Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

From here : https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-tom-king-ba...acle-catwoman/

The next question was about Batman #71 and Bruce punching Tim Drake, and how it would be addressed.

"Tim is in Issue #76," King said. "And it really starts to get dealt with in #81. It's a big part of City of Bane."
    Everything I dislike with King's Batman in a nutshell : something dramatic happens (Batman punching Tim, his mother is in the coffin, one hand comes out of a pit, etc.) and it's either handwaved or "dealt" with so late it's become jarring. But here, I find it particularly insane. I don't like Tim Drake very much, but come on ! Ten issues to see him and Batman deal with the punch ? Four issues before the end of the run ? It sounds ridiculous to me.

Today is Tim's birthday, 16 again!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Red Robin seems to be getting used a lot more by every current writer.
    The prospects are high for the future.

Incredible Member

Young Justice 8 has been stealthly pushed to September 4th(amazon kindle). Considering how this is Tim's new ID issue, I'm very disappointed on the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Young Justice 8 has been stealthly pushed to September 4th(amazon kindle). Considering how this is Tim's new ID issue, I'm very disappointed on the wait.
    Bendis actually covered this a few weeks ago via Twitter. They are skipping August.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Bendis actually covered this a few weeks ago via Twitter. They are skipping August.
    I thought he said they are skipping september?

Astonishing Member

We have to wait again?

What the heck is going on?!?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He probably can't decide the name. I mean look at how long the Tim Drake naming thread went.

Nope, just Aug

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Good for you. I think I stopped at about #113. Here's a fun bit - it was actually the character of Spoiler who got me interested in DC, so aside from her intro in 'Tec, Tim's Robin series was the first substantive amount of DC comic I ever read (in backissues I started reading in 2014 or 2015).

You are correct about the crossovers of the '90s - there were tons of them.

So, has there been a particular storyline or supporting character you've liked? Did you like his public school or private school days more?
    I think in general I just enjoy stories where he is off on his own, as opposed to teaming up with Batman. So I really liked the first two mini-series, where he goes to Paris to train and when he has to face Joker on his own.
    Then theres the arc where he follows a young girl to her homeland which is being invaded, and he ends up fighting and beating Lady Shiva.
    I also remember really liking the early encounters with Spoiler, where he is trying to teach her about being good, like for example in one issue I believe they are caught in some kind "avalanche" and Robin insists on staying behind and making sure the bad guys aren't left to freeze to death. I think that was him and Spoiler, it's been a while.

The private school stuff was pretty meh to be honest, and it seems to be over for him now cuz I am just up to the part where his dad lost all his money.

Then there's the teamup with Wally West as well which I thought was pretty fun.

All in all, so far I've really enjoyed this run and there aren't a lot of issues or story arcs that I haven't liked.

I have the whole thing, it wasn't as good when Chuck left, but still enjoyable.
    I see. I think I only have a few more issues until Dixon's departure.

I enjoy stories where he is off a̶n̶d̶on his own and with Batman, however I agree that Red Robin should have more solo stories and build up of a decent rogues gallery for him.
    Last edited by TheRay; 08-12-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Incredible Member

Tim Drake has a significant appearance in Batman #76. No he doesn't get punched by Batman

Incredible Member

Tim Drake has a significant appearance in Batman #76. No he doesn't get punched by Batman
    I'm not sure if I would call that significant. Damian and Tim both basically admit that they don't know what to do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I'm not sure if I would call that significant. Damian and Tim both basically admit that they don't know what to do.
    They're def gon play a part in this storyline. I believe King confirmed that Tim would be back in #80

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Lol. Good one.

Tim's suit looks great. Also love when he called Damien a spoiled brat.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake