Page 120 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Also, for NXM appearances to watch out for next week, Melody Guthrie is showing up in the main story of the Fearless finale, written by Seanan McGuire and drawn by Claire Roe: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-4/

We know they can resurrect the dead (well, those who kept their powers anyway - which means they can bring back Wallflower and Icarus) but do they have a way to repower M-Day victims yet? Melody might not have to wait long to fly again if they can figure that out - though they'll probably need to give her a new codename thanks to the Agent of Atlas called Aero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, whatever they get called, they're their own group and should have their own thread.
    I will always prefer calling them the "New X-Men" over "Young X-Men"

Even when the latter was announced I always felt like that name was just riding on the coattails of the Young Avengers

And Young X-Men was just a terrible series, and you shouldn't want the association

Interesting but looks like they are making everybody "New Mutants" now. New Mutants A roster looks like it will be rotating in people from Gen X, New Mutants B roster has Armor and company.

With Ink having been basically a “Purifier-for-hire” with Pierce, non-mutant, and probably kicked out for not meeting the “mutant only” requirement for Krakoa, do y’all think Mister Gitter is gonna have a heel-turn? His whole character is that he’s alone or sumthn so I think of his only found family abandons him, he’ll probably take it more personally than say Dr Rao or Stevie Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know they can resurrect the dead (well, those who kept their powers anyway - which means they can bring back Wallflower and Icarus) but do they have a way to repower M-Day victims yet? Melody might not have to wait long to fly again if they can figure that out - though they'll probably need to give her a new codename thanks to the Agent of Atlas called Aero.
    I don’t think they have found a way yet, but it’s definitely something that X is looking to undo. But the depowered kids that also died must have to go through another process. I hope this doesn’t mean they’re just lost and can’t come back because Tag, DJ, Dryad, Network, and Rubber Maid deserve Krakoa just as much as the main New X-Men. As for the codename, yeah with the push they’re giving the new Agents of Atlas, I can’t see her coming back as Aero but they could spin it with an in-universe reason of her picking a new mutant name that doesn’t remind her of M-Day/Decimation.

With Ink having been basically a “Purifier-for-hire” with Pierce, non-mutant, and probably kicked out for not meeting the “mutant only” requirement for Krakoa, do y’all think Mister Gitter is gonna have a heel-turn? His whole character is that he’s alone or sumthn so I think of his only found family abandons him, he’ll probably take it more personally than say Dr Rao or Stevie Hunter.
    I hope SOMEONE does something interesting with the guy. I don't like him, but he had a lot of potential for conflict that Guggs completely glossed over in favor of making him a plot convenience.

Didn't Guggenheim CREATE Ink? He debuted in his Young X-Men, right? Which is also why he used him in Gold. Why would he not try to maximise his potential?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Didn't Guggenheim CREATE Ink? He debuted in his Young X-Men, right? Which is also why he used him in Gold. Why would he not try to maximise his potential?
    Yup. As to the second part, I think Guggenheim is a mediocre writer on his best days; it's a lot easier (and flattering to the character he created) to use Ink as deux-ex than to explore some of his potentially troubling aspects.

Ultimate Member

I can’t see her coming back as Aero but they could spin it with an in-universe reason of her picking a new mutant name that doesn’t remind her of M-Day/Decimation.
    She could choose to honor the dead 'Wing' by poaching his name, assuming he, for whatever reason, either doesn't return to life, or chooses not to be re-empowered if he does return to life...

That name wouldn't make sense, since she doesn't have wings. Besides, they probably WOULD bring Wing back, if it's possible.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

That name wouldn't make sense, since she doesn't have wings. Besides, they probably WOULD bring Wing back, if it's possible.
    Wing didn't have wings either tho.

Also, why would anyone assume they even CAN bring back Wing given that he was human when he died.

Wing, Winger* & Wingest.

*Cue 80s rock jokes.

Ultimate Member

No more than it 'made sense' for Wing, who didn't have wings, either.

Or Colleen Wing. But that's just a funny coincidence.

Inspired by our fried Graco's Magik pic seen here

Pick a NXM and three Pokemon that would fit them.

Hellion: Lucario, Aloha Raichu, Hydreigon
    Last edited by The Big G; 10-21-2019 at 11:23 PM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Here's three more

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.