Page 371 of 626 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Wait, are we really having a conversation about Jean's exposure? When she's barely been back two years, has spent the majority of her time in singular books, and even when she is featured her roles have been incredibly small, disjointed or both. Its more noticeable when you consider during this same period multiple characters were appearing in multiple books.

Especially when she had been gone for like 14 years, context please people..

BANNED

Give me a break - she had an entire team book devoted to her leadership. There was also a massive promotional push for her return. She's very central again, she just happened to come back shortly before a pointless AU crossover and a line-wide revamp. They still found time to give her her own team. And you'll be back to having all the Jean Grey month to month you can handle very shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Give me a break - she had an entire team book devoted to her leadership. There was also a massive promotional push for her return. She's very central again, she just happened to come back shortly before a pointless AU crossover and a line-wide revamp. They still found time to give her her own team. And you'll be back to having all the Jean Grey month to month you can handle very shortly.
    I agree, Jean was pretty much the defacto leader of the X-Men up to the end of Decimation. AoXM was a badly planned out event with inconsistent writing for all characters, it felt like a placeholder story and they shouldn't have spread it out over so many different books because it would have worked better if had been written more cohesively. HoX/PoX all of the X-Men are supporting characters for Moira, Charles, and Magneto. This is an event with a huge cast and even the 3 mains aren't in every single issue. Look at PoX 3, Moira only had a couple of panels at the end, it was significant, but most of the book was the final fight of the 9th timeline.

Jean is going to show up in the next few issues of HoX because they are going to do the big mission to take down Orchis. X-Men #1 has Jean, and X-Force has Jean as an ongoing primary character.

I think my only concern for Jean personally is how much I hate that old Marvel Girl uniform. Jean is a grown woman and she should be wearing an outfit that garners some respect. Personally since she is going to be in X-Force I would much rather she was in the black outfit she wore in New X-Men. Hopefully Jean still gets portrayed as strong and confident, she is one of the most powerful characters in X-books and she shouldn't be some timid girl hiding behind the men wearing her mini-skirt. Hopefully they ditch that outfit later in X-Force.

Many character had books where they were the leader/protagonist. I don't get why people keep acting like it was such a Jean privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Many character had books where they were the leader/protagonist. I don't get why people keep acting like it was such a Jean privilege.
    Specially that it lasted ONLY 11 issues and it was being ignored while in print and it is being ignored now

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Wait, are we really having a conversation about Jean's exposure? When she's barely been back two years, has spent the majority of her time in singular books, and even when she is featured her roles have been incredibly small, disjointed or both. Its more noticeable when you consider during this same period multiple characters were appearing in multiple books.

Especially when she had been gone for like 14 years, context please people..
    people don't like that we remember that Jean was dead for 14 years, but they also love to make us do that statement

Yeah she was dead for long and deserves good roles and exposure. Last time Jean was in a comic was more than one month ago

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I agree, Jean was pretty much the defacto leader of the X-Men up to the end of Decimation. AoXM was a badly planned out event with inconsistent writing for all characters, it felt like a placeholder story and they shouldn't have spread it out over so many different books because it would have worked better if had been written more cohesively. HoX/PoX all of the X-Men are supporting characters for Moira, Charles, and Magneto. This is an event with a huge cast and even the 3 mains aren't in every single issue. Look at PoX 3, Moira only had a couple of panels at the end, it was significant, but most of the book was the final fight of the 9th timeline.

Jean is going to show up in the next few issues of HoX because they are going to do the big mission to take down Orchis. X-Men #1 has Jean, and X-Force has Jean as an ongoing primary character.

I think my only concern for Jean personally is how much I hate that old Marvel Girl uniform. Jean is a grown woman and she should be wearing an outfit that garners some respect. Personally since she is going to be in X-Force I would much rather she was in the black outfit she wore in New X-Men. Hopefully Jean still gets portrayed as strong and confident, she is one of the most powerful characters in X-books and she shouldn't be some timid girl hiding behind the men wearing her mini-skirt. Hopefully they ditch that outfit later in X-Force.
    The leader was Kitty, Jean only took over Kitty because she was kidnapped
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-23-2019 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Jean was dead a long time, but she was also never forgotten: You had countless pointless Phoenix minis featuring her because they knew using her sold, followed by Teen Jean. And then yes, X-Men Red and her heavily promoted return. Now she is slated to be featured heavily going forward. Again, somehow I think Jean (and virtually every other X-Men who did not have a heavily promoted return arc and book) will survive a few months off.

Jean was dead a long time, but she was also never forgotten: You had countless pointless Phoenix minis featuring her because they knew using her sold, followed by Teen Jean. And then yes, X-Men Red and her heavily promoted return. Now she is slated to be featured heavily going forward. Again, somehow I think Jean (and virtually every other X-Men who did not have a heavily promoted return arc and book) will survive a few months off.
    There wasn't countless Phoenix minis, there was 2 and she was dead on both

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There wasn't countless Phoenix minis, there was 2 and she was dead on both
    And? They both featured her.

It didn't. The star on Both is Emma

One of those two minis, Warsong didn’t even feature Jean.

BANNED

And yet, here we are.

Maybe he's referring to Resurrection but even in that Jean doesnt really return until the final issue. She was barely in that mini

Jean Grey fans had crumbs thrown at us to shut us up during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe he's referring to Resurrection but even in that Jean doesnt really return until the final issue. She was barely in that mini
    Rosenberg really made the fans wait till the very end for her return

BANNED

Well, either way the point is she's back now and slated to be very featured, so you'll get your full '90s dose of Queen Jean for the foreseeable future. Enjoy it, it'll likely be a lot better written than the last time she came back from the dead and became the cloying Nancy Reagan of mutantkind.

Well, either way the point is she's back now and slated to be very featured, so you'll get your full '90s dose of Queen Jean for the foreseeable future. Enjoy it, it'll likely be a lot better written than the last time she came back from the dead and became the cloying Nancy Reagan of mutantkind.
    LOL bitter too much dude?