Page 142 of 294 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sasheem arrived, late but in better shape than he was previously. "The Doctor," Parsley responded. "Meagan's and Pants' daughter, Midori. She's manipulated events in our timeline to some unknown degree to ensure that we are as strong as we possibly can be for when we face Genesis in five to ten years."

She continued to charge her attack. Then, a thought occurred to her. Once she realized the magnitude of the folly they -- that she -- was about to commit, she disengaged the energy. 'Don't forget that Meagan can manipulate energy, include those belonging to another person. Refrain from using ki attacks against Midori,' she transmitted telepathically to the others. 'Also, she may have telepathy like Meagan.'

With that warning given, she picked up her ax for a second time and slowly walked toward Midori and her barrier.
    Ishtar continued forcing her way through the barrier, but hearing Parsley's warning she offered simply. "This is not Meagan, and even ignoring that she is not my target." Well, in a way she was, though not directly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Silent, his eyes, unblinking saw nothing; yet from this remote distance, his subtle sense burned, as he ascertained the shape of this newly rendered Doctor.

OOC: 1

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Still distant from the battlefield, Ochazuke slowly rose to his feet as he pushed his way through the scrap and wire of cybernetic viscera. Gripping the handle of the mechanical rifle, he rest the butt of it on the floor...and with a heave, pulled a second from its fallen counterpart mech. The snaking trail of katchin rounds rattled menacingly through the hollow chamber, but he could hardly hear it as he focussed his sense. Reach out...into the very energies coursing through this place...and forward.

Far from a state of isolation, the method of the Old Turtle's meditation was one of mindful endeavour; One familiar presence filtered in, one after another; the sounds of wounded barbs and conniving schemes faint echoes which washed over him.

Time Energy. Dreadnought Heart. Koolard. Glacia. Marduk. The phantom presence was very much like Pantaloon and yet something that stood apart. Something familiar.

It doesn't matter.

No justice. No dreams. No hope.

Studying the shifting energies of the barrier from his vantage point outside of the Doctor's room, Ochazuke studied the adamant presence rendered. With Banjakuza, he would soon lay its secrets bare.

The violent urgings within the room stirred; pointed, precise. The humanoid creature spoke, looking down upon them as it crest the stage. The whispers flew past him, carrying its affect. Cool. Collected. Absolute control.

But amid the nursery of stars, this was a forge for creation. Its energies neither malign, nor benign, but stirring, restless.

Begging to be seized.

OOC: 2

Where senses failed, memory remained. The place, the energy being seized from the facility itself worked to show what the Doctor hid behind the barrier.

Creational Energy, as expected.
    Some ki and psychic energy, also expected.
    A Dreadnaught Heart within her body.
    Big Ghetti Star nanites.

The facility memory of the Doctor shows a temporal loop within her, like the snake eating its own tail. And the memory also shows seven twisted objects laying within storage behind her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "...and I thought I was a selfish bitch," came Tasure's voice as she finally caught up, her healing at the... hands of that toad finally having completed. She'd arrived just in time to hear this entire spiel. And she could only find her anger mounting at this... thing--she refused to call her a woman--manipulating everything for her own selfish desires. And oh, they were selfish.

"Hmph, I've met many like you.. you try to justify your selfish desire for control by cloaking it in altruism. Nothing but the corrupted logic of one that should've died with their world," she said, her disdain for this child laid bare. "Tell me... my death, and the suffering it caused my boy... how much of a hand did you have in that?"
    She cocks her head.

“No. But I would have. I have in other timelines.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As the others began their attack against her, a combined attack that would certainly end up with Midori's death, Dash just stood there. She watched and she considered everything Midori had said. Considered what Midori was.

There is no escaping it, she did horrible things, destroyed more lives than can be imagined.

Yet, someone or something more powerful had destroyed her life and set her on a path of vengeance. Or was it survival?

If Midori was powerful enough to destroy timelines, how much more powerful is this Genesis? Looking up at the girl, "With all your power, you still aren't powerful enough to stop this Genesis, are you?" Dash asked. "If you were, you wouldn't have needed to do all this."
    “I tried. She is...immune...to my attempts.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash continued to speak to Midori, as everyone else tried to take down her shield, "You just stand there, are you truly suicidal? You said you want to take your family. If'n that's true, is it to protect them? How can you protect them from this Genesis? Or is there another reason? Ah think you're not gonna end your game, not with such high stakes."
    She grins.

“They can’t hurt me. No one can hurt me. Well, Genesis might, but that’s different. She’s different.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The barrier fluctuates, ripples, and the falls away under the strain provided.

Midori’s grin widens.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar continued forcing her way through the barrier, but hearing Parsley's warning she offered simply. "This is not Meagan, and even ignoring that she is not my target." Well, in a way she was, though not directly.
    'Doesn't matter. It's foolish to assume she can't just because she isn't Meagan.' Ishtar's comment about Midori -- she assumed -- wasn't her target elicited a curious hum from Parsley. She wasn't sure what she meant, and had no time to question it, as...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

Midori’s grin widens.
    ...the barrier fell under the continuous strain of their attacks. However, Midori's wide grin was discouraging. Parsley's eyes narrowed. Once again, with the barrier down, she attempted to scan her with Observational Focus to ascertain what she was hiding.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She shake her head.

“Eight. Seven intentionally, one on accident. Those seven though...they were weak, unworthy. But they did serve a purpose. Would you like to see what they wrought for me? I thought it a solid Plan B my self.”
    "Trillions dead. Because you were too weak to do otherwise. Cheh." Ishtar said, with an almost pity. "It is a shame."

She grins.

“They can’t hurt me. No one can hurt me. Well, Genesis might, but that’s different. She’s different.”
    "I know damn well what she is, we shared minds briefly." Ishtar stated flatly. "All you do is assume, do you even know anything ?!"

OT: How's she doing barrier breaching wise ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Trillions dead. Because you were too weak to do otherwise. Cheh." Ishtar said, with an almost pity. "It is a shame."

"I know damn well what she is, we shared minds briefly." Ishtar stated flatly. "All you do is assume, do you even know anything ?!"

OT: How's she doing barrier breaching wise ?
    Oh she’s through now.

Midori nods.

“I know you can’t hurt me. Give me you best shot. Try some Hakai.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Midori’s grin widens.
    It worked! Sarada smirked and drew her knife. "I'm pretty sure you got powers like Meagan. Even if you don't, we're gonna kick your ass all the same." She lunged, thrusting the knife in Midori's face. At the last second, she feinted and tried to spray her with the knockout gas from her prosthetic hand.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

'Doesn't matter. It's foolish to assume she can't just because she isn't Meagan.' Ishtar's comment about Midori -- she assumed -- wasn't her target elicited a curious hum from Parsley. She wasn't sure what she meant, and had no time to question it, as...

...the barrier fell under the continuous strain of their attacks. However, Midori's wide grin was discouraging. Parsley's eyes narrowed. Once again, with the barrier down, she attempted to scan her with Observational Focus to ascertain what she was hiding.

A Dreadnaught heart beat within Midori. That she can see for sure. Something else seems off about her too. She doesn’t.....move right. Nor is her energy.....right.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Midori’s grin widens.
    Barrier failing, Ishtar slams into Midori and attempts to pin her.

Arx Inosaan

It worked! Sarada smirked and drew her knife. "I'm pretty sure you got powers like Meagan. Even if you don't, we're gonna kick your ass all the same." She lunged, thrusting the knife in Midori's face. At the last second, she feinted and tried to spray her with the knockout gas from her prosthetic hand.

She looks at Sarada.

“A+ for not just punching, I suppose. Didn’t expect knockout gas.”

No effect is had.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Barrier failing, Ishtar slams into Midori and attempts to pin her.

To Ishtar’s surprise, she easily pins her.

“Are we wrestling, Ishtar? I don’t think Sarada will appreciate that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

To Ishtar’s surprise, she easily pins her.

“Are we wrestling, Ishtar? I don’t think Sarada will appreciate that.”
    "Wrestling ? No." Ishtar commented, before looking up at the Dreadnaught heart that had empowered the barrier. "Just acting the distraction." Calling out again telepathically, Ishtar made her target fairly clear. "HIT THE HEART."

An explosion enough to kill a Super Saiyan ... it would have to do for now.

And should the heart be struck, and successfully detonate, the Oni had a plan for that, too.

Arx Inosaan