Page 469 of 613 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bleeding Cool is suggesting Luke Fox will be taking over as Batman next summer, more intersting though, apparently this was Bendis's choice: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...h-bruce-wayne/

could this mean Bendis is leaving the super books for Batman? Or will he be double timing?
    I’m expecting him to take over Batman with issue 100. If issue 100 comes out during the summer then Bendis might very well be hopping over. I hope DC would make him give up one of the Superbooks if he is going to be adding Batman to his plate. Give Action or Superman to Jeff Loveness.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m expecting him to take over Batman with issue 100. If issue 100 comes out during the summer then Bendis might very well be hopping over. I hope DC would make him give up one of the Superbooks if he is going to be adding Batman to his plate. Give Action or Superman to Jeff Loveness.
    I'd rather lose him on Superman than Action if I'm being honest. The latter is the stronger book.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'd rather lose him on Superman than Action if I'm being honest. The latter is the stronger book.
    I think the reverse might happen since superman is the better seller.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm doubtful he loses either book, Batman is only monthly now anyway and Bendis is known to take on a lot of books at one time.

I'm doubtful he loses either book, Batman is only monthly now anyway and Bendis is known to take on a lot of books at one time.
    Batman, Superman, Action, Young Justice, LoSH, Naomi Season 2 (whenever that is although we know it’s coming), and Jinxworld (him and Gaydos want do more Pearl)? I don’t know man that’s like a freaking 1/4 of the line and his sales so far haven’t been spectacular. If he does get put on Batman I think it’s a bad idea to put that much of the line in his hands. DC right now is very poor in terms of new blood, they need to start building up their next gen like Marvel is doing.

I’m not saying they will, DC can be very, VERY stupid, but it’s what I want them to do.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

But DragonPiece, you forget yourself. DC editorial is a veritable monkey's paw; they don't give with two hands. If we get to keep Bendis, it's with Chuck Austen taking Superman.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Bleeding Cool is suggesting Luke Fox will be taking over as Batman next summer, more intersting though, apparently this was Bendis's choice: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...h-bruce-wayne/

could this mean Bendis is leaving the super books for Batman? Or will he be double timing?
    Oh no, DC's not going to start pulling a Marvel are they? It failed there, why would it be a good idea here? Yes there's precedent that you can replace Bruce Wayne as Batman, at least for a while. But there's a huge caveat to that. It works when its Dick Grayson. That's it. That's all fans will buy under the cowl if its not Bruce.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-03-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium #1 Preview

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...-heroes-begins

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh no, DC's not going to start pulling a Marvel are they? It failed there, why would it be a good idea here? Yes there's precedent that you can replace Bruce Wayne as Batman, at least for a while. But there's a huge caveat to that. It works when its Dick Grayson. That's it. That's all fans will buy under the cowl if its not Bruce.
    That's all to true. Dick is the one that almost everyone expects to take over for Bruce when he is unable to be Batman for whatever reason because he's already done so twice in the past and the most recent of those times was well received by fans if I'm remembering correctly. (It does make me wonder if this Ric nonsense is sticking around until then and that perhaps this will be the "in story" reason for why Dick doesn't take over for Bruce this time.)

For myself I can't stand Luke so if he were to take over as Batman that would already make this a hard pass for me and since Bendis's work has been hit and miss with me as well that only adds to that feeling. With so many other Bat Family characters around who are more experienced than Luke is it would make far more sense for one of them to take over as a temp. Batman or even have Batwoman take over for a bit instead. Having Kate taking over Gotham for a time could be interesting at least in my opinion anyway.

In all honesty I really hope Bendis isn't taking over Batman or that if he does that he moves on from Superman since its the weakest of the two Super books he's writing and he work tends to suffer horribly when he has to many irons in the fire.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

Good, hopefully when he leaves, he can take the idiot trunks off Superman and get back to the 21st century

Mighty Member

Are we sure Bendis's favorite wasn't referring to rumors? Couldn't it be a sarcastic joke that Bendis likes rumors? Can't tell based on the wording.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Batman, Superman, Action, Young Justice, LoSH, Naomi Season 2 (whenever that is although we know it’s coming), and Jinxworld (him and Gaydos want do more Pearl)? I don’t know man that’s like a freaking 1/4 of the line and his sales so far haven’t been spectacular. If he does get put on Batman I think it’s a bad idea to put that much of the line in his hands. DC right now is very poor in terms of new blood, they need to start building up their next gen like Marvel is doing.

I’m not saying they will, DC can be very, VERY stupid, but it’s what I want them to do.
    I'm aware of what he writes already, but we know from he interviews he works far ahead when writing these books to have time to do so much. And if Batman doesn't actually start till next summer, he has a lot of prep time. Plus Naomi was always just a co-writing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Are we sure Bendis's favorite wasn't referring to rumors? Couldn't it be a sarcastic joke that Bendis likes rumors? Can't tell based on the wording.
    I’m guessing that’s meant to be “Bendis’ favorite Bat character”.
    Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Good, hopefully when he leaves, he can take the idiot trunks off Superman and get back to the 21st century
    Hey the Reborn suit has popped up on a few covers! I’d be ecstatic if they brought that costume back.
    I'm aware of what he writes already, but we know from he interviews he works far ahead when writing these books to have time to do so much. And if Batman doesn't actually start till next summer, he has a lot of prep time. Plus Naomi was always just a co-writing book.
    Ha! I agree that Bendis could probably do all those books, but I’m not sure he would do a good job or that it’s a smart idea to put so much of the line in Bendis’ hands. I don’t really care if Batman sucks though I just don’t want the quality on the Superbooks to suffer .

Naomi’s dialogue is Bendis through and through, so I’m not sure how much Walker is contributing. Wouldn’t mind at all if Walker took over completely, I really liked his Cyborg run and his Bitter Root series is phenomenal. Damn dude I just remembered Walker wrote that great Nighthawk series! If a Black Batman is really in the works I hope Walker is either writing it or helping Bendis write it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-jus...ck-continuity/
    Snyder says, Bendis's millennium and snyder's jsa team are still connected to doomsday clock and The connection will be explained in the books.

Remember this?
    - Dan Didio confirmed that Val Zod will have a resurgence in 2020

- Bendis confirmed that he will be using Val Zod.
    In light of the Batman rumors for 2020, this now takes on a potentially new and concerning context.

I'm now terrifying myself with thoughts of Superman retiring from active superhero duty coincidentally at the same time Bruce does, with this Earth President role as a contributing factor. I hate when I have terrible thoughts.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-03-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El