Page 422 of 744 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 11160

Just saying...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I would say Kang Dynasty is the best Kang story. This story shows that Kang is an MCU Thanos level threat (some might argue greater than Thanos). It's ranked as top 10 Avengers stories. I also like Avengers #8 Vol 1 by Lee & Kirby. He takes on all the Avengers by himself and the story gives Kang some pretty good feats. Avengers Forever gives you a good history on Kang. I put Kang in my top 5 villains list after reading Kang Dynasty. Panther is briefly mentioned in the storyline.
    Yeah, I definately think you can make the arguement that either Ultron or Kang are historically the Avengers greatest foes. Because of the movies, Thanos probably has to be thrown in the mix but in the comics at least he's one of their biggest most re-occuring threats.

And yes, most of the BIG Avenger writers (Englehart, Stern, Harras, Busiek) all have big Kang stories.

I think part of the reason he doesn't face individual Avengers that often is because he's one of the few villains who can be viewed as an Avenger level threat on their own. When he shows up, it usually takes more than just one. That said, BP is definately one of the Avengers that can do a solo Kang story. Hopefully we see one down the line.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I definately think you can make the arguement that either Ultron or Kang are historically the Avengers greatest foes. Because of the movies, Thanos probably has to be thrown in the mix but in the comics at least he's one of their biggest most re-occuring threats.

And yes, most of the BIG Avenger writers (Englehart, Stern, Harras, Busiek) all have big Kang stories.

I think part of the reason he doesn't face individual Avengers that often is because he's one of the few villains who can be viewed as an Avenger level threat on their own. When he shows up, it usually takes more than just one. That said, BP is definately one of the Avengers that can do a solo Kang story. Hopefully we see one down the line.
    Yes, I personally feel that Kang & Ultron are the avengers greatest threats. It's Busiek's fault lol. I've never come across a good Thanos story to think otherwise. Ultron Unlimited & The Kang Dynasty solidified Ultron and Kang for me as the greatest threats to the Avengers. Hell, either one of them could give Superman, and probably the entire Justice League a run for their money.

They would both be good antagonists for BP and Wakanda in the hands of a good writer.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 07-24-2019 at 02:02 PM.

I know this might not happen but I would like to see BPS face off the masters of evil with a BP villain among the mix whether it's in the comics or live action. Showcasing how T'Challa is able to tackle multiple villains should be interesting. Like Spidey against the sinister six

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #2
    JIM ZUB (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by DAVID LOPEZ
    Variant Cover by Chris Sprouse
    GAME VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    T’Challa and his agents have uncovered the source of dark energy emanating from a small town in Oklahoma. Is it a super villain…or a savior?
    Reality-spanning espionage, defense and black ops, all backed by Vibranium-laced technology and the will to use it. The Agents of Wakanda are our first line of defense in a world under siege from all sides.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #17
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A) • COVER BY Daniel Acuña

THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA - TWO THOUSAND SEASONS part 5
    THE RETURN OF KILLMONGER!
    The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda has come to Earth! And that’s not all. Someone has dug up the body of Eric Killmonger — and it’s about to fall into the hands of an angry god. It’s the end of an arc — and the end of an era for the Black Panther!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-24-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I know this might not happen but I would like to see BPS face off the masters of evil with a BP villain among the mix whether it's in the comics or live action. Showcasing how T'Challa is able to tackle multiple villains should be interesting. Like Spidey against the sinister six
    It COULD happen in the movies. Baron Zemo at this point is just as much a BP rogue as he is to BUcky and Falcon. It would just be a question of pulling together enough villains to form a descent Masters of Evil.

All of T'Challa's technically died in the first movie, but either could honestly be brought back if they really wanted to.

Looks like the empire stuff will still be going on with the real Killmonger eventually getting involved

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    T’Challa and his agents have uncovered the source of dark energy emanating from a small town in Oklahoma. Is it a super villain…or a savior?
    Reality-spanning espionage, defense and black ops, all backed by Vibranium-laced technology and the will to use it. The Agents of Wakanda are our first line of defense in a world under siege from all sides.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #17

The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda has come to Earth! And that’s not all. Someone has dug up the body of Eric Killmonger — and it’s about to fall into the hands of an angry god. It’s the end of an arc — and the end of an era for the Black Panther!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Well, it's about time someone dug up Killmonger. He needed to return. Hopefully he ends up with the symbiote, because he frankly needs the upgrade.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Well, it's about time someone dug up Killmonger. He needed to return. Hopefully he ends up with the symbiote, because he frankly needs the upgrade.
    I’d much rather BP writers be creative and develop a power up for T’Challas chief villain that originates in the myths. It’s not like there aren’t gods he can become the avatar of or ancient alchemical powers he can unlock. In fact we might be getting the former based off that info. On another note, that solicit sounds like the end of a season or potentially Coates’ run lol.

Don't mind this post lol.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 07-24-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’d much rather BP writers be creative and develop a power up for T’Challas chief villain that originates in the myths. It’s not like there aren’t gods he can become the avatar of or ancient alchemical powers he can unlock. In fact we might be getting the former based off that info. On another note, that solicit sounds like the end of a season or potentially Coates’ run lol.
    We'll see. Egyptian gods tend to be rather stingy when powering up their avatars... Black Panther and Moon Knight (two of the more well known avatars) aren't exactly power houses. T'Challa is of course very very dangerous, but that's more because of his own skill and intelligence than the actual powers he's getting from Bast. Maybe the villainouse gods will be more liberal in their power ups. Like I said, Killmonger needs it. He'll never be able to compete with T'CHalla in any sort of tech upgrade since he doesn't have the intelligence or the resources, so a mystical upgrade would likely have to be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I've been ringing this bell for years.

Have we ever seen T'Challa in a melee' type brawl?

Maybe vs the X-Men back awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

• Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #17

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Beautiful cover.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm just wondering whatever happened to that son of Killmonger who swore revenge after Killmonger's death in Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther run. Would've been good to try to make him into an MCU-inspired new Killmonger, though they could still have him be the one that digs up his dad's body and has a part in bringing him back from the dead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What if Panther joined the Defenders? Seems a better fit.

What if Hunter became Black Panther?

What if Wakanda conquered the world?

What if T'Challa killed Doom in Doom War?

These will probably never happen, just a few curiosities.

I would take each of those as a 1-3 Issue mini with Hudlin doing the Doom and Wakanda taking over story as a 6 part series