Page 344 of 410 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Oh, well... it turned out we shouldn't wait for NYCC or 2020 for this...

Frank Miller previews his next epic Batman comic, The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child

The Dark Knight isn’t done yet. Three years after The Dark Knight III: The Master Race continued Frank Miller’s epic Batman saga that began in 1986 with The Dark Knight Returns, EW can exclusively announce that another installment is on the way. This December comes a new one-shot comic titled The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, written by Miller and illustrated by artist Rafael Grampá.

The “golden child” in question is young Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. His older sister, Lara, was a major player in The Master Race, where readers saw she had inherited her mother’s Amazonian discipline as well as her father’s Kryptonian superpowers and signature S-shield costume. Jonathan was only a baby then, though he was important enough to be the focal point of a battle between the Amazons and the Kryptonians from Kandor. The Golden Child takes place three years after the conclusion of The Master Race, and though Jonathan is still a child, he’s now grown into a powerful presence, as you can see in Grampá’s exclusive preview art below.

“The possibilities for what he could be just started coming to mind like crazy. I thought the contrast between him and Lara could be really exciting,” Miller tells EW. “Lara has so much power and passion, so for the little boy to embody all of the wisdom and intelligence of the Kryptonian race would be an exciting new dimension. He really sort of developed as a little floating Buddha, someone who when he wasn’t even a toddler yet was speaking in full sentences and had an understanding of events that surpassed anybody else’s. He’s the most magical member of the family.”

"The Dark Knight Returns started as a Batman story, but as it has gone on, Superman and his family have come to play a bigger role. There are surely still countless comic fans out there, this EW writer included, who still have memorized Batman’s brutal monologue to Superman during their epic fight at the climax of The Dark Knight Returns (“I want you to remember the one man who beat you”), Miller’s been a little nicer to the Man of Steel in the years since.

“Even though in Dark Knight Returns I gave Superman a very hard time, in his own title I’ve wanted to really celebrate the character,” Miller says. Though he notes, “He doesn’t need my sympathy!”

THE DARK KNIGHT: THE GOLDEN CHILD #1
    Release date: December 11th, 2019
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Art and cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
    Colour by JORDIE BELLAIRE
    48-page one-shot

The story takes place three years after the events of Master Race, where Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Carrie Kelley, and Lara Kent overcame the renegade priest Quar and his cult of Kandorian fanatics in their bid to convert humanity into worshipping them as gods. During this interim, Lara has spent time learning about what it means to be human, while Carrie has grown into her role as Gotham City’s new protector, Batwoman. When a terrifying evil returns to Gotham City, Lara and Carrie team up to take on this new threat, but this time with a secret weapon – Jonathan Kent. Known as the ‘Golden Child,’ Jonathan possesses power unlike anything the world has ever seen and could be all that stands in the way of the destruction of Gotham City, as well as the whole planet.

Full article: https://ew.com/books/2019/09/13/fran...-golden-child/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Frank Miller previews his next epic Batman comic, The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child

The Dark Knight isn’t done yet. Three years after The Dark Knight III: The Master Race continued Frank Miller’s epic Batman saga that began in 1986 with The Dark Knight Returns, EW can exclusively announce that another installment is on the way. This December comes a new one-shot comic titled The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, written by Miller and illustrated by artist Rafael Grampá.

The “golden child” in question is young Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. His older sister, Lara, was a major player in The Master Race, where readers saw she had inherited her mother’s Amazonian discipline as well as her father’s Kryptonian superpowers and signature S-shield costume. Jonathan was only a baby then, though he was important enough to be the focal point of a battle between the Amazons and the Kryptonians from Kandor. The Golden Child takes place three years after the conclusion of The Master Race, and though Jonathan is still a child, he’s now grown into a powerful presence, as you can see in Grampá’s exclusive preview art below.

“The possibilities for what he could be just started coming to mind like crazy. I thought the contrast between him and Lara could be really exciting,” Miller tells EW. “Lara has so much power and passion, so for the little boy to embody all of the wisdom and intelligence of the Kryptonian race would be an exciting new dimension. He really sort of developed as a little floating Buddha, someone who when he wasn’t even a toddler yet was speaking in full sentences and had an understanding of events that surpassed anybody else’s. He’s the most magical member of the family.”

"The Dark Knight Returns started as a Batman story, but as it has gone on, Superman and his family have come to play a bigger role. There are surely still countless comic fans out there, this EW writer included, who still have memorized Batman’s brutal monologue to Superman during their epic fight at the climax of The Dark Knight Returns (“I want you to remember the one man who beat you”), Miller’s been a little nicer to the Man of Steel in the years since.

“Even though in Dark Knight Returns I gave Superman a very hard time, in his own title I’ve wanted to really celebrate the character,” Miller says. Though he notes, “He doesn’t need my sympathy!”

Written by FRANK MILLER
    48-page one-shot

The story takes place three years after the events of Master Race, where Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Carrie Kelley, and Lara Kent overcame the renegade priest Quar and his cult of Kandorian fanatics in their bid to convert humanity into worshipping them as gods. During this interim, Lara has spent time learning about what it means to be human, while Carrie has grown into her role as Gotham City’s new protector, Batwoman. When a terrifying evil returns to Gotham City, Lara and Carrie team up to take on this new threat, but this time with a secret weapon – Jonathan Kent. Known as the ‘Golden Child,’ Jonathan possesses power unlike anything the world has ever seen and could be all that stands in the way of the destruction of Gotham City, as well as the whole planet.

sahfhfhkj\fkuAHFANDLNALDJJndlcKNSnKcAIEnkls\nlnsdc j A LITTLE BUDDHA!!!

I knew it!!!! I KNEW IT! I knew that a son of SM with WW would have something divine, something superior, an extra degree! He will be powerful, perhaps the most powerful being in the DC universe but with absolute calm and serenity !!!! LOVED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

I knew it!!!! I KNEW IT! I knew that a son of SM with WW would have something divine, something superior, an extra degree! He will be powerful, perhaps the most powerful being in the DC universe but with absolute calm and serenity !!!! LOVED IT!
    I was looking forward to your reaction. 😅

Btw, I'm a little disappointed that it's just a one-shot, I was expecting a mini due to the long time it's in the works. Still better than nothing.

I was looking forward to your reaction. ��

Btw, I'm a little disappointed that it's just a one-shot, I was expecting a mini due to the long time it's in the works. Still better than nothing.
    In my view Miller is building his universe, consolidating it, positioning the pieces on his chessboard. This mini will tell who Jon is, will put him on a track where other writers can develop him. Frank is thinking about the future, you know, trimming the edges and asking and answering questions. This mini can also cement Lara's coexistence with Carrie. I'm sure we'll see Jon, Lara and Carrie more often!

In my view Miller is building his universe, consolidating it, positioning the pieces on his chessboard. This mini will tell who Jon is, will put him on a track where other writers can develop him. Frank is thinking about the future, you know, trimming the edges and asking and answering questions. This mini can also cement Lara's coexistence with Carrie. I'm sure we'll see Jon, Lara and Carrie more often!
    He was planning a 4th DK book too. I guess the Golden Child one-shot will act as a prelude to it.

Written by FRANK MILLER
    48-page one-shot

I was looking forward to your reaction.

YASSSS!!! LOL at him being a little Buddha! 🤣
    THIS is exactly what a child or the children of Superman and Wonder Woman should be. They aren’t normal children.
    I LOVE Grampa’s art already! Lara is very pretty and Jon looks like he doesn’t take any sh*t even as a toddler.

I hope this one-shot extends to something more. And hoping Grampa’s combined SMWW logo is shown somewhere. 🤞

He was planning a 4th DK book too. I guess the Golden Child one-shot will act as a prelude to it.
    Miller is a genius ... I don't know if he had in mind building an entire universe when he wrote Batman Year One and The Dark Knight Returns but already in Dark Knight Strikes again you already realized that he had something great in mind ... For sure this is one of the most interesting universes of the DC multiverse... solid, well-lined, with well-defined personality characters and power limits.

"Indonesian You-Tubers dressed as SM/WW in the first episode of their talk show:"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2R34Dyg..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Rls0mA..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2R2TAAg..._web_copy_link
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 09-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    YASSSS!!! LOL at him being a little Buddha! 🤣
    THIS is exactly what a child or the children of Superman and Wonder Woman should be. They aren’t normal children.
    I LOVE Grampa’s art already! Lara is very pretty and Jon looks like he doesn’t take any sh*t even as a toddler.

I hope this one-shot extends to something more. And hoping Grampa’s combined SMWW logo is shown somewhere. 🤞
    Maybe Jonathan will get his own costume with the combined logo at the end of the book or Lara will change hers. 🤔

Miller is a genius ... I don't know if he had in mind building an entire universe when he wrote Batman Year One and The Dark Knight Returns but already in Dark Knight Strikes again you already realized that he had something great in mind ... For sure this is one of the most interesting universes of the DC multiverse... solid, well-lined, with well-defined personality characters and power limits.
    I guess the idea of building a whole verse grew after TDKSA.

I just gave a quick look at the intro of the video, they seem to having fun, even if I don't understand a word of what they say, lol.

The guy brought to the next level the idea of Superman wearing his underwear over his pants. 🤣
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Written by FRANK MILLER
    48-page one-shot

Too in Cbr https://www.cbr.com/frank-miller-raf...hild-announce/

Home Sweet Home...

"#mycutelittlehouse"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1JlgcGABnL/

"What a good laziness. Leave me here do nothing ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1SMQs5gW2U/

"WONDER WOMAN X SUPERMAN 🧦🧦🔥🔥⚡"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...37149643069374

It’s not a perfect universe. It’s controversial for sure and the writing can go either way and to the extreme. But it’s a world of its own. The ideas that come out of this universe however is creative. All characters don’t have to be one of the same. That’s not fun. We need variety.

Maybe Jonathan will get his own costume with the combined logo at the end of the book or Lara will change hers. 🤔
    Oh right! Yes most likely by the end we will see is costume. 3 or 4 year old superhero is such a fantastic idea.

I guess the idea of building a whole verse grew after TDKSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    There are many other articles... I think they all pretty much have the same info, some more than others. Will try to compare and gather more additional if there is... but from this CBR article there is more which seems to imply this just might a prelude to more with the universe and is indeed growing...

"The Dark Knight Returns story began with its heroes getting older," Miller said of his the latest chapter in his Dark Knight Universe. "Now we’re seeing the next generation of heroes in action, and Rafael was the obvious choice for me to usher in these heroes that are vigorous, untested and loaded with promise. I think that Jonathan Kent in particular will surprise everybody with his unforeseen abilities and impossible mind."

Not only does the series feature the first comic book art Rafael Grampá has produced in over half a decade, the one-shot will feature "open to buy" variant covers by Paul Pope, Joëlle Jones, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller. According to DC's release, Grampá was "hand-picked" by Miller to collaborate on the project.

It’s not a perfect universe. It’s controversial for sure and the writing can go either way and to the extreme. But it’s a world of its own. The ideas that come out of this universe however is creative. All characters don’t have to be one of the same. That’s not fun. We need variety.
    This new universe, the "MIllerverse", is here to stay, for new writers and artists to drink from the fountain. This universe is Miller's legacy to DC, a "bank account", a "legacy" that will be left to DC and fans enjoy ... we'll have more stories about them with different writers and artists.

Oh right! Yes most likely by the end we will see is costume. 3 or 4 year old superhero is such a fantastic idea.
    He'll be eventually older in a sequel. Till now, Miller has jumped of 3 years with each installment of the DK saga.

There are many other articles... I think they all pretty much have the same info, some more than others. Will try to compare and gather more additional if there is... but from this CBR article there is more which seems to imply this just might a prelude to more with the universe and is indeed growing...

"The Dark Knight Returns story began with its heroes getting older," Miller said of his the latest chapter in his Dark Knight Universe. "Now we’re seeing the next generation of heroes in action, and Rafael was the obvious choice for me to usher in these heroes that are vigorous, untested and loaded with promise. I think that Jonathan Kent in particular will surprise everybody with his unforeseen abilities and impossible mind."

Not only does the series feature the first comic book art Rafael Grampá has produced in over half a decade, the one-shot will feature "open to buy" variant covers by Paul Pope, Joëlle Jones, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller. According to DC's release, Grampá was "hand-picked" by Miller to collaborate on the project.
    It seems that fleshing out Superman and Wonder Woman's son was Miller's goal since his introduction in DKIII. It really took so long to get there: DKIII was in the works at least from 2014 (the official announcement was in early 2015) and Golden Child was from 2016, if I'm not mistaken. 😅

This new universe, the "MIllerverse", is here to stay, for new writers and artists to drink from the fountain. This universe is Miller's legacy to DC, a "bank account", a "legacy" that will be left to DC and fans enjoy ... we'll have more stories about them with different writers and artists.
    He'll be eventually older in a sequel. Till now, Miller has jumped of 3 years with each installment of the DK saga.

It seems that fleshing out Superman and Wonder Woman's son was Miller's goal since his introduction in DKIII. It really took so long to get there: DKIII was in the works at least from 2014 (the official announcement was in early 2015) and Golden Child was from 2016, if I'm not mistaken. 😅
    With what Miller said within this first interview, that’s definitely seems to be the point and goal. I think Frank has took time to go over things and try to in a way rewrite certain things, fill in blanks, and just give a different point of view now than what it was then, especially for Superman.

As I said, the ideas are creative, but sometimes execution can lack. Though, setting the ideas for others to pick up is great.

It has taken a very long while, but yes, “Golden Child” was an idea already in development with the release of DKIII.

With what Miller said within this first interview, that’s definitely seems to be the point and goal. I think Frank has took time to go over things and try to in a way rewrite certain things, fill in blanks, and just give a different point of view now than what it was then, especially for Superman.

As I said, the ideas are creative, but sometimes execution can lack. Though, setting the ideas for others to pick up is great.

It has taken a very long while, but yes, “Golden Child” was an idea already in development with the release of DKIII.
    Now that I think about it, that could be the reason why SM/WW's "Jon" got a free pass from DC, it was in development before Jurgens' Jon. I was worried he would've treated like Kon and made disappear for brand name reasons, etc. 🤔