbed things a bit (Jean surviving the battle thanks to the Phoenix and the power of love and friendship).......though she was kidnapped by Apocalypse and had to team with the assembled telepaths to stop him from messing with time ........

Again, hopefully the stars are aligned in the comics for them, despite what some fans think (with the whole Scott/ Emma thing, though that was by Future White Crown Jean nudging Scott into it from elsewhen to avoid a Dark Future.....) and we could get back to having more than one Official Couple in the team (Gambit and Rogue).......besides if, by the looks of August’s Solicits, If Storm is on track to reconcile with Black Panther, than anything is possible.....