Page 210 of 434 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 6499
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

House of X makes me wonder how much of the human/mutant status quo will change up at least for the foreseeable future. Definitely interested in what potential new concepts future X-Men titles will explore.

Hickman is using a certain type of model when he was doing the powers of ten transition. To me, it’s more realistic for it to have been maybe 15-18ish years from X-Men #1 to now, but that would still count as Year 0 to Year 10. JDW recently confirmed on a podcast that the 10 years wasn’t to be taken at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The 10/100/1000 years thing is not to be taken literal.

There's been 12-13 years since The X-Men #1, probably.
    But also.......Marvel time.....sliding timescale....

I liked the revelations, but it let the cat out the bag.
    I suggest don't read it if you haven't yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Having to physically force myself not to read spoilers. Preview pages, OTOH, I am gagging for.

Why are we looking at Days of Future Present? Wasn't that the Excalibur arc that segued Rachel out for years or am I thinking of something else? I barely recall that period re: Excalibur.
    Days of Future Present is the story about how adult Franklin Summers goes back in time from the 811-Timeline. He gets killed by the Sentinels there and lets out a psychic cry because he doesn't want to die and so, he sends pretty much his ghost back and it latches on to Franklin Richards there, becoming one of his dream selves (Frank in that day used to create lots of duplicates of himself while dreaming). Except Franklin isn't strong enough to give the dream form, so he unknowingly starts siphoning energy from Rachel Summers/Phoenix. Adult Franklin keeps lashing out and eventually, he's detected by Ahab, who the Sentinels sent back in time after Rachel rewrote the timeline to make sure it doesn't get rewritten further. What ensues is a romantic ghost story about Franklin and Rachel's love and how Rachel ultimately has to let Franklin die.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Days of Future Present is the story about how adult Franklin Summers goes back in time from the 811-Timeline. He gets killed by the Sentinels there and lets out a psychic cry because he doesn't want to die and so, he sends pretty much his ghost back and it latches on to Franklin Richards there, becoming one of his dream selves (Frank in that day used to create lots of duplicates of himself while dreaming). Except Franklin isn't strong enough to give the dream form, so he unknowingly starts siphoning energy from Rachel Summers/Phoenix. Adult Franklin keeps lashing out and eventually, he's detected by Ahab, who the Sentinels sent back in time after Rachel rewrote the timeline to make sure it doesn't get rewritten further. What ensues is a romantic ghost story about Franklin and Rachel's love and how Rachel ultimately has to let Franklin die.
    One of my favorites from right after I first got into comics! I read that as such a little kid in the FF, X-Factor, New Mutants and Uncanny X-Men Annuals that year. Great Art Addams art on the Uncanny Annual!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    One of my favorites from right after I first got into comics! I read that as such a little kid in the FF, X-Factor, New Mutants and Uncanny X-Men Annuals that year. Great Art Addams art on the Uncanny Annual!
    Honestly, that panel of the adult Franklin Richards wearing his X-Men uniform before he sacrifices himself bidding farewell to Rachel is one of my favourite scenes ever. It's ghostly, it's romantic and above all, it's X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Honestly, that panel of the adult Franklin Richards wearing his X-Men uniform before he sacrifices himself bidding farewell to Rachel is one of my favourite scenes ever. It's ghostly, it's romantic and above all, it's X-Men.
    It was great!

And Jean was all understandably weird about Rachel, who saw her as her mom, while she saw Rachel as a stranger, and a predestined fate and death she wanted no part of, so the drama was in high gear. And all this interdimensional alternate future kid drama in addition to getting to see Cable hanging around with his teeny tiny kid self, before they decided to make them the same person, back when he was Christopher Charles Summers, and they hadn't retconned in the Nathaniel to explain Cable's name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Hickman said #5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The red-highlight issues. Which is HOX 2 + 5, then POX 6
    Thanks. It'll be interesting to see how much of this is still couched in the slow gears of setup and how much is meant to be the payoff.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

So Future Present is the FF/X-Men crossover in the annuals with Art Adams art? I remember those. Is it worth a read based on spoilers, is it relevant?

Spectacular Member

So Future Present is the FF/X-Men crossover in the annuals with Art Adams art? I remember those. Is it worth a read based on spoilers, is it relevant?
    It's a good read and relevant in at least we know that Hickman loves Franklin, and has already referred to him, and this was the beginning of a long history between Franklin and the X-Men, but it doesn't seem like Hickman will necessarily draw on it specifically at this point.

Mighty Member

I like how a mere few weeks ago, the entire board was reeling back, hissing but unable to remove our eyes on Rosenberg's horrible run as if we were vampires and Nightcrawler had a set of rosary beads. Now, we willingly don't want to remove our eyes from this.

Astonishing Member

I liked the spoilers a lot. I like them more than the living in Krakoa nation thing.

BANNED

It's a good read and relevant in at least we know that Hickman loves Franklin, and has already referred to him, and this was the beginning of a long history between Franklin and the X-Men, but it doesn't seem like Hickman will necessarily draw on it specifically at this point.
    Fair enough. I remember the story reasonably well, I just wasn't certain if a re-read was needed per coming events.

Spectacular Member

Fair enough. I remember the story reasonably well, I just wasn't certain if a re-read was needed per coming events.
    I get you. Yeah, at this point, I'm not getting the feeling it's required reading, though who knows how the story will continue to progress.

Incredible Member

It was great!

And Jean was all understandably weird about Rachel, who saw her as her mom, while she saw Rachel as a stranger, and a predestined fate and death she wanted no part of, so the drama was in high gear. And all this interdimensional alternate future kid drama in addition to getting to see Cable hanging around with his teeny tiny kid self, before they decided to make them the same person, back when he was Christopher Charles Summers, and they hadn't retconned in the Nathaniel to explain Cable's name yet.
    Even more so because at that point in time, 811 wasn't an alternate future, it was still the future. It got changed a bit by avoiding Kelly's assassination, but Rachel was still destined to be born and eventually go back in time. So at that point, to Jean, her future did look locked. In contrast to Cyclops, who was immediately accepting because he never had a family of his own, so he pretty much took every opportunity to expand his.

Plus, yeah, I think that is so funny, Cable saved himself without even knowing it was him.