Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Cross-post

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm feeling less lazy today, so you get these images from a tweet by a Japanese Polaris fan.

Another testament to diverse interest in Lorna that someone in Japan has walls occupied with framed art of her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Lornaīs X-men Blue outfit is my favorite from her I hope she uses it in Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I really want to see Lorna on a modern team ANAD X-Factor was fun and her time on X-Men Blue was too short.

Agreed, I was hoping to see more of her as a leader in Blue and loved her interactions with Pietro on ANAD X-Factor. Hickman said something about different teams on HoX so I hope we will see her in one of them or maybe in X-men #1
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Agreed, I was hoping to see more of her as a leader in Blue and loved her interactions with Pietro on ANAD X-Factor. Hickman said something about different teams on HoX so I hope we will see her in one of them or maybe in X-men #1
    Let's cross our fingers for House of M!!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Let's cross our fingers for House of M!!
    Yes the family needs to come back

Edit:

I know thereīs like - 0.5 of possibility of this happening but given all the themes House of X is going for with all these characters coming back from death, it would be interesting if Anya came back and lives in the HoM sector itīs bassically the only thing I could see that would give Magneto a semblance of peace and complete adherence to Charles imo.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-29-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Yes the family needs to come back

Edit:

I know thereīs like - 0.5 of possibility of this happening but given all the themes House of X is going for with all these characters coming back from death, it would be interesting if Anya came back and lives in the HoM sector itīs bassically the only thing I could see that would give Magneto a semblance of peace and complete adherence to Charles imo.

I remember some people thinking the brown-haired woman (who afaik is Moira) was Anya.

Anyway, Anya returning would be good. The main problem as I see it would be Marvel simultaneously misusing her return as an excuse to retcon Lorna being one of Magneto's daughters. Since misusing characters for editorial ego stroking is their fetish.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

thats one of the best rendition of Lorna's costume

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I remember some people thinking the brown-haired woman (who afaik is Moira) was Anya.

Anyway, Anya returning would be good. The main problem as I see it would be Marvel simultaneously misusing her return as an excuse to retcon Lorna being one of Magneto's daughters. Since misusing characters for editorial ego stroking is their fetish.
    If Anya came back I guess she would be a child not a young woman, so I donīt see how she could be used to exclude Lorna as Magnetoīs daughter if Wolverine can have who knows how many daughters and sons then so can Magneto Anya would not be a clone or a new character she already was Magnetoīs daughter along with Lorna(Wanda and Pietro before the retcon) and it would be interesting for Lorna to know his older sister whoīs younger than her add to it that she may be human which adds drama to the HoX story imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed, it's one of the better ones IMO.

If Anya came back I guess she would be a child not a young woman, so I donīt see how she could be used to exclude Lorna as Magnetoīs daughter if Wolverine can have who knows how many daughters and sons then so can Magneto Anya would not be a clone or a new character she already was Magnetoīs daughter along with Lorna(Wanda and Pietro before the retcon) and it would be interesting for Lorna to know his older sister whoīs younger than her add to it that she may be human which adds drama to the HoX story imo.
    Logically, everything you're saying is accurate. But Marvel isn't logical. They basically just do whatever their egos and biases say to do and then make excuses.

I like the potential behind bringing Anya back though. I think a lot can happen that would be very interesting if used properly.

I agree Marvel editorial can be quite biased but in this case JDW already said he has no problem with Lorna as Magnetoīs daughter and Hickman is a writer that enjoys bringing past concepts and characters to give them a new and interesting take inside the story this was true of his FF4 and New Avengers run so I think it will be the same in his X-men run.

Indeed Anya just by being her, daughter of human Magda and Magneto before becoming Magneto, could bring a interesting plot points in HoX specially since the X-men seem to completely cut off their "Human side". Just like Moira is the elephant in the room of HoX, since sheīs the very human old flame of Xavier, mother of Proteus, took care of Legion and baby Magneto for a time, bassically was behind the cure for the legacy Virus, her mere presence in HoX brings great story potential.

If she is there we will know soon enough in terms of what she is wearing. Most of the series is already in the can so to speak in terms of art.

I will say a large chunk of the X-Men I have real trouble buying accepting the current venture short of a major mutant extermination event. Its not hard to make a list of mutants who would see the current dream as a nightmare. Magneto? Lorna? This is much more their dream then say Jean or I could list a dozen other X-Men. The real question in the story is why certain X-Men agreed to it and how things might come apart.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-29-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    If she is there we will know soon enough in terms of what she is wearing. Most of the series is already in the can so to speak in terms of art.

I will say a large chunk of the X-Men I have real trouble buying accepting the current venture short of a major mutant extermination event. Its not hard to make a list of mutants who would see the current dream as a nightmare. Magneto? Lorna? This is much more their dream then say Jean or I could list a dozen other X-Men. The real question in the story is why certain X-Men agreed to it and how things might come apart.
    My guess is that the X-men who were fine with Utopia until AvX would support Krakoa while the X-men who went back to the School with Logan would not agree to Krakoa but imo the school itself was a kind of sanctuary, just in a smaller scale than a mutant nation, so the reason why I can see some of the them agreeing is that most of the X-men can take care of themselves with no problem but the majority of the mutant race canīt. In Uncanny there was a big mutant persecution after the world thought the X-men and Magneto were dead, even before that Magneto was rescuing mutants that were fleeing their countries, so there is reason to support a sanctuary made for mutants, the question where?, how? who will be in charge?, how to keep it safe? Krakoa answers some of these questions but opens new ones, because we donīt really know why Charles would change his mind so quickly. my guess is that we will see new information in future issues of PoX and HoX, at least Charles isnīt destroying planets yet so thatīs a good thing imo

Something is going on clearly of which we will only have to learn in time. Anyway the first vision of a greenneto character in a Jordan White video.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-29-2019 at 03:57 PM.