Page 322 of 626 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Jean would oppose what Xavier is doing but as others have said her vision on Red was very different.
    Given how important was Red for Jean it is surprising that part was ignored. The X-men always end up losing or getting killed when they make a country or nation and this time will be no different.
    Isolationism has never worked for them, they are not the inhumans.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean being okay with Krakoa is diametrically opposed to the stance that she took in X-Men Red, so I don't actually think that - in her right mind - Jean would be overly fond of a singular, sovereign nation for mutantkind as a whole because of the problems that they've presented in the past. That was the whole conceit of the Mutant Nation that Jean wanted to establish. She wanted mutants to be granted amnesty, in a way, yes - but she didn't want them in one place where they could have a target painted on their backs.
    But they aren't just in Krakoa- they have bases on Mars, the Moon, and all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Jean would oppose what Xavier is doing but as others have said her vision on Red was very different.
    Given how important was Red for Jean it is surprising that part was ignored. The X-men always end up losing or getting killed when they make a country or nation and this time will be no different.
    All signs point to them winning this time. Hickman is trying to tell new stories.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    All signs point to them winning this time. Hickman is trying to tell new stories.
    Well, it would be nice if they win but i still think they are being too Isolationist.

The X-men always end up losing or getting killed period regardless of what they do. This status quo will at least lead to new and different types of stories while it lasts

If there was an Omega book who would you have on it, if it’s a six man team?
    First X-Lady

Jean, Storm, Magneto, Exodus and maybe Franklin Richards.
    Maybe Quentin too.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-26-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean
    Storm
    Magneto
    Iceman
    Elixir
    Sunspot

I think an Omega book would be a bit boring bc the power types are too similar in that its alot of energy blasters of some sort. I would have to throw in at least one non-omega with super strength who could serve as muscle.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post

Win yes, and they get together for a while. But I am sure that there is something hidden in Xavier, and then he will return to division and confrontation, but Krakoa can be preserved even though Krakoa enters the conflict, but it is a story to Hckman's rhythm. This is going to be long,

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But they aren't just in Krakoa- they have bases on Mars, the Moon, and all over the world.
    Exactatiously!
    With all the Krakoa habitats they are as isolated as Wakanda is isolated.
    In that they have access to the entire globe and beyond but severely limiting the access to most (not all) humans who have time and again proven to be very untrustworthy. Despite Jean and Xavier's lofty dreams, humans in general DO NOT want peaceful co-existence with mutants. And she can still try to mend the rift between humans and mutants as she tried in XMR, only now, she can do so from a safe place(s).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Magneto, Jean, Storm, Exodus, Elixir, Monarch(Jamie Braddock)

Astonishing Member

Well, it would be nice if they win but i still think they are being too Isolationist.
    I don't think so they're really not doing anything that other nations haven't already done, right now their in the establishing borders phase of Krakoa and they're not cutting off contact with humans they haven't given up the dream of coexistence that's what the various habitats around the world are for.

The only difference is that now mutants are coming from a position of strength which I'm sure is a bit weird for some X-fans to read after being kicked around for so long by the rest of the world. Xavier is keeping the lines of communication open but he's also making sure mutants have a safe space to live where they're not under constant threat of death (but looking at what Orchis is doing they're might be complications).

And considering the fact that Hickman cited the Genoshan massacre I'm sure he's well aware of what happens when mutants try to carve out a peace of life for themselves but this also fits with what he was saying during his SDCC interview about the goal was to tell new stories that feel like old ones mutant nation on the rise, human apprehension, Sentinel program reactivated. I'm sure this story point aren't unintentional retreads and that things don't quite play out the way they have in the past.

His goal is to interject a new status quo into the X-Men something new. Having the X-Men lose and go back to living in a mansion/school would be the opposite of that.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-26-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Black Cat seems to appreciate Jean going back to her old costume...

Thats Kubert? Yikes! He's so much better than that. Its sad when I see my faves from the 90s return and release crap art

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Black Cat seems to appreciate Jean going back to her old costume...
    I prefer the belt on storm rather than just the x in the center. And i don't know i love Jean's costume. I know most of her fans don't be it is just simple like Jean which makes it stand out. Chic too, like jean could give Mary Jane more than a run for her money in modeling.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/