Page 72 of 115 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1711

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    sorry, i have a bit of a habit reading comments on youtube cause i like getting an idea on what people are thinking and how they are responding to certain things, though i do know not everything people say is true, however because im not fully aware of how the comic book industry works as a business and whats its up to lately, so forgive my naivity especially since im still a newbie when it comes to comic books. Plus with the fact that so many people were saying the same things made me wonder if it was all true or not
    No need to apologize. You're new to the hobby, there's no reason you *would* know this stuff, until you ask about it! And the posters here are usually more than happy to help new members figure stuff out. We all started somewhere, right?

Bottom line is this my friend; the industry isn't in a great place. It hasn't been for a long, long time. And people have been saying comics were doomed for an even longer period of time. But we're still here. Now, technology is changing and society is changing with it and eventually comics are going to have to change too. But that doesn't mean they're going to disappear, and the pop culture power of these characters basically ensures that the medium will endure and survive in some shape or form. It might not be recognizable to old bastard fans like me; it might not be monthly floppies or print at all, but it'll be something, and it'll endure just like it always has.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I agree, Ascended, a good story is a good story and people always want something to watch or read that is good. I think the problem with comics is that there are a lot more choices in entertainments out there. Comics don't seem as excited as watching them live in shows and movies. Or watching something entirely different. Some people love reality shows (I hate most, because it's too much manipulation) like the Bachelor or what Kim Kardashian ate this morning. As long as Superman endures somehow in other mediums, it will be fine. Probably digitally or like the Holodeck in Star Trek. That would be awesome.

I think Warner Bros Animation should push to create a brand new dcau more closely in line with the post crises story tellings that allow for full exploration of the dc multiverse with great characterizations, storytelling and action scenes and less focus on batman and equal focus on all its characters with a great deal of diversity in storytelling, tone and settings, aswell as push for the creation of new content and original ideas for the franchise.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

August 2019 sales numbers:

Batman Superman #1 - 156,610

Superman - Year One #2 - 59,882

Superman #14 - 46,099

Action Comics #1014 - 41,801

Lois Lane #2 - 25,071

Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #2 - 21,880

Superman Up In The Sky #2 - 19,961

Superman of Smallville - 2,890

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-16-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Lois and Jimmy's books seems destined for "cult classic" status rather then as sales successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois and Jimmy's books seems destined for "cult classic" status rather then as sales successes.
    Did anyone expect otherwise? There’s a reason these are minis lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pesonally, I'm waiting for the collected trades. I only buy comics that way now. It's too expensive otherwise, sorry..

I've been hearing great things about the Lois book.

Arrow

True, I for one do not typically buy comic books which star non-superpowered individuals. It is a niche market within a niche market.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Well, Naomi was a mini, but end up selling more than 30K.

That said, Naomi doesn't start high. I think Naomi #2 sold even less than Lois and Jimmy's books in issue 2.

So, the sales of these minis could always grow (or not).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Superman #14 - 46,099

Lois Lane #2 - 25,071

Interesting that Superman Year One isn't selling that much better than standard Superman. Are his sales doomed to plateau no matter who's on writing/art or direction?

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Interesting that Superman Year One isn't selling that much better than standard Superman. Are his sales doomed to plateau no matter who's on writing/art or direction?
    It’s Frank Miller and Romita Jr on the book. Miller has become very controversial and plenty of people dislike Romita Jr’s. Art. Plus it’s another origin story when we’ve had something like three in this decade alone. People are bored of the same tired old journey from Smallville that we’ve seen over and over. DC needs to put a ban on Superman origin stories because people are bored of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Naomi was a mini, but end up selling more than 30K.

That said, Naomi doesn't start high. I think Naomi #2 sold even less than Lois and Jimmy's books in issue 2.

So, the sales of these minis could always grow (or not).
    Naomi became a speculator darling though, in no small part to the fact that people are assuming she'll be the next Miles Morales. There was about a week where the Action Comics 1003 variant was selling for like $25 on eBay because some moron said it was her first appearance.

Lois & Jimmy are selling pretty well for what they are - second tier books in the greater Superman franchise. Batgirl, Nightwing, Batman & The Outsiders, RH&TO all are in the same or worse position. Honestly, the fact that they are in that range is pretty good considering Batman and Detective have stronger followings and higher floors than Superman and Action Comics. Not to mention they are in the ballpark of Aquaman, which Lois actually outsold.

I don't see cardstock section for Superman sales unless my eyes deceive me. So that means Bendis' Superman is 2K away from Tomasi and Gleason's sales figures at the end of their two year Rebirth run where Bendis is still on his first year and Action Comics is basically selling the same as, if not lower than Jurgens' run was selling. Basically we're back to square one in terms of sales for the Superman comics which will only get a boost due to the secret identity reveal in December. Sales have essentially come full circle again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Superman #14 - 46,099

Lois Lane #2 - 25,071

And history repeats itself once more. But even I figured it would have some legs with rucka involved but i guess not.

Foxhound

I have a source at the DC office and he informed me that certain people high up in management are colluding with Diamond to suppress the sales numbers for Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen to suit their agenda for Superman.

Me telling you this won't change anything but the fans deserve to know the truth.
    Last edited by Foxhound; 09-16-2019 at 01:17 PM.