Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The new She Hulk television news are awesome.Way cool that She Hulk will be having a television show.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder who they're gonna get to play her.
    At one time, I thought Pamela Anderson would've been perfect. Just paint her green and she'd definitely look the part.
    But now that it's not the '90s (and Anderson is now in her 50s) and the MCU films have risen to be a bit more prestigious, I'd have to go with Rosario Dawson.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    At one time, I thought Pamela Anderson would've been perfect. Just paint her green and she'd definitely look the part.
    But now that it's not the '90s (and Anderson is now in her 50s) and the MCU films have risen to be a bit more prestigious, I'd have to go with Rosario Dawson.
    Or Brigitte Nielsen if a certain movie had been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Or Brigitte Nielsen if a certain movie had been completed.

Ah, Comics Scene. memories.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It's good to see Shulkie fans coming to her defense online. Lots of folks complaining why push a female derivative of a male superhero instead of an original superheroine; and they reply that She-Hulk is her own character and not just a female Hulk (most of the time, that is).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's good to see Shulkie fans coming to her defense online. Lots of folks complaining why push a female derivative of a male superhero instead of an original superheroine; and they reply that She-Hulk is her own character and not just a female Hulk (most of the time, that is).
    Who's complaining where? The sites I've visited have been generally positive...

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Who's complaining where? The sites I've visited have been generally positive...
    YouTube, Twitter, Instagram. Most of the complainants don't even know Jen is an established character co-created by Stan himself; they think Marvel just created her out of whole cloth for the sake of representation.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

YouTube, Twitter, Instagram. Most of the complainants don't even know Jen is an established character co-created by Stan himself; they think Marvel just created her out of whole cloth for the sake of representation.
    I like heroes that have more "distinct origins," though that being said, I still quite like She-Hulk and her series, when they're written well of course, so in that case, they can have any sort of character they want as far as I'm concerned. On that note though, wasn't She-Hulk created so that Marvel would own the rights to a female Hulk character in response to the success of the 1970s Hulk TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    On that note though, wasn't She-Hulk created so that Marvel would own the rights to a female Hulk character in response to the success of the 1970s Hulk TV show?
    Pretty much, but as we all saw that didn't stop Jen from coming into her own and being a much different, light-hearted Hulk not afraid to show off her femininity.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

It's a fair enough criticism but the female characters that were derivatives of male superheroes also tend to be older characters, and thus tend to be more recognizable and have more history and stories to draw from (not to mention, larger fan bases). Also, I think we're at a point where we don't have to pit female characters with each other anymore. This new show isn't going to be the only female-lead superhero film/show, so Shulkie doesn't need to to be the perfect representation of all women.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Agreed, hopefully some good can come out of this and people will read the comics before voicing something that isn't true in the future.

This was a great week for She-Hulk starring her own annual, co-star in the big team, background dressing, and her own page in the 80th celebration book!
    I enjoyed the She-Hulk Annual, its always fun to see Jen dealing with law with Marvel Universe conditions such as human transformed into robot rights and the sci-fi themes that come with that. I also liked how the comic played with panel borders when Jen was accessing her memories. On a downer note, I felt the comic lowballed Shulkie's durability. I would like to see this creative team tackle a miniseries or ongoing.
    She-Hulk gets a wonderful tribute in Marvel Comics #1000 and pops up for a Hulk family page.
    Avengers #23 continues its bland and violent version. Jen in a thought bubble calls Thor "Honey" so they didn't break up. I guess Jen was just paying back Blade's flirt from 2 issues ago.
    She-Hulk also shows us for a panel in Thor #16 drinking at a party.

Pretty much, but as we all saw that didn't stop Jen from coming into her own and being a much different, light-hearted Hulk not afraid to show off her femininity.
    Yeah, her being savage in the beginning really just made her out to be a variation of Hulk rather than a character that was related, yet still distinct. I felt that her being self-accepting, funny, and of course, sensational, was and still is a great take on the character, which was a nice contrast from Bruce's more tragic version of his Hulk and very much worth sticking around for 60 issues.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-28-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Just read the act of evils issue of She-Hulk: it was very good ! The writer totally put on the side her new characterization for a more classic outing, and it was all the better. It was like I was reading a Charles Soule or Dan Slott She-Hulk comics again. Very good !
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I liked the annual that came out today, I thought it was the better of Jen's recent portrayal compared to most of the avengers and WotR stuff, lol.

BANNED

Read the annual. Is this a way to have a back up she hulk when they want to dump Aaron's she hulk?