Page 509 of 744 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    New Highlander rule applied?
    Valkyries are like Green Lanterns... it's more a title than a name, so in theory you can have more than one. Brunhilda and Jane could both walk around calling themselves Valkyrie and it wouldn't be weird (unlike Thor, which is an actual name).

But I would imagine it's more a branding thing. Jane has the solo book so she is THE Valkyrie. Makes her more unique or special or whatever.

That said, I think it's sort of unecessary. But on the plus side Brunhilda has died and come back like 3-4 times, so her dying isn't necessarily a big deal. Just gets her out of the way so Jane doen't have to worry about sharing the spotlight I guess.

I wonder if T'challa will flip someone off again during this murder mystery.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    More like they have a "name" you can easily transfer to Jane but not such a big name that anyone cares about her/them, and really, asguardian angel things are relatively easy to resurrect if needed once the story plays out.

Hell, just gotta keep Jane around for a few more years when Love and Thunder comes out and she will be weilding Mjolnir again anyway while Thor magically gets a big hammer axe thing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Valkyries are like Green Lanterns... it's more a title than a name, so in theory you can have more than one. Brunhilda and Jane could both walk around calling themselves Valkyrie and it wouldn't be weird (unlike Thor, which is an actual name).

But I would imagine it's more a branding thing. Jane has the solo book so she is THE Valkyrie. Makes her more unique or special or whatever.

That said, I think it's sort of unecessary. But on the plus side Brunhilda has died and come back like 3-4 times, so her dying isn't necessarily a big deal. Just gets her out of the way so Jane doen't have to worry about sharing the spotlight I guess.
    It was my (failing) attempt of making a joke in answering the question of why JA killed off all the Valkyries

“That is a rumor. Kevin said that we will be exploring every movie in a new way, but not every episode is about one movie if that makes sense,” Bradley told Discussing Film. “On the reel [shown at D23 Expo], there is this image of a Star-Lord T’Challa because we wanted to see what if the worlds of Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy collided? That was taking two universes, two to three movies, kind of twisting them in new ways.”

Giving each MCU entry its own episode is “not the objective,” Bradley said. “The objective is to hopefully see the majority of characters from all 23 movies. You’ll see multiple characters in an episode.”

That episode cited by Bradley depicts T’Challa, best known as superhero Black Panther and the monarch of the African kingdom of Wakanda, instead following a path where he becomes leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy as cosmic adventurer Star-Lord, the moniker typically belonging to Peter Quill.

“With Star Lord T’Challa obviously, we want to know how T’Challa ended up in other planets? What’s the story there? It’s super exciting to work on because again, it’s seeing these characters and seeing the combination of character interactions,” Bradley said. “Seeing the Avengers hang out together and more recently [Avengers: Endgame] gave us the fun of seeing something like Ant-Man hanging out with the Hulk. What If…? is taking it a step further.”
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09...owrunner-says/

somebody better get Antonio Brown that Vibranium stat
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

That's interesting, because I've often seen the comparison between Green Lantern Corps and Nova Corps, but never the Valkyries before.

Really, the Valkyries are more like the Dora Milaje (except they were Odin's daughters in myth, not his brides. )

The name literally means "Choosers of the Slain". It was their job to visit battlefields and gather up the worthy dead, as seen in this classic Simonson splash page, from Thor #343:

(And wait tables at Valhalla during the nightly feasts, but that doesn't come up in the comics that often. )

Has Bast ever interacted with Anansi?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Not in Marvel. Anansi has only had a handful of appearances, mostly in Spider-Man & Hercules books.

Coates created an alien race called the Anansi, but that's a different thing entirely.

I'm waiting for that council meeting. Bast, Anansi, Khonsu and a few others.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Not in Marvel. Anansi has only had a handful of appearances, mostly in Spider-Man & Hercules books.

Coates created an alien race called the Anansi, but that's a different thing entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'm waiting for that council meeting. Bast, Anansi, Khonsu and a few others.
    That would be cool, given how Anansi was connected to the Spider-Man mythos in JMS's run. It would also provide a great excuse for a cosmic-level team-up between Black Panther, Spider-Man (perhaps Miles Morales this time around), and Moon Knight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks a combination of the original RTF and the RTF from the movie, the motorcycle T'Chaka rode in Rise, and the sky cycle T'Challa used in Rise. Makes me wish T'Challa still rode around in style. Priest had the high tech car, RTF and N'Yami ships while Hudlin had the jet and the cool panther sky cycle. Now we're stuck with Eden.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-07-2019 at 04:57 PM.

That unique architecture they got going on strengthens my belief that Acuna has it all wrong.

Shuri got a good shot in. Lol