Page 441 of 667 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I saw how one of them is a Trump appointment to head HUD's New York and New Jersey region by the name of Lynne Patton. She has such impressive qualifications as working on The Apprentice, as an event planner for Trump family and helps run the Eric Trump foundation.

I suppose it could be incompetence like Mets says. But IMO it's just way too convenient that Epstein dies just after being removed from suicide watch and your example of Cosby makes things even more suspicious to me. Was his cell was monitored via camera? Inmates have used articles of clothing to hang themselves but if the room is just a bare bone cell, than how?
    I should note that my point was that neglect and incompetence are plausible rather than that other explanations are implausible.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I should note that my point was that neglect and incompetence are plausible rather than that other explanations are implausible.
    Except incompetence is a pretty good mask for corruption eh? I used to think these people were just incompetent, now I think they are corrupt and use incompetence as an excuse. These are not bugs, they are features.

Was it incompetence that Epstein got that sweetheart deal in 2008? No, because no poor person would have gotten a similar deal by accident.

Unless Barney Fife or the Reno 911 cast was in charge of guarding Epstein, I am not sure who would be so incompetent to allow this to happen by mistake, he tried to kill himself before, he apparently was not put on suicide watch and now he just happens to commit suicide before he can spill dirt on powerful figures like Trump and Clinton. It's so perfectly corrupt, it seems like the powers that did it just did not care and decided to be blunt. This not incompetence, this is so corrupt that the people behind do not care if the corruption is obvious.

I am not a conspiracy-minded person, but jeez, this is too in your face.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 08-10-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When Epstein's Florida case was in front of the the U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta (who resigned as Trump's Secretary of Labor), Epstein's attorneys were...... Alan Dershowitz (who also was in Epstein's circle of friends that allegedly had sex with some of the young girls ) and Ken Starr. Yeah, the Ken Starr that wanted all the juicy details on Clinton. William Barr was employed at the same firm of Kirkland and Ellis but didn't represent Epstein. One wonders how familiar he was with the case and the accusations from hearing stuff from his colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's perfectly possible that he did.

It's perfectly possible that he was allowed to.

It is also perfectly possible he fell down an elevator shaft onto some bullets.
    Even if he did kill himself the fact this was allowed to happen seems highly suspicious, at least to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Please, explain how Warren would be as bad as Trump is...
    Warren has expounded crazy ideas plus she has lied about being Native American and doubled down after finding out she isn't. I fear she could go off the rails like Trump did if elected there certainly are warning signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Warren has expounded crazy ideas plus she has lied about being Native American and doubled down after finding out she isn't. I fear she could go off the rails like Trump did if elected there certainly are warning signs.
    Really.

Reeeeaaaaaaaaally.

That's all you got compared to all the warnings we had about Trump in the lead up to 2016 let alone EVERYTHING else since. That's your reasoning which adds up to "Warren's just as bad." You can't point to anything specific that's equivalent to anything we've seen, just the overblown heritage BS.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm willing to take your issues seriously if they appear to be serious issues. But "Crazy Ideas" and the GoPocahontas BS (Which is the new Butter Emails) aren't serious issues as far as I can tell.

Really.

Reeeeaaaaaaaaally.

That's all you got compared to all the warnings we had about Trump in the lead up to 2016 let alone EVERYTHING else since. That's your reasoning which adds up to "Warren's just as bad." You can't point to anything specific that's equivalent to anything we've seen, just the overblown heritage BS.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm willing to take your issues seriously if they appear to be serious issues. But "Crazy Ideas" and the GoPocahontas BS (Which is the new Butter Emails) aren't serious issues as far as I can tell.
    Why should I give a damn what you take seriously and what you don't? I'm not here to give a footnoted lecture rather just to post and have fun. I have better things to do than provide a person on a message board with "evidence" to "support my positions". I have a life.

Why should I give a damn what you take seriously and what you don't? I'm not here to give a footnoted lecture rather just to post and have fun.
    Then post and have fun all you want, just don't expect to be taken seriously in this decidedly not-fun-more-serious thread. C'mon: Family separation, GoP Tax Scam, Puerto Rico, White Supremacy, etc , etc ,etc are all possible with Warren because of her heritage and you being spooked by the 'crazy ideas' you can't specify - You can't expect anyone to buy that as legitimate.

Then post and have fun all you want, just don't expect to be taken seriously in this decidedly not-fun-more-serious thread. C'mon: Family separation, GoP Tax Scam, Puerto Rico, White Supremacy, etc , etc ,etc are all possible with Warren because of her heritage and you being spooked by the 'crazy ideas' you can't specify - You can't expect anyone to buy that as legitimate.
    I'm in a charitable mood so here you go -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e3e_story.html

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/12...-warren-crazy/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1656463002/

I could find a few more but I have better things to do.

Scoop: Trump tells advisers Israel should bar entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib

President Trump has told advisers he thinks Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu should use Israel's anti-boycott law to bar Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) from entering Israel, according to three sources familiar with the situation.

What he's saying: Trump's private views have reached the top level of the Israeli government. But Trump denies, through White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham, ever giving any kind of directive to the Israelis. "The Israeli government can do what they want. It's fake news," Grisham said on Saturday.

Driving the news: Trump has told U.S. advisers, including senior Trump administration officials, that Israel should bar Omar and Tlaib's entry because the two congresswomen favor a boycott of Israel, according to sources familiar with Trump's private comments. In 2017, Israel's parliament passed a law requiring the interior minister to block foreign nationals from entering Israel if they have supported boycotting the Jewish state.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I was adopted into a Native American Tribe so I know how seriously members take the issue of tribal citizenship. I think this is why I detest Warren so much.

Then go and do them, because I'm not sure you read your Cleantechnia link:
    Is her plan bold? Yes it is. Oddly enough, boldness is beloved if it comes from male tech entrepreneurs. Is there is a gender bias component to the negative reaction to her plan? Almost certainly. Many of her detractors suggest she is unhinged but in reality they are the ones who are divorced from reality. Warren’s proposal would bring sanity to an economic system that strongly favors a small, select segment of society over the vast majority of people. For that reason alone it deserves serious consideration.
    Otherwise I think your focus on her DNA is exactly what Trump and the other bigots want, and that you are buying into (or deliberately amplifying) the BS put out by the GoP to sink someone they are seriously worried about.

I was adopted into a Native American Tribe so I know how seriously members take the issue of tribal citizenship. I think this is why I detest Warren so much.
    I'm just a fat white ginger in Texas, but unless she's getting some sort of benefit for it and/or not trying to help any Natives through her policies then this remains another overinflated Butter Emails.
    Last edited by Dalak; 08-10-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Then go and do them, because I'm not sure you read your Cleantechnia link...
    I don't cherry-pick I show the good along with the bad. I believe in intellectual honesty.

I admit I don't like Warren for, partially, personal reasons. She'll never get my vote unless she apologizes for her DNA stunt.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

The first two links are opinion pieces. The last one has merit but trump supporters are being hypocritical since they're fine with trump calling her 'Pocahontas'...then again, his supporters have no issues with trump's racism.

It's like how, being that I'm Catholic, I took offense to Sanders behavior when he went to the Vatican in 2016.

I do have a question though. Was it common knowledge that Native American tribes took offense at the use of DNA tests? Should she have known ahead of time? Also, it didn't seem to me like she was trying to acquire Tribal Citizenship, just wanted to confirm the possibility that one of her ancestors may have been Native American. It's true, she shouldn't have publicized it, but was she aware that she shouldn't have publicized it at the time?

I had not realized until then that there was an issue regarding DNA testing.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.