Page 500 of 626 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by bevilacq12 View Post
    Jean returned to the Marvel Girl costume in the Dark Phoenix Saga after Xavier temporarily bested her and placed mental blocks in her mind to prevent the Phoenix from returning. The Phoenix DID of course eventually break through the blocks during the Shi'ar trial, but they provided a temporary reprieve.

So given Jean's current return to the costume and Hickman's "hint" that he expected people to figure this out, it seems likely to me that Xavier has once again meddled in Jean's mind. She definitely seemed underpowered in their Mother Mold mission; her true power could lead to her figuring out Xavier/Magneto/Moira's secrets; and we know Xavier has control over the mind backup process and resurrection process - so that's evidence, motive, and means, in addition to the meta-symbolism.
    I thought about this before, but I found it a bit dumb because everyone else is theirselves and repeat the same story with Jean now fully adult and powerful would be tiresome.

but now with Hickman explanation it all makes sense, Xavier probably blocked via ressurrection, so jean couldn't notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd die if they gave us a green variant of the blue X-Factor costume.

I bow to Jean in this costume.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Newer compared to the dress, yeah.
    I didn't read it in that context, but hopefully that means we get a revamped revolution outfit!

I hope the new green and gold costume is awesome so that it can be Jean's costume for a while and one that we all like.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Dauterman has said a couple times that Jean's Revolution look is underrated. Doubt it counts as "newer" though.
    Newer is relative. It was stated in reference to the MG costume from the 60s so Revolution would be considered one of her newer suits even though it technically isnt new

The Red Dragon

Hopefully it’s her revolution or all new xmen costume! If it’s the red costume...if you put make up on a piece of poop, it’s still a piece of poop.

The Red Dragon

Dauterman said his favorite Jean looks are her green phoenix costume, jim lee 90s, Quietly New X-Men, or Kubert’s revolution one.

“One of Jean’s newer costumes”

My first guess Xmen red costume recolored.

But then I figure he would have said “most recent” vs “one of her newer”. So that makes me think pre-anxm (I don’t see Hickman considering teen jean to be the same character even though it is. It’s just an instinct that I think he’s bypassing the anxm costumes).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Reading the interview I’m leaning more towards the Revolution look as well at least I’m hoping). Though I’m wondering why Hickman wants to pay homage to Jean with the mini skirt and right around the time she first encounters the Phoenix.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    (I don’t see Hickman considering teen jean to be the same character even though it is. It’s just an instinct that I think he’s bypassing the anxm costumes).
    It could be. Many people never accepted the time displaced teens as the same characters. So technically her more recent costumes before the X-men Red costume were her Morrison coat and the revolution suit but those are more than a decade old so hardly new.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-14-2019 at 04:51 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Reading the interview I’m leaning more towards the Revolution look as well at least I’m hoping). Though I’m wondering why Hickman wants to pay homage to Jean with the mini skirt and right around the time she first encounters the Phoenix.
    I think he’s implying Jean has been reset to that point as he says he’s not revealing the story which means there is a story reason for it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I thought about this before, but I found it a bit dumb because everyone else is theirselves and repeat the same story with Jean now fully adult and powerful would be tiresome.

but now with Hickman explanation it all makes sense, Xavier probably blocked via ressurrection, so jean couldn't notice it.
    Maybe Jean died off panel before Xavier established Krakoa in a battle against him or something, and he edited her mind so that she wouldn't actually fight him, seeing as Krakoa is notably AGAINST what Jean wanted with her own mutant nation.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

When I first read the X-men Monday I did think he may have been teasing something Phoenix related, but that could be my own bias. He also could be hinting that she has been reset by an older mind back up - maybe she did it because of living so much trauma and he also said someone might do it for a broken heart (gag! I hope Jean would not do it for either of those reasons). Sometimes you have to go backward before you can go forward .. so who knows why Jean is in the Marvel Girl costume. Maybe we will find out soon.

I do like that Jean will remain in the green and gold. I would love to see Jean in the Revolution era costume but in the green one that we never got (besides two preview covers).

I also like the omega mutant explanation. We definitely do not need additional omega mutants. I like that he is bringing the mutants powers to more reasonable levels. I suspect that Jean isn't an omega tk to keep her from being overpowered (but in that case she probably wouldn't go Phoenix again).

I'd like to see Jean have the phoenix costume and codename but not necessarily have the force, but I do think Hickman could write a really good Phoenix. The voice he gave Phoenix-Cyclops in Secret Wars sounded a lot like Jean (in my opinion). I think he could do some great stuff with Jean like Morrison did.

It is an exciting time to be an X-men fan. As you all know I was highly critical of Hickman's Jean in the space mission issue, but I am willing to give him a shot. I love everything else and Jean has been written well in the last House of X issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can someone mock up that green/gold X-Men Red uniform? Hopefully she gets rid of the bulky shoulder pads.
    Someone already did, months ago. It's on the forum somewhere. Probably earlier in this thread.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'd like to see Jean have the phoenix costume and codename but not necessarily have the force, but I do think Hickman could write a really good Phoenix. The voice he gave Phoenix-Cyclops in Secret Wars sounded a lot like Jean (in my opinion). I think he could do some great stuff with Jean like Morrison did.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman recycled his script for Teen Jean (as Phoenix?) for Cyclops in Secret Wars. There has to be a reason that she was on the covers but never showed up.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey