Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The recent X-Men monday felt very anti-Jott. It's almost as if they viewed Scott as a potential leech and obstacle for Jean's personal progression as a character. It's quite disappointing. The little hope I had was crushed...
    This is objectively false, not just a matter of opinion- what made Jean Grey popular was Claremont's portrayal of her and the Phoenix storyline. And the only reason those two happened was because , unlike the rest of the X-men that left that series after GSXM, she had to appear in the book regularly because she was Scott's girlfriend, so Claremont decided to give her a different portrayal and a cool storyline. If Jean wasn't dating him, she would just go to Limbo like Havok and Polaris, or go to Champions like Angel and Iceman and be cancelled after 20 issues or rso.

The recent X-Men monday felt very anti-Jott. It's almost as if they viewed Scott as a potential leech and obstacle for Jean's personal progression as a character. It's quite disappointing. The little hope I had was crushed...
    The irony is that now Jean is stuck with an actual leech like Bishop. A boring character that can't stand on his own, hasn't been relevant for decades and will be carried by the relationship.
    I love irony.

I don't care about who Cyclops or Jean are going to ****. Shipping is so damn overrated and a disease but pisses me that first Scott had to look like a douche to prop up Jean's nect love interest. Any trash (even psycopaths from the future) will work as long as they keep craping on Scott. It is one of reasons for what i can't undestand Cyclops fans love for Morrison, like dudes he is making your boy look like trash to make literal whos look like princes.

Fantastic Member

but the editor has mentioned that we will see a lot of drama about them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    [/U]

but the editor has mentioned that we will see a lot of drama about them.
    God, no. No more drama, it is one of the reasons some people hate them. If they aren't going to have good interactions then don't give them bad ones, we had enough of those.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-11-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    The irony is that now Jean is stuck with an actual leech like Bishop. A boring character that can't stand on his own, hasn't been relevant for decades and will be carried by the relationship.
    I love irony.

I don't care about who Cyclops or Jean are going to ****. Shipping is so damn overrated and a disease but pisses me that first Scott had to look like a douche to prop up Jean's nect love interest. Any trash (even psycopaths from the future) will work as long as they keep craping on Scott. It is one of reasons for what i can't undestand Cyclops fans love for Morrison, like dudes he is making your boy look like trash to make literal whos look like princes.
    Don't think I've ever seen a Cyclops fan speak highly of Morrison's New X-Men. Not even a recommendation. Post Morrison yeah there's a lot of love there.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    God, no. No more drama, it is one of the reasons some people hate them. If they aren't going to have good interactions then give don't them bad ones, we had enough of those.
    PZ the only real drama was a few issues of Morrison and the odd issue of Blue. I don’t consider the DPS, X-Factor or the Uncanny/X-Men issues that revolve around Jott as “drama”, at least not the bad kind. There is definitely a difference between the good stuff and the bad stuff in this regard. The bad drama resolved nothing and is written just to whet the appetites of the fans. The good drama resolves or significantly advances relationship plots one way or the other. The books I mentioned did that. It’s the other stuff we don’t want.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    I love irony.

I don't understand why people are upset about the Bishop and Jean pairing. Out of the entire event, Jean and Bishop interacted as couple in one issue. In fact, the whole of Age of X-Man event was basically conceived as a filler arc to bide time until Hickman came along, and it was even Storm who was originally conceived to be with Bishop. The pairing is not going to amount to anything after Age of X-Man is over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen a Cyclops fan speak highly of Morrison's New X-Men. Not even a recommendation. Post Morrison yeah there's a lot of love there.
    I did. Plenty of self professed Cyclops fans. As Morrison's run was going on.

I liked Morrison's run, though his Scott was extremely timid.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it was good on some parts. I liked his Jean and sometimes his Scott but it honestly should have handled better the break up. By all means if the purpose was to break them do it but it really should have been done in a better less damaging way. This ship probably wouldn't be on the sorry state it is today if that was handled better.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-11-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I did. Plenty of self professed Cyclops fans. As Morrison's run was going on.
    Really? I cant see it. The only time I go back and flip through it is for Frank Quitely's art.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Are you kidding me? Scott was the star of Morrison's run. Scott became very popular with Morrison's run.. At the time, at least the online Cyclops fans raved about Scott's characterization in New X-men. I can vouch because I posted on this board during the New X-men years.

Cyclops shined in New X-men and I recall a lot of love from Scott fans. The only people I recall that were unhappy were some of the more aggressive shipper types... Scott/Emma as a couple became very popular but it all started with New X-men.

Star of the run? That's a big reach. I'm not about to argue what someone liked 15 years ago especially when the only thing they remember from Scott in New X-Men is the affair. They could very well still like it but there are fans who also like Scott in his 90's costume. That doesn't mean they're right.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Are you kidding me? Scott was the star of Morrison's run. Scott became very popular with Morrison's run.. At the time, at least the online Cyclops fans raved about Scott's characterization in New X-men. I can vouch because I posted on this board during the New X-men years.

Cyclops shined in New X-men and I recall a lot of love from Scott fans. The only people I recall that were unhappy were some of the more aggressive shipper types... Scott/Emma as a couple became very popular but it all started with New X-men.
    I wouldn't have a negative view on the run if it wasn't for the affair. That act itself has given Scott pretty damaging baggage only comparable to the controversy with Maddy. For me it has nothing to do with shipping, but acting in a way that betrays his character. It wasn't necessary to start his relationship with Emma, and is unfortunately an incident Marvel likes to show repeatedly in current comics.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I wouldn't have a negative view on the run if it wasn't for the affair. That act itself has given Scott pretty damaging baggage only comparable to the controversy with Maddy. For me it has nothing to do with shipping, but acting in a way that betrays his character. It wasn't necessary to start his relationship with Emma, and is unfortunately an incident Marvel likes to show repeatedly in current comics.
    That's how they do. The affair doesn't make Scott or Emma look good, and imo I could never support that ship given how it got started. But it's one of the ships the X-Office has decided is the be & end all.

Same with KittyLossus. I doesn't seem the pairing is as beloved as they'dlike it to be. Yet since Gold, it just keeps coming up. Despite the fact they already cancelled that wedding & replaced it with Rogue x Gambit due to fans' lack of care about it. lol

Creed x Mystique is another pairing they are determined to keep bringing up, Them being a couple adds nothing positive or noteworthy to either. In fact the ship is damaging to BOTH characters. Someone at the X-Office has a hard-on for it. But nobody puts any effort into making it entertaining or developing it in a way that makes sense that could be cared about. Mystique had that with Destiny. Creed had that with everyone else. lol Stop forcing this bland mess on the characters' fans.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-11-2019 at 08:06 PM.