Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That site was never "cool." A bunch of juvenile bullies that probably drove a few vulnerable people to suicide.
    Admittedly, a lot of SA goons are close to the 4Chan cuck-boys. So yeah, LOTS of dumb fuckery mixed in with some good things like the creation of Slender Man, Chuck Norris memes. I had some giggles.

I'm going to add Consequence of Sound to my list.

They've gotten pretty list/ranking heavy, which just isn't my interest, but I still read the "news".
    Last edited by Joker; 10-19-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Admittedly, a lot of SA goons are close to the 4Chan cuck-boys. So yeah, LOTS of dumb fuckery mixed in with some good things like the creation of Slender Man, Chuck Norris memes. I had some giggles.
    Speaking of 4chan. The place was always a wretched hive, but there were definitely parts of it that were either too obscure or too slow moving for the trolls to bother with, letting lots of small communities and fandoms pop up there that didn't survive anywhere else. That's not really the case anymore, the slime is spread pretty evenly now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Yes, the Slender Man creation certainly was part of the "coolness."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man_stabbing

I don't know if it was ever considered "cool or good" but I used to post in the DC forums. It got kind of hostile after a while and they canceled it.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I don't know if it was ever considered "cool or good" but I used to post in the DC forums. It got kind of hostile after a while and they canceled it.
    While "Good" or "Cool" will never be the same thing for everyone, I always had to give them points for that they had a "Wildstorm" sub-forum after buying the imprint and that they left the "Vertigo" sub-forum up for a while after it might not have been justifiable.

Minor points off for when they dumped all of the Vertigo comics into one big "General Discussion" section.

That was a mess.

the old DC Forums were always a garbage fire.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    the old DC Forums were always a garbage fire.
    Early on they weren’t.

Anyone remember the old Newsarama forums?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    CBR used to have actual articles and columns worth reading instead of listicles
    They still seem to have that, but it is not like I come here for their articles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Early on they weren’t.

Seems more like their userbase migrated over to the Outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Speaking of 4chan. The place was always a wretched hive, but there were definitely parts of it that were either too obscure or too slow moving for the trolls to bother with, letting lots of small communities and fandoms pop up there that didn't survive anywhere else. That's not really the case anymore, the slime is spread pretty evenly now.
    It's basically Stormfront Mk II now with all their racism and anti-semitism.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 10-19-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

In a subset of CBR, YABS.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Early on they weren’t.

Memory failing here but did they (the forums) have an Off Topic area called, "The Gutters"?

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Yes, the Slender Man creation certainly was part of the "coolness."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man_stabbing
    I'm talking about the Photoshop threads where they stuck Slender_Man into things like (in)famous B&W pictures like the Elvis getting drafted into the Army or the Hindenburg tragedy.

The Slender_Man stabbing was just dumb fuckery.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Early on they weren’t.

I was there. I enjoyed it at the time. Bruce Wayne is right, though. The Outhouse started out as a place where people tired of the garbage at the Newsarama site could go to talk comics. But the trolls came over too, and both sites went downhill.

Are we even allowed to complain about CBR? I thought since the accounts purge and restart they didn't allow negative comments on here.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."