Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Have they explained why Stark didn't use Edith during End Game? Because now that I think about it, having hundreds of drones whittling down Thanos' forces would have been pretty helpful. Until Captain Marvel showed up, Thanos had complete air superiority.
    Didn't have the glasses and/or a way to contact the EDITH? Remember, Thanos's attack was a surprise one and no one had time to prepare for it. They were lucky they had their basic gear on them period.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Didn't have the glasses and/or a way to contact the EDITH? Remember, Thanos's attack was a surprise one and no one had time to prepare for it. They were lucky they had their basic gear on them period.
    Tony had Friday with him, and Thanos let them recover after the attack. I mean, Rhodey found an extra armor with little issue...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Instead of Oscorp we get Alchemax. I can do with MCU Spidey being Goblin free personally.
    Alchemax could work as a link to or foreshadowing for 2099, especially since when Alchemax was introduced in the present-day Spider-Man comics, it was as a merger of Oscorp's holdings with Liz Allan's Allan Chemical and Horizon Labs.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I dont think he needed the glasses. That seems like it would have been a major oversight on Tony's part to not have it programmed into his armor

Do we even know if that Droned out Satelite was complete yet. The name suggests he came up with it before he went on the time heist and knew death was a serious option. This coulda been something he worked up but Stark industries didnt get it completed and launched till after his death. The lady on the inside knew about EDiTH being given to a kid so Stark Industries were involved it wasnt contained to Tony. Also weird he gave it to Fury to give to Peter instead of Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Tony had Friday with him, and Thanos let them recover after the attack. I mean, Rhodey found an extra armor with little issue...
    Not much time and if the glasses weren't at Avengers HQ, not sure he could've gotten them in time.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Actually I think that Flash is going to be the Harry Osborn character and his mother will be the head of an Oscorp type organisation leading to a female Goblin, they were dropping little hints about his mother in the movie as being uncaring of his welfare and being rich. You heard it here first
    Not bad. What if they make Flash's mother, oh, Carolyn Thompson (née Carolyn Trainer) and she has the tech to become Lady Octopus, and Flash steals some of the tech to make himself Hobgoblin?

Toomes is basically Osborne in all but name, I can see Carolyn figuring out a way to spring him and empower him and other badies so we'd get a Sinister Six movie, with Spidey's only help being HobGoblin (Flash).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Not bad. What if they make Flash's mother, oh, Carolyn Thompson (née Carolyn Trainer) and she has the tech to become Lady Octopus, and Flash steals some of the tech to make himself Hobgoblin?

Toomes is basically Osborne in all but name, I can see Carolyn figuring out a way to spring him and empower him and other badies so we'd get a Sinister Six movie, with Spidey's only help being HobGoblin (Flash).
    How is Toomes like Osborn?

Wouldnt mind the lady octopus part

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How is Toomes like Osborn?
    Mannerisms style and frankly personality. His origin is different (tied to Stark) but nevertheless he felt like a better realized Osborne to me.

Wouldnt mind the lady octopus part
    I didn't think of it till tv terror said something, but he/she may be on to something. I don't think her absence was a coincidence, and well what has she been doing in the 5 years that her son "blipped" (not even sure I'm using that right I hate the term).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Mannerisms style and frankly personality. His origin is different (tied to Stark) but nevertheless he felt like a better realized Osborne to me.

I didn't think of it till tv terror said something, but he/she may be on to something. I don't think her absence was a coincidence, and well what has she been doing in the 5 years that her son "blipped" (not even sure I'm using that right I hate the term).
    Its possible but most likely it was just small character detail to explain why flash is such a bully and a dick. But could be and even if it's not they're original intention they could now take it there and it wouldnt seem out of left field.

See I didnt see the Osborne connection. I mean looks wise he coulda been a solid stormin norman. But he was more of a salt of the earth everyday man who's ruthless and willing to go to extremes for his family. I didn't see anything Smug, self serving or refined about him. I mean nevermind he coulda told his family the truth and they could moved into a cheaper house . So a little self serving but nothing compared to Norman. Also he was way too sympathetic for Osborne imo. I dont want my Norman Osborne to be sympathetic. I know Raimi was obsessed with making every villian super sypathetic but some villians are just assholes. I'm sure in the comics Norman cared about Harry to some degree but I always saw it as more self intrest. Also saw him as a character with no redeeming attributes.The Goblin Formula just made him outright psychotic. Anyway yea didnt really see Osborne in him, except for the cold demeanor he had at times. Like when he threatens Peter in the car.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Its possible but most likely it was just small character detail to explain why flash is such a bully and a dick. But could be and even if it's not they're original intention they could now take it there and it wouldnt seem out of left field.

See I didnt see the Osborne connection. I mean looks wise he coulda been a solid stormin norman. But he was more of a salt of the earth everyday man who's ruthless and willing to go to extremes for his family. I didn't see anything Smug, self serving or refined about him. I mean nevermind he coulda told his family the truth and they could moved into a cheaper house . So a little self serving but nothing compared to Norman. Also he was way too sympathetic for Osborne imo. I dont want my Norman Osborne to be sympathetic. I know Raimi was obsessed with making every villian super sypathetic but some villians are just assholes. I'm sure in the comics Norman cared about Harry to some degree but I always saw it as more self intrest. Also saw him as a character with no redeeming attributes.The Goblin Formula just made him outright psychotic. Anyway yea didnt really see Osborne in him, except for the cold demeanor he had at times. Like when he threatens Peter in the car.
    Raimi's take on Norman was pretty close to Stan Lee's. He was cold, ambitious, and capable of criminal acts before the Goblin formula drove him insane, but he still has moments of lucidity where he genuinely cares for Harry, in his own warped way.

Ock was the biggest departure. Sandman reformed in the late 80s and became a hero for a while, and he had an elderly mother who didn't know he was a criminal in the comics, because the doctors didn't want to put stress on her. So the concept wasn't too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Raimi's take on Norman was pretty close to Stan Lee's. He was cold, ambitious, and capable of criminal acts before the Goblin formula drove him insane, but he still has moments of lucidity where he genuinely cares for Harry, in his own warped way.

Ock was the biggest departure. Sandman reformed in the late 80s and became a hero for a while, and he had an elderly mother who didn't know he was a criminal in the comics, because the doctors didn't want to put stress on her. So the concept wasn't too far off.
    They made Norman a character who was desperately fighting his worst impulses. He even loved Peter like a son, but yea he was still a bad dad but he was trying. Comics Norman only cared about Harry in terms of him being his heir and his legacy. Completely self serving, characters change through the year so I'm sure they're are patches where he was more sympathetic. But yea I never saw him as a guy with a single redeeming quality. I mean I see Norman as less redeeming then Lex Luthor or Doom Doom alot. But yea after Raimi The amazing Spiderman movies and then Homecoming kept the tradition of Sympathetic villians. Mysterio was the first main bad guy to be a scum bag. But Lizard,Electro, and Vulture were all very sympathetic, so iono why I singled out Raimi.

So rumor going around now because Boss Logic heard it from a source and made a mock up is that Kraven isn't gonna be Russian. Hes gonna be from an Exiled tribe of Wakanda. I highly doubt this rumor but I would be cool with it. Kraven Russian heritage isnt something I get stuck on. And having him appear in some small capacity in Black Panther 2 before taking a big role in Spiderman 3 would be cool. Wonder if that's what Coogler wanted to do with him in BP originaly or if they wanted to keep him a "Colonizer".

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I thought Raimi Norman was "just" a cold, neglectful father before the experiment. Didn't seem to be anything like in the comics where he was a criminal as well.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I thought Raimi Norman was "just" a cold, neglectful father before the experiment. Didn't seem to be anything like in the comics where he was a criminal as well.
    He was not cold or neglectful. The talk he had with Harry at the beginning was touching. Norman was a demanding father who felt his son was not reaching his potential. This is seen when he is very impressed with Peter on first meeting. this is before the goblin experiment. What Raimi did was make the characters complex like the comics. In that scene you see mary jane too as the popular girl from peter's point but also as the insecured girl with doubt from her point. The characters in the Raimi movies emote different temperaments. What troubles me about Holland's Spiderman is everything feels too Disney high school.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-18-2019 at 11:27 PM.

The more I think about this movie the more disappointed I am in it in how it glossed over so much potential to show how the world reacted to the Snap and then the return. When it was brought up it was mostly as a joke and missed some major chances for drama or just a peek at what it would be like.

For instance, instead of having everyone Peter knows blip out (which is mathematically next to impossible) how about having Aunt May not have blipped. There could have been a great moment for some actual drama to show how how someone grieved and then had to adjust to that person being back five years later. Instead we got a joke about May blipping back into her old apartment and the woman there thinking she was a mistress.

How about at least one of Peter's friends not blipping and now being 5 years older than the rest and how difficult is is to reconnect after you've grown up and they haven't.

How about instead of a throwaway joke from the teacher about his wife faking her death to cheat on him have him have blipped out only to come back and find she had moved on and was now remarried.

So much potential for interesting stories that were all just thrown away as jokes.

This was already my least favorite Spidey movie and its only becoming more so. I liked how Mysterio was handled but the rest is just a cast I don't like (I hate teen Spidey and the reimagined versions of his friends) and missed opportunity.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 07-19-2019 at 07:02 AM.