Page 51 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Daniel Jones is playing like a typical rookie QB. He's struggling of course as we knew he would against a solid defense. Bill Belichick is gonna be 12-0 against rookie QB's in his time. He knows how to get after them and force them into mistakes.

I'd go ahead and give Jones the rest of night off. This game is over. Its under 4-5 minutes and down 2 , 2TD's . Let Eli do mop up duty if you get the ball back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

1. Tom Brady now has more rushing TD's with the Patriots than Michael Vick did with the Falcons and is the oldest player with two rushing TD's in a game.

2. Daniel Jones did not have an easy night and was forced to throw into many tight windows because of the suffocating Patriots secodary. He actually completed more passed in tight windows than any QB in the league so far this year. That said, he still had a horrible night. You just can't expect a QB to play well doing that

I think the Patriots offense has surrendered more points to the opposition this season than the Patriots defense.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Speaking of Patriots , on IDiscovery they are playing the Aaron Hernandez story from 48 Hours. Urban Meyer is on it and details that he honestly was taken in by Hernandez actions like where it was daily Aaron would have these melt downs in his office over losing his father. That he would join him to read the bible. Then there was a bar fight he was involved in that Meyer had no clue about as his friend kept it a secret.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of Patriots , on IDiscovery they are playing the Aaron Hernandez story from 48 Hours. Urban Meyer is on it and details that he honestly was taken in by Hernandez actions like where it was daily Aaron would have these melt downs in his office over losing his father. That he would join him to read the bible. Then there was a bar fight he was involved in that Meyer had no clue about as his friend kept it a secret.
    The whole Hernandez affair was really a tragedy about a guy who didn’t escape his demons despite the opportunity. The more you learn about his past the more you understand why he was so messed up. Doesn’t excuse what he did, but it’s easier to get how he got to that point

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Urban Meyer is on it and details that he honestly was taken in by Hernandez actions
    You can't stop right there, Urban LIAR is also just that. I couldn't give a fk less about what HE ever claims to be on the level about anything football related and/or beyond. He's proven that on more than one occasion.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The whole Hernandez affair was really a tragedy about a guy who didn’t escape his demons despite the opportunity. The more you learn about his past the more you understand why he was so messed up. Doesn’t excuse what he did, but it’s easier to get how he got to that point
    Meyer and Belichick are close and showed the 2 men sitting together. He felt , Aaron's going to a solid coach and team. As he told New England ...your getting a great player its just keeping good people around him is the deal.

Dr. Bennett Omalu (Concussion doctor) is on detailing that Aaron had CTE. As Patterson details you mix PCP with weed and this ...with issues of anger over losing his father then you get the situation. Honestly Hernandez should have been placed in therapy years ago in college. To handle issues of losing his father. Had Meyer known how bad it was or New England. But the cocktail he won mixed with CTE was a ticking time bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    You can't stop right there, Urban LIAR is also just that. I couldn't give a fk less about what HE ever claims to be on the level about anything football related and/or beyond. He's proven that on more than one occasion.
    Yeah beyond the whole bar fight situation ; the rest I can believe. He just detailed Aaron had talent on field and played great. That he would join him for looking at bible. Beyond that Meyer didn't really add anything big. No big revelation. That Hernandez would at times have a melt down and it concerned losing his father.

They should just stop pretending to review PI penalties. Its a big charade.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its likely not to matter again tonight, but man Brady looks terrible again. I mean, not as bad as Jones but, different standards and all that.
    334 yards, 1 INT, 31/41, 124.9 QBR.

Sounds old to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

In case anyone forgot (or, didn't care), XFL 2.0 will soon launch, and do so with an....interesting salary structure:

XFL tells agents that average player salary will be $55,000
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    and Terrell Suggs... but they need better coverage to give them time to get there.

Again, I'm not gonna pick a winner, but I think this one's gonna be a shootout in the 30 or 40 point range, given the weapons and the suspect defenses.
    Sizzle is a Cardinal now?! **** how'd that get past me... I've seen a couple Bmore games this season and I did wondered why they hadn't mentioned him name like at all... huh.

Anyway, if the Cardinals whoop the Falcons Arthur Blank needs to send a pair of goons to one of his many Home Depot's to pick up some duct tape and pvc in preparation for the smash job they do on Quinn's office on Sunday night. No question the Atlanta D is sus but they have weapons still and they are not being used whatsoever. They let that young boi Murray cut loose on them- I don't care if he is at home, Quinn is gonna be deserving for whatever static he gets. As bad as the Braves got it taken to them you'd think some regional sports pride would kick in.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In case anyone forgot (or, didn't care), XFL 2.0 will soon launch, and do so with an....interesting salary structure:

Ouch. Wonder what, if any, benefits package that includes. Do they even get rudimentary medical insurance with that?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Sounds old to me.
    We have seen this repeatedly over the years. Whenever anyone be it fan or sports writer doubts Tom Brady and his age ; he basically will show he's not a normal human. He has done it for years. Sure he made mistakes in that game with a bad Int and fumble. But hell...even when he's a bit off ...he's still Tom Brady. The greatest QB that has ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Ouch. Wonder what, if any, benefits package that includes. Do they even get rudimentary medical insurance with that?
    I have to wonder if they will. This has shades of the 1st XFL as that struggled with bad play etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Sounds old to me.
    Brady's line has major issues this season - anyone will look mortal behind that.

And while it may be his goal to play until he is 45, I think Stidham's rookie contract is Brady's timer with New England.
    Dark does not mean deep.