Page 50 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hi, there! As ChrisIII said, the Big Guy is the Savage Hulk!

Now, the mindless Hulk I'm talking about appears, in a vision by the Inhuman Ulysses. Now I don't remember exactly, by I believe it was in the first issues of CW II, or in the Ulysses tie-in. Someone help me here. In the vision, he's fighting a lot of the biggest heroes together, with some already killed.

In Secret Empire, this same Hulk (as stated by Ewing) is resurrected by Hydra to be used as their biggest weapon. He's the only thing that is capable to destroy the defenses of The Mount, where the allied heroes stay. Hydra's most powerful war machines can't do that nor the other allies, including Thor with jarnbjorn. Hulk gets there and almost kill them until they get to escape and the effect of the resurrection stops. This happens in #5 or #6, I believe.

Notice that he doesn't look as huge here as he does in the vision. That's it. I hope it helps!
    Thanks! Now that incarnation has seen the light of day, I hope we get to see how Devil Hulk and the other Hulks keep that guy locked away. I wonder if he is truly mindless though. In essence, isn't Bruce(the primary) always present in the back of his alter egos minds having some kind of influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    Thanks! Now that incarnation has seen the light of day, I hope we get to see how Devil Hulk and the other Hulks keep that guy locked away. I wonder if he is truly mindless though. In essence, isn't Bruce(the primary) always present in the back of his alter egos minds having some kind of influence?
    From what I recall Mindless is Bruce basically just letting Hulk run wild because he was extremely ticked at being killed. That’s what makes him so dangerous.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Acctually, my friends, it seems even this Hulk is even worse than the previous Mindless Hulk we've had in the past: the first one before He was sent to the the Crossroad by Dr. Strange (Banner simply gave up and let the Hulk take control...), and the truly mindless during Byrne's/Migrom's short runs, where the Hulk was completely separated from Banner.

I talked to Ewing in March 20th, through twitter, and asked about this:

Me:I have a few questions: that Hulk, from Ulysses vision in CW2, is supposed to be related to the one brought back during Secret Empire, I suppose? It seems to be a mindless, pure rage, Hulk. Would he be like some mindless incarnations we had in the past (when Banner and Hulk were separated, when Banner lost control and had to be sent to the crossroads, for example. Or is he something different and much worse? To the point that he had to imprisioned in the "cave", much like Devil Hulk had.
    Thanks!!

Ewing: That "Crossroads Hulk" was shown to have some basic levels of thought going on, as early as #302 or so. A pure rage-Hulk, with zero humanity involved at all, would be closer to Byrne's no-Banner "mindless Hulk" - but maybe worse even than that.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...076816384?s=20

Spectacular Member

Acctually, my friends, it seems even this Hulk is even worse than the previous Mindless Hulk we've had in the past: the first one before He was sent to the the Crossroad by Dr. Strange (Banner simply gave up and let the Hulk take control...), and the truly mindless during Byrne's/Migrom's short runs, where the Hulk was completely separated from Banner.

I talked to Ewing in March 20th, through twitter, and asked about this:

Me:I have a few questions: that Hulk, from Ulysses vision in CW2, is supposed to be related to the one brought back during Secret Empire, I suppose? It seems to be a mindless, pure rage, Hulk. Would he be like some mindless incarnations we had in the past (when Banner and Hulk were separated, when Banner lost control and had to be sent to the crossroads, for example. Or is he something different and much worse? To the point that he had to imprisioned in the "cave", much like Devil Hulk had.
    Thanks!!

Ewing: That "Crossroads Hulk" was shown to have some basic levels of thought going on, as early as #302 or so. A pure rage-Hulk, with zero humanity involved at all, would be closer to Byrne's no-Banner "mindless Hulk" - but maybe worse even than that.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...076816384?s=20
    Interesting answer. Is it possible, though? If it is an "alter" which clearly it is since they weren't separated as during the Byrne run and Devil Hulk talked of him as another alter to Samson. I believe he said the alter was the result of more psychological trauma in Bruce's life. This would mean Bruce is still the core and primary consciousness. Even if Rage Hulk were let out, wouldn't Bruce and all the other alters still be there in his mindscape and be trying to take back over and stick him in the "cave". Aren't all the alters representative of an aspect of Bruce's emotions or personality and doesn't his humanity exist at least a little in each one of them? The Devil Hulk has indicated that he has already locked him a way at least once to Doc Samson. Isn't the Devil Hulk just a manifestation of Bruce's ruthless qualities his fractured psyche created as an ultimate protector with no rules? Unless Bruce himself became a person of pure rage or is there a part of Bruce that is so angry at everything he just want's to burn it all down and that is the Rage Hulk? But even still with the Devil Hulk, Bruce's humanity showed a little in the speech and plea Devil Hulk made to him in Hell as it has in Joe Fixit, Savage Hulk, etc. Could it be eliminated in an alter?
    Last edited by Uggha; 05-27-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Interesting answer. Is it possible, though? If it is an "alter" which clearly it is since they weren't separated as during the Byrne run and Devil Hulk talked of him as another alter to Samson. I believe he said the alter was the result of more psychological trauma in Bruce's life. This would mean Bruce is still the core and primary consciousness. Even if Rage Hulk were let out, wouldn't Bruce and all the other alters still be there in his mindscape and be trying to take back over and stick him in the "cave". Aren't all the alters representative of an aspect of Bruce's emotions or personality and doesn't his humanity exist at least a little in each one of them? The Devil Hulk has indicated that he has already locked him a way at least once to Doc Samson. Isn't the Devil Hulk just a manifestation of Bruce's ruthless qualities his fractured psyche created as an ultimate protector with no rules? Unless Bruce himself became a person of pure rage or is there a part of Bruce that is so angry at everything he just want's to burn it all down and that is the Rage Hulk? But even still with the Devil Hulk, Bruce's humanity showed a little in the speech and plea Devil Hulk made to him in Hell as it has in Joe Fixit, Savage Hulk, etc. Could it be eliminated in an alter?
    All interesting questions! Another question is: what if there's a state where Banner wants to abandon his humanity and all that's good about him? What if there there's a combination of his rage (about everything the world has been doing to him in his life) and guilt of what he has done (remember the giant Guilt Hulk from Jenkin's run?!). What if everything together took control of Banner? Banner is as much a core persona as the other guys are. He could be ripped to shreds and imprisoned in the same place than the Mindless incarnation is now. We know what happened when he commited a "mere" psychic suicide by the end of Mantlo's run. It could be much, much worse here.

Spectacular Member

All interesting questions! Another question is: what if there's a state where Banner wants to abandon his humanity and all that's good about him? What if there there's a combination of his rage (about everything the world has been doing to him in his life) and guilt of what he has done (remember the giant Guilt Hulk from Jenkin's run?!). What if everything together took control of Banner? Banner is as much a core persona as the other guys are. He could be ripped to shreds and imprisoned in the same place than the Mindless incarnation is now. We know what happened when he commited a "mere" psychic suicide by the end of Mantlo's run. It could be much, much worse here.
    Those are definite possibilities. I hope if that story arc presents itself there is a really compelling reason. It was from the prose novel, What Savage Beast by Peter David, but Doc Samson gave a speech to Major Talbott and the military of all that Bruce had been through and despite it all Bruce Banner had never given up and was the most heroic person he ever knew. One of my favorite observations of Bruce Banner in any media form. I hope that element is always there.

Those are definite possibilities. I hope if that story arc presents itself there is a really compelling reason. It was from the prose novel, What Savage Beast by Peter David, but Doc Samson gave a speech to Major Talbott and the military of all that Bruce had been through and despite it all Bruce Banner had never given up and was the most heroic person he ever knew. One of my favorite observations of Bruce Banner in any media form. I hope that element is always there.
    In Ewing I truth!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #259
    Cover Date: May 1981
    Sale Date: February 17th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: uncredited but confirmed to be Al Milgrom
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“The Family That Dies Together!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Col. Talbot, Red Guardian, the Presence, Soviet Super Soldiers, Rick Jones
    Villain: Professor Phobos
    Synopsis: The Hulk and Ursa Major have been reverted back to their human forms by Sergei, the Presence. Before they can be killed, a mysterious stranger called Professor Phobos frees them. He is recognized by the Soviet Super Soldiers as their long-lost mentor and trainer from years ago. Banner, Phobos and the Super Soldiers discuss how they can eliminate the threat posed by the Presence and Red Guardian. During their attack, Phobos reveals his true self and intentions, none of which were ever noble. Sergei removes the mind blocks on Banner and Ursa Major, allowing them to transform once again, and the additional strength gives the Super Soldiers the edge to win the battle.

Commentary: Sal must have been under a deadline, as Al Milgrom had to help ink the second half of this issue. Not a fan of this particular issue. This was just an off-hand riff of "Professor X going bad on the X-Men" kind of story...

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Issue #18 comes out tomorrow, but Marvel Pull List showed a brief glimpse of A-bomination:

Joe draws him good.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 05-28-2019 at 02:30 PM.

I had the pleasure to see him before, but this deserves to be called an Abomination!!

God damn, I've never really loved any of the designs for Abomination before, but that is awesome.

And what's behind these horrible fingers/claws is even better!

Another outstanding issue! Not only we can finally see the Abomination, but The Harpy too!

Also spoilers:
    Banner makes his list, and He thinks the Devil Hulk should call himself the Maes...
    end of spoilers. Intriguing and unexpected!

Another outstanding issue! Not only we can finally see the Abomination, but The Harpy too!

Also spoilers:
    Banner makes his list, and He thinks the Devil Hulk should call himself the Maes...
    end of spoilers. Intriguing and unexpected!
    Lol. That did get me excited to see where this is going.

As you said, outstanding. Again.

It really is a pleasure to read this series. Two weeks till next issue. Can not wait.

This is going to make a wonderful omnibus once the run is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Lol. That did get me excited to see where this is going.

As you said, outstanding. Again.

It really is a pleasure to read this series. Two weeks till next issue. Can not wait.

This is going to make a wonderful omnibus once the run is complete.
    Oh yeah!

Btw, about the Devil Hulk and the list, I don't doubt Ewing is playing with us again; pulling the rug out from under our feet, just like He said he would several times.