Page 159 of 207 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It doesn't work. it is even worse than DPS tha tthe problem is build up. Go with the all straight white Whedon team LOL Nobody cares about these characters
    They don't need built up they just need personalities. There's a reason why mystique Xavier and Magneto and wolverine are front and centre and it's because not everyone wants to watch 5 care bears.
    The Avengers have bickering. The xmen have that with the Astonishing team. Not everything has to be an end of world scenario like the dps. The astonishing team have the tone to do both. They're versatile.
    Gotg was set up in one movie

While the fox X-Men try to hard to be taken seriously the Avengers movies have self awareness and know that they just need to make something entertaining while staying true to the source material. And that approach seems more acceptable. Same for deadpool it's the opposite of every fox movie
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-15-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They don't need built up they just need personalities. There's a reason why mystique Xavier and Magneto and wolverine are front and centre and it's because not everyone wants to watch 5 care bears.
    The Avengers have bickering. The xmen have that with the Astonishing team. Not everything has to be an end of world scenario like the dps. The astonishing team have the tone to do both. They're versatile.
    Gotg was set up in one movie
    That doesn't work because these characters never interacted before and it won't happen because MCU is rebooting

That doesn't work because these characters never interacted before and it won't happen because MCU is rebooting
    Marvel has a 4th phase and deadpool. None of the characters have interacted before until they do. And the Astonishing team and Avengers have interacted several times in the comics with caustic results

Gotg and Thor are one example

Astonishing X-Men is a retrospective love letter to Claremont's X-Men written in Whedonese, with a few imports from Morrisonville. It is a horrible basis for an originating X-film in the MCU. It's like making a copy of a copy of a copy your debut piece. Derivative. Uninspired. Trite. What is that run other than a showcase for Cassady's art and Whedon's 'dialog'? Whisker alien prophesies? Kitty and Piotr soap opera? Or did you really want to see Beast eat Wolverine as he makes paper dolls and decries the 'blue moose'? For goddess's sake, we already had X3's Kavita Rao. Leave the rest buried.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Marvel has a 4th phase and deadpool. None of the characters have interacted before until they do. And the Astonishing team and Avengers have interacted several times in the comics with caustic results

Gotg and Thor are one example
    It i sonly Deadpool, tha tis his own contained universe;

Astonishing X-men Whedon team won't ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Astonishing X-Men is a retrospective love letter to Claremont's X-Men written in Whedonese, with a few imports from Morrisonville. It is a horrible basis for an originating X-film in the MCU. It's like making a copy of a copy of a copy your debut piece. Derivative. Uninspired. Trite. What is that run other than a showcase for Cassady's art and Whedon's 'dialog'? Whisker alien prophesies? Kitty and Piotr soap opera? Or did you really want to see Beast eat Wolverine as he makes paper dolls and decries the 'blue moose'? For goddess's sake, we already had X3's Kavita Rao. Leave the rest buried.
    This. It's derivative and unispiring run

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Mystique is front and center because of J-Law. But AXM with Storm (Whedon's original lineup) isn't bad, the problem is starting with them.

It i sonly Deadpool, tha tis his own contained universe;

They let Whedon direct the first Avengers movie. He managed to integrate the franchises and set up the last few movies

Deadpool will be joining the mcu

From your lips to the Goddess's ears! ŕṣẹ ŕṣẹ!

Actually wolverine reduced to a child for a movie makes perfect sense. It ensures he is not overexposed but it shows us wolverine in a mentoring role with hisako. That is an excellent argument for astonishing

They let Whedon direct the first Avengers movie. He managed to integrate the franchises and set up the last few movies

Deadpool will be joining the mcu
    Whedon won't work on Marvel anymore. Before Avengers at least 3 movies were released.

Whedon won't work on Marvel anymore. Before Avengers at least 3 movies were released.
    If given the opportunity to adapt his own work he might. And he integrated the franchises that were set up. The set up for the X-Men is not going to occur within several solo movies regardless of what team so that point is moot additionally most of the interesting X-Men stories occur when they're not tweens. So no to the O5. Which marvel are happy to disregard as they substituted wasp and antman for black widow and Hawkeye
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-15-2019 at 05:21 PM.

What is that run other than a showcase for Cassady's art and Whedon's 'dialog'?
    LOL Thank you! I try to be sympathetic to those that find Astonishing an iconic run of X-Men, but none of it makes sense as a cohesive epic. I can wax poetic on Morrison stuff, but I'm also not asking for Morrison runs on film. Elements of Morrison, sure, but that's debatable.

If given the opportunity to adapt his own work he might. And he integrated the franchises that were set up. The set up for the X-Men is not going to occur within several solo movies regardless of what team so that point is moot additionally most of the interesting X-Men stories occur when they're not tweens. So no to the O5. Which marvel are happy to disregard as they substituted wasp and antman for black widow and Hawkeye
    After the revelations of his wife and his faux feminism. Marvel on't hire him. they can get better talent on really cheap money.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    LOL Thank you! I try to be sympathetic to those that find Astonishing an iconic run of X-Men, but none of it makes sense as a cohesive epic. I can wax poetic on Morrison stuff, but I'm also not asking for Morrison runs on film. Elements of Morrison, sure, but that's debatable.
    Astonishing is its own thing. pure fanboysm, X-men movies need much more than it

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I detest Whedon's Astonishing(I don't like his Buffy, or Avengers, either). Highly overrated among the fandom. Morrison's run is the second most important after Lord Claremont's. I think it should be adapted, but only towards the end of the MCU X-Men run. I would start from circa Giant Sized, move through the Claremont stuff(with augmentation from Disney+ seasons to really get into the characters), do the post-Claremont 90's stuff in big giant steps(which is to say, only a bit of the Legacy Virus and Operation Zero Tolerance, maaaaaaybe a severe reworking of Onslaught and the Twelve), and then in year 12/13 of the MCU X-Men, when the characters have aged up to their early/mid 30's(after starting with them college aged), start the deconstruction with E is for Extinction, etc.

You have to do this stuff in order, though, at least essentially, for it to work. Use the canon(unlike Fox) as the guide, and it will take you far!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

What's with such the negative view on Whedon's run? His characterizations of the characters would fit well into the MCU.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia