Page 127 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2505

They weren't talking to Hank, they were pissing off Ultron who thinks he's Hank.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They weren't talking to Hank, they were pissing off Ultron who thinks he's Hank.
    Is that how they're explaining away how he acted in Secret Empire?

Tony literally called him "Pym" in the same exchange and when Janet reaffirmed Tony's awfulness, she called him "Hank" and they were clearly talking about the history of Hank.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Tony knows that it's Ultron. He only starts calling him Hank when he meets him because he knows that he thinks he is Hank. If Tony and Jan say offensive things about Hank that they don't mean, it'll throw Ultron off. When Tony is calling himself the cool alpha male that Jan wanted while Hank was always a loser, he obviously doesn't mean that, but it works on Pymtron. They're just baiting him. That's his weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that how they're explaining away how he acted in Secret Empire?
    The reason that Pymtron's existence was convenient for Secret Empire was because it provided a good way to follow the theme of the Avengers' failures by having a warped founding member mouthpiece tell them what's wrong. He thinks he's Hank. You can just play him like evil Hank. He has all the same quirks.

The reason that Pymtron's existence was convenient for Secret Empire was because it provided a good way to follow the theme of the Avengers' failures by having a warped founding member mouthpiece tell them what's wrong. He thinks he's Hank. You can just play him like evil Hank. He has all the same quirks.
    Just so we don't assume he is actually Hank. Although once the reveal happened in Uncanny Ultron didn't seem to have much problem acknowledging who he really was, otherwise his line about killing Hank Pym to Vision wouldn't have made any sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That issue was intense!
    Very!!

I really dug this issue. Aside from all the high stakes action (that cliffhanger!), it had some wonderfully funny bits too. I love the robot sub-culture that Slott and Zub have been developing and it's clear they're having a ball coming up with amusing slang and terminology to go along with it.

At the end of Uncanny he didn't even know which one he was. The poor boy is very confused. Get him help, too.

Tony knows that it's Ultron. He only starts calling him Hank when he meets him because he knows that he thinks he is Hank. If Tony and Jan say offensive things about Hank that they don't mean, it'll throw Ultron off. When Tony is calling himself the cool alpha male that Jan wanted while Hank was always a loser, he obviously doesn't mean that, but it works on Pymtron. They're just baiting him. That's his weakness.

It did not read like that at all. They started doing that sort of thing after that exchange happened and it is clear that Tony had the idea to do that based on another thought he had.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Tony's outgunned, he tries to be assertive, fails, tries to appeal to Pymtron's mercy, fails, and then he and Jan go for the low blows, and that makes him stutter. That was the stategy. It kinda worked.

Tony's outgunned, he tries to be assertive, fails, tries to appeal to Pymtron's mercy, fails, and then he and Jan go for the low blows, and that makes him stutter. That was the stategy. It kinda worked.
    He came up with the go for the low blow strategy after this exchange happened. You can literally see it happen in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    It did not read like that at all. They started doing that sort of thing after that exchange happened and it is clear that Tony had the idea to do that based on another thought he had.
    He got the idea to do that when he said to himself that he had to focus. So to make Ultron lose focus he started to attack him on both fronts Ultron believed he was, Hank and Ultron. Tony and Janet said things about Hank to get Ultron, who thinks he's both, to think on that, and then Machine Man said things about Jacosta to Ultron to insult him on that half, thus making him lose focus. They all picked up on what Tony was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    He got the idea to do that when he said to himself that he had to focus. So to make Ultron lose focus he started to attack him on both fronts Ultron believed he was, Hank and Ultron. Tony and Janet said things about Hank to get Ultron, who thinks he's both, to think on that, and then Machine Man said things about Jacosta to Ultron to insult him on that half, thus making him lose focus. They all picked up on what Tony was doing.
    He said the things I mentioned before he decided to make Ultron lose focus. And came up with the idea based on a whole different thought.

He didn't insult Pym, because Pym's soul is long dead, eaten by the monster Devondra. He insulted an Ultron who thinks he's Pym and so responds to insults directed at Pym. And it was all done to save lives, not out of malice.

At the end of Uncanny he didn't even know which one he was. The poor boy is very confused. Get him help, too.
    He seemed pretty clear that he was Ultron using Pym's face by the end, especially after the reveal. Any time he acted like Pym it was just to rub it in the heroes faces or throw them off.

He doesn't deserve help .