Page 143 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

hey look, hal's in here.

wonder what this is.
    Remember that teased new Raven costume that never happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember that teased new Raven costume that never happened?
    Remember the first version of this cover had a somewhat decent new Robin costume for Dick.

After seeing the new Top Gun trailer I couldn't stop thinking about how these movies would've been a perfect starting point for live-action Hal.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Would have been cool if WB made a Top Gun movie starring Hal/Highball without any mention of Green Lantern.

And only in the sequel does Abin Sur appear.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Double post

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Y'know, I never really thought about how both GL and Flash have iconic ring elements .

I wonder if they might retcon it at some point that Barry came up with the Flash Ring after seeing Hal's GL ring.

Always happy to see Hal so prominently showcased in the DC intro.

Last edited by Johnny; 07-22-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Y'know, I never really thought about how both GL and Flash have iconic ring elements .

I wonder if they might retcon it at some point that Barry came up with the Flash Ring after seeing Hal's GL ring.
    The Flash ring is a pretty cool gimmick. They used to show it all the time in the Silver and Bronze age. Really cool seeing it pop out. Like when Clark Kent opens his shirt to reveal the S beneath.

Too bad it's just another thing that they don't do these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Always happy to see Hal so prominently showcased in the DC intro.

Goes to show they haven't forgotten him .

Am I the only one who finds it jarring when Cyborg shows up in the intro now?
    The Flash ring is a pretty cool gimmick. They used to show it all the time in the Silver and Bronze age. Really cool seeing it pop out. Like when Clark Kent opens his shirt to reveal the S beneath.

Too bad it's just another thing that they don't do these days.
    I think Williamson's used it a few time in his run.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks pretty good.

From the trailer. Cites all the amazing things he has done.
    "Yet you can't get a promotion. You wont retire and despite your best efforts you refuse to die"

Yep. Sounds like Hal Jordan all right.
    Absolutely. Best line from the trailer bar none!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope they get Kilmer back as fat Iceman.
    Perhaps he went on a crash diet at Weight Watchers. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Am I the only one who finds it jarring when Cyborg shows up in the intro now?
    Considering how omnipresent Cyborg is within the DCU, it makes sense. He literally appears more often than even Superman in outside media these days thanks to his prominent roles in Teen Titans Go, Justice League, & Doom Patrol. Meanwhile, it appears Green Lantern and Aquaman have swapped roles within the popular culture. For decades, Aquaman was the butt of jokes. Unfortunately, no it seems to be GL's turn.

Hopefully, that'll change soon. Morrison & Sharp's book is a big part of that. Morrison tends to reach a far wider and more diverse audience than the typical superhero fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Considering how omnipresent Cyborg is within the DCU, it makes sense. He literally appears more often than even Superman in outside media these days thanks to his prominent roles in Teen Titans Go, Justice League, & Doom Patrol. Meanwhile, it appears Green Lantern and Aquaman have swapped roles within the popular culture. For decades, Aquaman was the butt of jokes. Unfortunately, no it seems to be GL's turn.

Hopefully, that'll change soon. Morrison & Sharp's book is a big part of that. Morrison tends to reach a far wider and more diverse audience than the typical superhero fare.
    I mean, I get that, but he still doesn't feel like a tentpole that would warrant appearing with all the DC "Big Guns."

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I wouldn't go that far. With Aquaman it was a thing for decades, with GL it's Reynolds' dumb shenanigans and the Lego Movie. Granted DC isn't doing GL any favors when they allow filmmakers or cartoon showrunners to portray the character that way, but I really don't think it's Aquaman-level bad. There have been tons of bad comic book movies over the years and noone sees, let's say, the Fantastic Four as a laughing stock because of that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-22-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. With Aquaman it was a thing for decades, with GL it's Reynolds' dumb shenanigans and the Lego Movie. Granted DC isn't doing GL any favors when they allow filmmakers or cartoon showrunners to portray the character that way, but I really don't think it's Aquaman-level bad. There have been tons of bad comic book movies over the years and noone sees, let's say, the Fantastic Four as a laughing stock because of that.
    If the GLC movie is good, GLs will be the next big thing from DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

THE GREEN LANTERN #12
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    The Green Lanterns will fall! Insidious plans meticulously set in motion since
    issue #1 have reached their boiling point. As defeat looms for the Corps, Hal
    Jordan’s showdown with his monstrous antimatter counterpart sets the stage for the final pages of this issue—and the moment that will echo throughout the entire DC Universe! How bad is it for Hal and the Corps? There’s no GREEN LANTERN #13 next month…but writer Grant Morrison is crafting the next chapter of this story, and it’s coming soon! Only there’s no “Green Lantern” in the title. After the events of this issue, how could there be?
    ON SALE 10.02.19
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES