Page 217 of 662 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice find! I love that costume!
    you're welcome. I thought tyr picture was so gorgeous.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'd like to see Ororo on an alien planet full of recurring storms (e.g., Jupiter's red spot), and she is the only person with the natural power to control them (the elite rulers use machines to manage them), and she manages to rescue some oppressed people.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She is colored the same tone as T'Challa, Luke Cage, and Misty Knight.

especially back then-- coloring technology for comics was much cruder/simpler, and the colorists-- by and large-- were Caucasian, and had no cultural frame of reference for anything beyond "standard brown" (or whatever it was officially called then). If Jayne Kennedy were depicted back then, she'd look the same. Lena Horne "might" have gotten the orange treatment (e.g., Shang Chi), or she could have been "standard brown" too. In any case, the preponderance of "clearly brown/darker" folks back then in comics weren't really any kind of "wokeness" on the part of the professional contributors. With contemporary coloring technology, you can have many shades that those of us who come from African American families and social circles are familiar with. But again, it depends on the whims of the person with the computer crayons and his or her editor(s). Unless Wikileaks turns its attention to Marvel and DC, we'll never know if there are any electronic communications between people saying things like "maybe she should be lighter, think Paula Patton"-- hopefully not-- but in any case, each successive issue published is an opportunity to be better.

BANNED

Do Storm and Monet ever talk to each other...I don't recall any meaningful conversation even going back to the Phalanx debut.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Do Storm and Monet ever talk to each other...I don't recall any meaningful conversation even going back to the Phalanx debut.
    They were on Woods' all female X-team a few years back. I don't recall any heart to hearts but they definitely spoke to each other.

changed quite a bit and still a ways to go. Attachment 84186
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see Ororo on an alien planet full of recurring storms (e.g., Jupiter's red spot), and she is the only person with the natural power to control them (the elite rulers use machines to manage them), and she manages to rescue some oppressed people.
    Wasn't that the exact plot from her two-parter Storm Front in TAS?

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

No, not really. They've been on panel together a few times, but not in the ways I would call meaningful. It is too bad. Under the right writer, they could be a very interesting pair together.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    changed quite a bit and still a ways to go. Attachment 84186
    Nice work. Well done!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Nice work. Well done!
    Thanks appreciate it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks appreciate it.
    Who is that all the way to the right, by Nezhno and Nightcrawler? Is that Bishop?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

What did you all think of Storm's "son" Mjnari from X-men:TAS?

I ALWAYS liked Mjnari. I thought he was a cool character with a cool power-set: super-speed + the ability to see dimensional rifts. I liked his relationship to Storm as her "son" since it added to her character history rather than complicate it. I would love to see him introduced in some fashion into the 616-verse and be a supporting character to Storm and her history/mythos.

Spyke on the other hand should've just been his own character unrelated to Storm. Him being her nephew didn't make sense to me: where did Storm's sister come from and where was she when Storm was in Africa? Their relationship was always felt weak and underdeveloped. I feel like he should have been introduced as his own character completely separate from Storm. The only non-white X-teen on the team and during his first appearance he gets arrested buy the police/sent to jail (ugh!) and then later on in the show he becomes the"ugly" mutant (ugh again!).

I don't hate Spyke but I don't like him being related to Storm. As a character created on the show first, it's a shame he never became as popular as X-23.
    Last edited by nj06; 07-07-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Mighty Member

Spyke on the other hand should've just been his own character unrelated to Storm. Him being her nephew didn't make sense to me: where did Storm's sister come from and where was she when Storm was in Africa? Their relationship was always felt weak and underdeveloped. I feel like he should have been introduced as his own character completely separate from Storm. The only non-white X-teen on the team and during his first appearance he gets arrested buy the police/sent to jail (ugh!) and then later on in the show he becomes the"ugly" mutant (ugh again!).

I don't hate Spyke but I don't like him being related to Storm. As a character created on the show first, it's a shame he never became as popular as X-23.
    I always hated the character and thought it was sad that they had to make one to get the poc tv quota.. Until we got Jubliee , Sunspot, and Magma, things were very very white.. I often wondered if they could not have used Synch instead of Spyke ... I loved Dana one little episode but thought both her and Karma deserved better.. I often wondered how folks felt about Magma being a poc in this..I loved it and it made way more sense ..

Monet doesnt seem to like her which I found rather disappointing