Page 285 of 626 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This 3d model looks so good.
    ___765tr8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    “Emma knows Jean is a FORCE OF NATURE Jean knows Emma is powerful.”

Fixed that for you since we all know who the real powerhouse is. BTW- no one challenges Jean with her (as originally intended) Phoenix mutation. Cuz that’s what it is. Retcons be damned. Emma only held a fifth of that power and suffered no trauma other than being the usual b!tch that she is.
    That's because Jean with Phoenix literally ends every story before it starts. Emma is weaker than Jean as Phoenix. So are all but 15 other beings in the 616, all of which are gods or close to them. Jean curb stomps every single other hero and villain combined, outside reality warpers like Franklin or Jim Jaspers.

But no, by all means, take a post meant to share some camaraderie and use it to slam another character pointlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    That artist needs to read up on how breasts work.

Honestly that doesn't look like anything Jean would choose to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That artist needs to read up on how breasts work.

Honestly that doesn't look like anything Jean would choose to wear.
    Please, who among us wouldn't wear leggings that give your pubes wings?

(Twice.)

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    “Emma knows Jean is a FORCE OF NATURE Jean knows Emma is powerful.”

Fixed that for you since we all know who the real powerhouse is. BTW- no one challenges Jean with her (as originally intended) Phoenix mutation. Cuz that’s what it is. Retcons be damned. Emma only held a fifth of that power and suffered no trauma other than being the usual b!tch that she is.
    I used that language on purpose. Jean described Emma as a force of nature in the Jean Grey solo. It was when Jean (as a ghost) possessed Emma in front of teen Jean.

I never know if it is ok to post back to back but I do it occasionally. I'm reading the Imperial arc and it is a clear example of Jean and Emma interacting in a positive manner. They do make a good pair and they work well together. I wish some fans could see beyond their own bias and realize these are great characters who can add to each other. Their interaction is always great.

I hope both are showcased well in the Hickman era and I have a feeling they will. I don't think we have much to worry about to be honest. I think Scott will be handled extremely well. Only a couple weeks and we'll see Jean in House of X. I wonder if she will have a big moment there (I'm thinking not) but I think she will have a presence throughout the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I never know if it is ok to post back to back but I do it occasionally. I'm reading the Imperial arc and it is a clear example of Jean and Emma interacting in a positive manner. They do make a good pair and they work well together. I wish some fans could see beyond their own bias and realize these are great characters who can add to each other. Their interaction is always great.

I hope both are showcased well in the Hickman era and I have a feeling they will. I don't think we have much to worry about to be honest. I think Scott will be handled extremely well. Only a couple weeks and we'll see Jean in House of X. I wonder if she will have a big moment there (I'm thinking not) but I think she will have a presence throughout the mini.
    I post back to back a lot because multi quoting can be a nightmare sometimes on a tiny phone screen. Not ideal but meh.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I used that language on purpose. Jean described Emma as a force of nature in the Jean Grey solo. It was when Jean (as a ghost) possessed Emma in front of teen Jean.
    of course, it was written by a Emma fan boy. I liked the Jeen solo until Emma showed up and Hopeless started staning her instead of writing the solo well

The character screwed up Jean, how it is bias?

You like Morrison run, I don't. Emma and Jean interacting was really boring. It's not bias, not everyone like the same things.

I like a lot Jean interacting with Psylock on uncanny dissassmbled. Jean also has great friendships with Lorn and Ororo
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-14-2019 at 10:49 AM.

I am talking about Jean and her relationships to other characters. You are not a moderator. I have done nothing against the rules, or the rules of this thread?

I have no idea why some have such over exaggerated reactions to certain topics. It is mind boggling.

I am re-reading important parts of Jean's history currently and come to this thread to discuss it like I've done for years... more years than I care to admit.

Like it or not but characters like Xavier, Scott, and Frost play important roles in the character of Jean Grey. They should be open to discussion in relation to Jean Grey (her history, her relation to others on the team, how she was trained, who she loves, etc). Why close the discussion because a few people have emotional outbursts due to irrational hatred of certain characters? It is overdone and tedious.

At any rate, I'm now re-reading New X-men 128 to 130. It is one of my fav Jean related issues. Her and Xavier were great there. Morrison wrote telepaths as something sort of scary and secretive. They had a creepy feel and I loved it.
    You're fine, you did nothing wrong. Thank you for trying to have a sensible conversation.

Incredible Member

Why couldn't we love both characters?
    I, for one love both. Because they are both develloped, nuanced and empowered female characters.
    Let's treat them as such and I think their relationship should evolve into something more nuanced than this good girl/bad girl cliché some people would like them repeating forever.

Allow me to derail this thread debate real quick—I got Jean Grey to Tier 3 in Future Fight today

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Why couldn't we love both characters?
    I, for one love both. Because they are both develloped, nuanced and empowered female characters.
    Let's treat them as such and I think their relationship should evolve into something more nuanced than this good girl/bad girl cliché some people would like them repeating forever.
    No one has to love both. I think it's totally normal to dislike a character that is usually antagonistic to your fave. The problem is that those two(three?) get completely crazy everytime Emma's name is mentioned(and sometimes even when it isn't). It's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Allow me to derail this thread debate real quick—I got Jean Grey to Tier 3 in Future Fight today
    Lol I was supposed to be farming CCF for that but I'm just so bored of MFF... I bought the Jean/Storm/Psylocke uniforms then barely logged in after that...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No one has to love both. I think it's totally normal to dislike a character that is usually antagonistic to your fave. The problem is that those two(three?) get completely crazy everytime Emma's name is mentioned(and sometimes even when it isn't). It's just ridiculous.

Lol I was supposed to be farming CCF for that but I'm just so bored of MFF... I bought the Jean/Storm/Psylocke uniforms then barely logged in after that...
    I don't say everyone should love both, no one should be obliged to love a character! But for somes, it seems you have to choose between jean and Emma, no one should have to choose a side. I find this idea rather scary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Damn, I didn't think someone would come flex their Jean on us LOL But congratulations, seriously! I might be able to say the same by the end of the month, hopefully.

I just finished her gears today, RNG has been harsh on me. Now back to the farming days, still 200 CCF to go. Here's hoping the cube drop rate helps. I have zero of all the other Tier 3 materials, sadly. Next days will be just farming for her and Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    You're fine, you did nothing wrong. Thank you for trying to have a sensible conversation.
    I was beginning to wonder if I had slipped into some bizarro world.

I definitely do not think we need to cower to the shipper fans who are trying to control how we talk about our fav character, Jean Grey. I see another thread was created to attempt such thing, but I am going to continue to discuss Jean Grey here and her many relationships which include Xavier, Scott, Emma, and others. I will not be deterred until a moderator tells me otherwise.

We should not be afraid of discussion but should embrace it. Jean doesn't shut down dialogue (I was just reading her press conference in New X-men).