Page 466 of 662 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    remember what a generator actually does though. it doesnt create energy from nothing. I'm inclined to think what lordalmighty said a while ago that she took the moisture from around her body to create the rain.
    Oooh ok, well we alredy know Ororo can do that, she can turn clear sunny days into full hurricane war-zones
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-22-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That's fine when it comes to energy but what about matter? Would ororo be able to generate hydrogen atoms?
    no she wouldnt. do you recall what she did when fought silver surfer in space? she had to pull the stray hydrogen atoms to create a "hydrogen bomb" to stop his assault in gravitron.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

no she wouldnt. do you recall what she did when fought silver surfer in space? she had to pull the stray hydrogen atoms to create a "hydrogen bomb" to stop his assault in gravitron.
    Yhea, of course, just trying to figure out how the godhead mode may factor into her powers since she is already able to do pretty much whatever she wants with her weather powers whitout being faith powered
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

remember what a generator actually does though. it doesnt create energy from nothing. I'm inclined to think what lordalmighty said a while ago that she took the moisture from around her body to create the rain.
    It's possible but imo that is short changing storm. Especially when her powers are to manipulate the energies that make up weather. So by manipulating those energies she is generating weather phenom. She can control the weather as it exists but now she can use energies to generate it. At least that is how I am going to view it. If she used the moisture in the air that would be manipulation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oooh ok, well we alredy know Ororo can do that, she can turn clear sunny days into full hurricane war-zones
    yes exactly.

Yhea, of course, just trying to figure out how the godhead mode may factor into her powers since she is already able to do pretty much whatever she wants with her weather powers whitout being faith powered
    I think it's too early to say. we know from the marvel book it gives her immeasurable strength and power. as you stated when in this mode she may be able to create weather from nothing. I think her powers may be able extend beyond just weather but it hasnt been really been explained. what do you think she should be able to do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes exactly.

I think it's too early to say. we know from the marvel book it gives her immeasurable strength and power. as you stated when in this mode she may be able to create weather from nothing. I think her powers may be able extend beyond just weather but it hasnt been really been explained. what do you think she should be able to do.
    I think somehow elemental gods ar not just simple elemental personifications but also extend their domain to aspect linked to their particular elemental sphere of influence by how it influences and inspires the human soul, storm is basicly a sky goddes so I expect her to be tied to elements like freedom, justice, infinity, order, fertility (life) and sovereignty....notice how some of her best feats seems to be linked to these aspects of our reality, it's almost like she is powered up by them or the need to ensure they are preserved: the n'garai trying to trap her inside their idol, the galactic core and the brood, rogue storm, the adversary etc......so I do expect her powers to be particularly relevant whenever the enemy is menacing what she hold dear the most, I also expect that when her godhead is in full mode not everything she does can be explained by science (even the marvel universe one) some things can only be considered "miracles" if gods are supposed to be real.

Ps. I really dont know if all this can be properly conveyed in a comic book setting, I'm just expressing the way I feel about her character.
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-23-2019 at 12:42 AM.

omg I'm so jealous!!! I love it!
    Thanks! They were expensive af tho

Attachment 88589

I really wish I was more excited for this book. The reviews are making me feel like it's X-Men Gold again. I didn't add it to my list of comics yet. I will let you all do the "dirty work" and read it first before I invest, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Attachment 88589

I really wish I was more excited for this book. The reviews are making me feel like it's X-Men Gold again. I didn't add it to my list of comics yet. I will let you all do the "dirty work" and read it first before I invest, LOL
    I hope kitty pryde and emma frost involment doesent ruin this book for me

I hope kitty pryde and emma frost involment doesent ruin this book for me
    Exactly how I feel, though more Kitty than Emma.

I am still trying to wrap my arm around Kitty in the lead with Emma, Storm and Bishop there. The premise better be damn good.

Attachment 88589

My excitement deflated the more they kept talking about it and in the past week it went to 0. No hate but i have no interest in Kitty or Emma

Attachment 88589

Well, I'm happy Kitty fans get another book to read.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I like Emma but Kitty irritates my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I like Emma but Kitty irritates my soul.
    Tell me about it. She's like that gnat on your tv that you're always sure you squashed until it pops up again.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's possible but imo that is short changing storm. Especially when her powers are to manipulate the energies that make up weather. So by manipulating those energies she is generating weather phenom. She can control the weather as it exists but now she can use energies to generate it. At least that is how I am going to view it. If she used the moisture in the air that would be manipulation.
    maybe I'm mistaken but I was under the impression she always manipulated the energies as they exist in nature to create weather.

I think somehow elemental gods ar not just simple elemental personification but also extend their domain to aspect linked to their particular elemental sphere of influence by how it influences and inspires the human soul, storm is basicly a sky goddes so I expect her to be tied to elements like freedom, justice, infinity, order, fertility (life) and sovereignty....notice how some of her best feats seems to be linked to these aspects of our reality, it's almost like she is powered up by them or the need to ensure they are preserved: the n'garai trying to trap her inside their idol, the galactic core and the brood, rogue storm, the adversary etc......so I do expect her powers to be particularly relevant whenever the enemy is menacing what she hold dear the most, I also expect that when her godhead is in full mode not everything she does can be explained by science (even the marvel universe one) some things can only be considered "miracles" if gods are supposed to be real.

Ps. I really dont know if all this can be properly conveyed in a comic book setting, I'm just expressing the way I feel about her character.
    I really love this breakdown and explanation. I would never associated such concepts of being a sky goddess to that of elements you mentioned. I know the hadari yao looks to preserve the balance of all natural things, which could definitely include the elements you mentioned. it's very beautiful and I would love to see this in some fashion. we saw q bit of her trying to bring balance by bringing forth chaos in shuri's book and it was done by her weather manipulation abilities but I would most certainly love to see some other attempts to display those attributes you mentioned. thank you!!