Page 102 of 207 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3103

Dany didn't really go mad until after the battle of Winterfell. Before we're hirs nothing really concrete. Poor Sophie could have gotten more time for Jean if the deal wasn't done.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    That was back in April. GoT season 8 was severely criticised. Actually a lot fans had problems with the way Sansa was written (for this season). Going behind Jon's back which led to Dany's madness and then taking advantage of Jon's exile, being an ungrateful bitch etc. Personally, I don't have a problem with Sophie Turner, thought she was great as Sansa...Jean on the other hand? The previews don't really convince me, she's coming off a bit stiff in parts, but we'll wait and see.
    Sophie’s Instagram gained over 3 million followers in the past months though. So it seems that the Sansa fanbase grew.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    In Season 8, the Dany vs Sansa conflict resulted in a lot of hate towards the character and Sophie. The massive Freefolk Subreddit (over a million members, and the people behind the Season 8 petition) is entirely against Sansa for breaking her oath.

Sophie is so strongly associated with the role of Sansa and people have very strong feelings about the character and that's the exact target market for the X-Men movies.
    The viewership for Game of Thrones was estimated to be 1 billion. So those guys on reddit are less than 1% of the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure most people stopped hating Sansa after a while. The only ones who kept hating on her throughout the whole show were the incel types. Some people(including me) did think she suddenly got annoying on season 8, but most people realize it was because of the writers doing a bad job.
    Lot of people see Sansa’s desire for Northern independence was noble. Its what her brother Robb wanted, also didn’t bend the knee to Stannis. She was simply playing the game when she broke Jon’s Oath.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-28-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Stop with the GoT talk please. Completely OT.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Great journalism there.

Yes, you can always count on BC for quality reporting.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Great journalism there.
    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Yes, you can always count on BC for quality reporting.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

https://mashable.com/article/the-fem...-dark-phoenix/

Why is it that each interview makes me want to see this movie less and less?

As woman, I read this title and thought: Wonderful! They are finally giving the woman a chance to shine!

Then I read this line: "Professor Charles Xavier, one of the most beloved characters that's traditionally portrayed as holding the moral high ground in the battle of good vs. evil, is now seen reconciling with the reality of being an egotistical, power-hungry gaslighter."

<Sigh>. You don't have to destroy your male characters for your women to shine!! Goodness, Kinberg sucks!!
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 05-29-2019 at 06:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Kinberg sucks!!
    Hopefully this is the last work he ever gets.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There are already some people who supossedly saw the movie and what they are telling does not sound good.
    I hope they are trolls

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Then I read this line: "Professor Charles Xavier, one of the most beloved characters that's traditionally portrayed as holding the moral high ground in the battle of good vs. evil, is now seen reconciling with the reality of being an egotistical, power-hungry gaslighter."

<Sigh>. You don't have to destroy your male characters for your women to shine!! Goodness, Kinberg sucks!!
    I doubt it has anything to do with that. Xavier has always been kinda of a jerk in the comics and they tried to explore that in X3 but it went nowhere.

BANNED

Looked up local showtimes. Our theaters are barely playing this. It's only solidly on one screen and a few scattered shows.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Looked up local showtimes. Our theaters are barely playing this. It's only solidly on one screen and a few scattered shows.
    Check closer to release. Like weekend or next week. Right now it's all pre-ticket sales and not all theatres are participating. I checked mine and despite the Massive DP poster out front, there are no showtimes

A little more DP news about the reshoots:

http://collider.com/dark-phoenix-end...-movie/#images

I am still going to see it and decide for myself.