Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2210
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    was it ever explained why Rachel never went back to her own timeline? She came to 616 and realized it wasnt hers when she saw that Jean was dead and Scott married and got Madelyne pregnant. She obviously went back in time to the wrong timeline so why didnt she leave and go backk to the one that she originated from? Why accept and try to make 616 her own?
    Initially she didn't even know she could physically send her self through time, and assumed she was stuck. Likely the Phoenix Force was preventing her from doing it so she would not have to face death. Then she made a home and family here in 616 so it was understandable when after "fixing" her own timeline in Excalibur she came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Initially she didn't even know she could physically send her self through time, and assumed she was stuck. Likely the Phoenix Force was preventing her from doing it so she would not have to face death. Then she made a home and family here in 616 so it was understandable when after "fixing" her own timeline in Excalibur she came back.
    Plus there is no one in her world that she knew left alive, everyone that she knew is dead. They altered the Sentinels to protect all life in that world using the cyborg Kate Pryde / Widget to accomplish this, but in the end the world population was decimated because the Sentinels had used nuclear bombs against any countries that opposed their rule. By the time Excalibur went to 811 Earth the Sentinels ruled the entire planet and they were attempting to build portals to other universes so they could destroy and prevent mutation in other realities and the 1st world on their list was 616 Earth where Rachel, Nimrod, Ghost Franklin, and Ahab all went.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because Bishop didn't stay in his? Earth-811 is a doomed wasteland controlled by sentinels.
    It wasnt like that until years after she was born. Originally she went into the past, thinking she had gone to her timeline before it got doomed; she never did that bc she landed in 616 instead

It wasnt like that until years after she was born. Originally she went into the past, thinking she had gone to her timeline before it got doomed; she never did that bc she landed in 616 instead
    So you keep suggesting that Rachel should just leave the 616 universe and return to her own! She can't change the past in her world, every time she tries to go back in time on her planet she ends up in 616, it's like some kind of safe guard in her cronoskimming that prevents her from changing anything that would interfere in her own existence.

Laterally the 616 universe is about 20 years behind the 811 universe because time is running different between the two. When Rachel goes to 811 she is still 20 years in the future plus the time she has been in 616. So when she returns to 811 everyone is still dead, the Sentinels may not be killing anyone anymore but they are still running the show because they were just reprogrammed to take care of all living things now. The population is still massively decimated for both Mutants and Humans in 811.

Going back to her world she can't bring anyone back, she can't bring Jean and Scott or anyone back, she is unable to change the past in her own world. She doesn't want to live there because she hates living in a world ruled over by Sentinels, even if they are programmed to be nice now.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So you keep suggesting that Rachel should just leave the 616 universe and return to her own! She can't change the past in her world, every time she tries to go back in time on her planet she ends up in 616, it's like some kind of safe guard in her cronoskimming that prevents her from changing anything that would interfere in her own existence.

Laterally the 616 universe is about 20 years behind the 811 universe because time is running different between the two. When Rachel goes to 811 she is still 20 years in the future plus the time she has been in 616. So when she returns to 811 everyone is still dead, the Sentinels may not be killing anyone anymore but they are still running the show because they were just reprogrammed to take care of all living things now. The population is still massively decimated for both Mutants and Humans in 811.

Going back to her world she can't bring anyone back, she can't bring Jean and Scott or anyone back, she is unable to change the past in her own world. She doesn't want to live there because she hates living in a world ruled over by Sentinels, even if they are programmed to be nice now.
    Do yourself a favor and just put me on ignore bc you have trouble reading and responding to what I actually write. Not once in this thread have I ever said Rachel should leave 616 and definitely not in that post you quoted. I posted a question to prompt a different discussion and you just took it and ran left with it

Do yourself a favor and just put me on ignore bc you have trouble reading and responding to what I actually write. Not once in this thread have I ever said Rachel should leave 616 and definitely not in that post you quoted. I posted a question to prompt a different discussion and you just took it and ran left with it
    In her defense, the tone of your question was fairly confrontational. It read as someone asking "She isn't welcome in 616 why doesn't she just leave?"

In her defense, the tone of your question was fairly confrontational. It read as someone asking "She isn't welcome in 616 why doesn't she just leave?"
    No thats you and she reaching with that interpretation but its not anything I had written or implied. I did not read early Excalibur so I had no clue if this was addressed there or not bc I dont recall Claremont getting into it in UXM.

No thats you and she reaching with that interpretation but its not anything I had written or implied. I did not read early Excalibur so I had no clue if this was addressed there or not bc I dont recall Claremont getting into it in UXM.
    I did answer your question though, the reason she didn't stay in 811 after they reprogrammed the Sentinels. She decided there was no place for her in the 811 so she returned to the 616 with the Excalibur team.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Then she made a home and family here in 616 so it was understandable when after "fixing" her own timeline in Excalibur she came back.
    Yeah, that's a good reason. She wasn't born on this timeline but she already made a life here, why would she leave?

Remember how I just said your posts in this thread come off as confrontational? I wasn't "reaching". I saw it as being confrontational. So did RachelGrey.

Remember how I just said your posts in this thread come off as confrontational? I wasn't "reaching". I saw it as being confrontational. So did RachelGrey.
    You should take a step back and look at your own posts bc you've been coming for me even when you're not being addressed

You should take a step back and look at your own posts bc you've been coming for me even when you're not being addressed
    Because your tone in this thread has been hostile for a long time. Pointing out that Jean and Scott aren't actually her parents and she should forget having any kind of meaningful relationship with them may be "technically" correct, but it does nothing but the hurt the character the thread is supposed to be appreciating. Then blaming the reader for not getting the facts makes it look worse.

It looks like how the Emma thread gets with someone asking "What would be a good X-team for Emma" and someone responding that she's always been evil and never cared about the X-Men so she should go back to blowing up ponies. While that IS an opinion about Emma, responding to a question about Emma with the X-Men comes off as needlessly attacking the character. Your initial response to Rachel asking about Jean and Rachel acting as mother and daughter may be an opinion that doesn't "technically" attack the character, but it comes off as needlessly doing so.

art by Magickmarker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker
    That's a good way to break the tension in here lol. Also I love the shirt.... Phoenixes do it in the ash.... lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    That's a good way to break the tension in here lol. Also I love the shirt.... Phoenixes do it in the ash.... lol
    And the "Stop hounding me" is pretty accurate.