Page 128 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Bruce Timm Namor vs Iron Man! Would love a Bruce Timm Namor animated series.
    Agreed. Also, Bruce Timm Namor VS. OG Human Torch:

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I think John Buscema drew what I think is one of the most definitive images of Namor.

Agreed. Big John's Namor is a real classic (IMHO).

Mighty Member

Another Subby vs Hulk image

Mighty Member

From Fantastic Four Unlimited #11, the first appearance of the Man of War and the cool fight against Namor. After Morgan Le Fay raised Atlantis Portugal's military, the US Marines and Roxxon wage war trying to claim the dead city only to be attacked by a raging King Namor. Then the Man of War, the secret weapon of these poachers emerges to challenge Namor. The most powerful terrifying jellyfish monster engulfs the hero with the most exposed skin in a slugfest that virtually makes my skin feel the burn just thinking about it.

Last edited by Thor-El; 09-22-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Was ManOWar a human at one point, or was he developed through genetic experimentation? They need to nail down his design, he looks completely different each time I see him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Was ManOWar a human at one point, or was he developed through genetic experimentation? They need to nail down his design, he looks completely different each time I see him.
    There is some information around about Manowar https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Manowar_(Earth-616)
    but it doesn't says if it was a man. Knowing Roxxon is behind it I wouldn't doubt it. I think Roxxon makes the best adversary for Namor but really hate how his Defenders of the Deep which Manowar was part of is comprised of some of Namor's best super villains.

Actually it says its a mutated jellyfish https://comicvine.gamespot.com/manowar/4005-4833/
    Last edited by Thor-El; 09-22-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Word on the comic grapevine is that Namor may be showing or have a mention in tomorrow's Powers of X issue!!! Cool panels thor el, thought i must admit that i never liked Namor with longer hair XD! I will check back in tomorrow if my issue has anything with namor!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Big John's Namor is a real classic (IMHO).
    Yeah, also a shout out to Bill Everett's original design (Marvel Mystery Comics #21, July 1941):

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-24-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yeah, also a shout of to Bill Everett's original design (Marvel Mystery Comics #21, July 1941):

I like this look of muscles--it has a different look due to the shading. Also, Namor is not drawn too thin.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Namor appeared on POX#5. He was pretty badass, I hope he has a role on the future of the X-men. Hickman seems to like him

X-Men SPOILERS
    Namor appears in this issue and here are the scans. I predict spoilers:
    that Namor will be joining the Council of 12 and that Emma will be the one who insisted that Namor join them since she said she needed an extra seat on the council. He might have more a role in future X Books
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Namor appeared on POX#5. He was pretty badass, I hope he has a role on the future of the X-men. Hickman seems to like him
    Hickman did use him in his Avengers stories so I was just wondered when and if Namor was going to show and it seems like he has, I have a feeling he might have more to do in the future, though I don't know whether or not Hickman is following along with Invaders.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have to agree -- but Hickman usually gives Namor some great lines and dialogue.

At one time, when he was writing New Avengers, he said Namor was one of his favorite characters.

I'm still torn about Namor on the X-Men though. Especially given the events of the Invaders. But it would be great exposure and it would give Hickman a chance to finish up / fix what he did to Namor in the New Avengers story.

I'm curious about that last line, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hickman did use him in his Avengers stories so I was just wondered when and if Namor was going to show and it seems like he has, I have a feeling he might have more to do in the future, though I don't know whether or not Hickman is following along with Invaders.
    Thanks for the scans, IW! Reminds me of the scene you recently posted with Namor and Shaw and the eyebrow line. LOL!

Hickman also had him his FF run. He really had to at least mention Namor, given he is the first mutant. And some great art of that throne!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I can't remember which issue of PoX or HoX it is, but Magneto is seen sitting on that same throne with the octopus head and clamshell backrest.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have to agree -- but Hickman usually gives Namor some great lines and dialogue.

At one time, when he was writing New Avengers, he said Namor was one of his favorite characters.

I'm still torn about Namor on the X-Men though. Especially given the events of the Invaders. But it would be great exposure and it would give Hickman a chance to finish up / fix what he did to Namor in the New Avengers story.

I'm curious about that last line, though.
    Yep, I'm still not quite on boar about him saying lines like ""they will never accept you or love you -- not because you don't deserve it -- but because they envy you." in spite of the mudslinging the humans have done.