Page 545 of 555 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

It looks like Kit Harington is taking the GoT finale harder than fans.

Kit Harington Has Checked Into A Wellness Retreat In The Wake Of The “Game Of Thrones” Finale

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...llness-retreat
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Dany could be revived, given several other characters have returned to life.

That said, it really makes you wonder how smart those dragons are if that's the case. I suppose melting down the thrown is a potential indicator that they have human level intelligence. That's making an awefully strong symbolic statement.
    When Bran asked about Drogon, Sam clearly said 'Volantis' just before Bronn cut him off. That to me says it's left open in case they decide to go forward with the story in a few years time. Dany getting resurrected in a Red Temple isn't far-fetched at all, I'll even say she could still be pregnant with Jon's child. A Dany/Jon child would be the central character if the series would continue post 'A Song of Ice & Fire'. King Bran with a connection to the Night King/White Walkers could be an interesting concept as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    It looks like Kit Harington is taking the GoT finale harder than fans.

Kit Harington Has Checked Into A Wellness Retreat In The Wake Of The “Game Of Thrones” Finale

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...llness-retreat
    Wow. I'd not expected that the show would impact him so severely. At the end of the day, I would think it's just another acting role, and Harington could distance himself from it. I wonder if this is due to the intensive nature of filming Thrones, or the strong fan reaction to anything related to the show, or a combination of both. At any rate, I hope Kit will be all right. He seems like a wonderful guy.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Wow. I'd not expected that the show would impact him so severely. At the end of the day, I would think it's just another acting role, and Harington could distance himself from it. I wonder if this is due to the intensive nature of filming Thrones, or the strong fan reaction to anything related to the show, or a combination of both. At any rate, I hope Kit will be all right. He seems like a wonderful guy.
    The dude literally became an overnight super star and unlike a lot of roles where you are in some chill studio in Burbank he spent most of his time filming in Iceland. He’s also very emotional and was very attached to the role. I think he’s one of the few actors who read the books

Ultimate Member

He and Emilia supposedly have read them yes. Perhaps not a coincidence that she seems not completely satisfied/happy with where things ended up either.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He and Emilia supposedly have read them yes. Perhaps not a coincidence that she seems not completely satisfied/happy with where things ended up either.
    Honestly I think if you read the books, where Dany ends up is actually LESS surprising.

Ultimate Member

We don't know that. Also The execution of it on the show was still crap. Her and Jamie probably got the worst of it in that regard (and to a somewhat lesser extent Jon). And the poor Night King, wow did they do him dirty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    We don't know that. Also The execution of it on the show was still crap. Her and Jamie probably got the worst of it in that regard (and to a somewhat lesser extent Jon). And the poor Night King, wow did they do him dirty as well.
    the only ones that won were Sansa, Tyrion and Bran and they did nothing... Arya won too, but she actually did something.

Kit already had big alcohol problems, though. Well before he saw the reaction to this season and finale. He should stay away from the internet and realize he has so much to live for already. Dude needs priorities. Plus he recently got married..

Ultimate Member

Arya if anything is getting criticized by some for winning too much. Her plot armor is so thick Thanos's Finger Snap couldn't pierce it. Plus in regards to Jon, they stole his bit payoff and gave it to her instead because, "subversion" or whatever.

Extraordinary Member

Arya isn’t training to become a super assassins for no reason in the novels lol. Also she’s GRRM’s wife’s favorite character. Just saying don’t be surprised when the books come out. If anything Faceless Men are more OP there

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

-Jon was going to follow Dany no matter what until Tyrion invoked his sisters. Dany did say that those who knew the truth would meet Varys fate.

-Jaime turned on the Mad King when his father was threatened by Aerys.

Just thought I point out that parallel. Dany was right about the death of Varys being a victory for Sansa.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-30-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the only ones that won were Sansa, Tyrion and Bran and they did nothing... Arya won too, but she actually did something.
    The biggest winner of season 8 was Bronn, avoided fighting in the Long Night, avoided dodging dragon fire in KL, had 5 mins of screen time throughout the season (mostly in a brothel)...and got Highgarden, Lord of the Reach and landed himself in the small council as Master of Coin.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-30-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Bronn as Master of Coin was a bit puzzling. His experience with financial management seems to extend no further than keeping himself in ale and whores. I doubt his crossbow will impress the Iron Bank much. And I would think with a long winter just started, famine a very likely possibility and the country shattered and de-populated by war, you would need someone in charge of the money who a) knows what he's doing and b) is not motivated entirely by self-interest. Does *anyone* suspect that Bronn will not be a corrupt official? Because he would probably be offended if you did.

Giving him Highgarden is one thing... a Lannister always pays his debts, even apparently if they're incurred at the point of a crossbow. And the people of the Reach will probably be perfectly happy with a Lord who will mostly leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Bronn as Master of Coin was a bit puzzling. His experience with financial management seems to extend no further than keeping himself in ale and whores. I doubt his crossbow will impress the Iron Bank much. And I would think with a long winter just started, famine a very likely possibility and the country shattered and de-populated by war, you would need someone in charge of the money who a) knows what he's doing and b) is not motivated entirely by self-interest. Does *anyone* suspect that Bronn will not be a corrupt official? Because he would probably be offended if you did.

Giving him Highgarden is one thing... a Lannister always pays his debts, even apparently if they're incurred at the point of a crossbow. And the people of the Reach will probably be perfectly happy with a Lord who will mostly leave them alone.
    I SORT OF buy it. He's clearly not the most qualified person for the job. But a guy in control of the richest most resourceful region of the kingdom controlling the alloation of those resources sort of makes sense. And putting him in the council means essentially having greater control of those regions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

Whoever holds Highgarden holds all the wealth in the realm. He’s effectively their banker. Also keep in mind LF was Master of Coin and he was a lower lord who owned a few brothels