Page 597 of 744 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647697 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I just checked what Coates claims brought peace to Wakanda:

1) Appeasing the rebel Dora and bringing democracy.
    2) Defeating Klaw. (Again).
    3) And "most importantly, making Wakanda remember its deep past".

I'll leave the other folks to decide if that counts as a "feat" or merely Coates trying to make his stories the reason for Wakanda becoming the utopia it was before he ever wrote the book.
    In the least I'm sure in the eyes of a political writer, bringing demoncracy to a nation is one of the bigger feats a hero could possibly accomplish. But it's definately not something that helps him on the Rumbles boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I just checked what Coates claims brought peace to Wakanda:

1) Appeasing the rebel Dora and bringing democracy.
    2) Defeating Klaw. (Again).
    3) And "most importantly, making Wakanda remember its deep past".

I'll leave the other folks to decide if that counts as a "feat" or merely Coates trying to make his stories the reason for Wakanda becoming the utopia it was before he ever wrote the book.
    The first one was contrived, the second one is meh, and the third is also contrived but also just insulting to everything BP stands for

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The first one was contrived, the second one is meh, and the third is also contrived but also just insulting to everything BP stands for
    What, casting colonization shade against Wakanda? What could be wring about that...besides the entire region having suffered from colonization, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What, casting colonization shade against Wakanda? What could be wring about that...besides the entire region having suffered from colonization, I mean.
    It's like finding out Batman has been secretly murdering people for years. Goes against what the character stands for.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-24-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Right, it's not like Wakanda was supposed to be a beacon of light, what could of been... Nope it's just as bad as the rest of the world, if not worse for being hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Right, it's not like Wakanda was supposed to be a beacon of light, what could of been... Nope it's just as bad as the rest of the world, if not worse for being hypocrites
    That's OK. It's a democracy now. Those are never corrupt.

Yeah, all those miserable Wakandans are happy now that democracy.

How did they survive for so long without it.

Who voted for the quiet council on Krakoa again?

Course, Wakanda basically did nothing to stop or address the colonization the region suffered from. So it was never this strong counter arguement against that to begin with. It's the reason the MCU had people like Killmonger. It's like Edmund Burke said... the only thing necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, Wakanda basically did nothing to stop or address the colonization the region suffered from. So it was never this strong counter arguement against that to begin with. It's the reason the MCU had people like Killmonger. It's like Edmund Burke said... the only thing necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    The argument is they don't colonize. They shouldn't be held responsible for what happens in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The argument is they don't colonize. They shouldn't be held responsible for what happens in other countries.
    I agree. They shouldn't. But them hiding in the darkness doesn't exactly equate to them being a beacon of light either. People like MCU Killmonger aren't right... but as even MCU T'Challa admits Wakanda wasn't necessarily right either. But that's ultimately what makes the whole situation interesting I suppose.

AVENGERS #30
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A) • Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    STARBRAND REBORN Conclusion: WHO WILL BE BRANDED?
    In a Shi’ar space prison the size of a galaxy, the cosmic war for the Starbrand super weapon comes to its cataclysmic conclusion. Who is the shocking new wielder of the Starbrand? And will they survive long enough to control the epic planet-melting power at their disposal? Not if Gladiator of the Shi’ar has anything to say about it. But the space-ravaged Avengers will have a thing or two to say about it too. Including Brood Thor, Captain Corsair, the War Widow, the new-look She-Hulk and Blade… as you’ve never seen him before!

BLACK PANTHER #20
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • Ryan Bodenheim (A) • Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA
    Variant cover by TBA
    “THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA” WAKANDA UNBOUND part 2
    THE DJALIA UNDER ASSAULT – FROM ITS KING?!
    To unite the two empires of Wakanda, the Black Panther must destroy a vital piece of his own nation — the plane of all Wakandan memory and home to the griot spirits who have guided him throughout his rule as king. Can he do it? Can T’Challa banish his own father’s spirit? And will the cost be worth the gain?

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #5
    JIM ZUB (W) • SCOTT EATON (A) • Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA AUG198980
    Variant cover by ADAM WARREN AUG198982
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MICO SUAYAN AUG198981
    An old S.H.I.E.L.D. cache of experimental technology is a ticking time bomb the Agents of Wakanda need to defuse — but only if they get there before DEADPOOL! Time for a rematch between the King of Wakanda and the Merc with a Mouth! And adding more fuel to fire — the return of the Livewires!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

I was thinking BP was staying in Earth with the Agents. Cool to see he's doing it all

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Can't Coates just destroy his stuff. He could have left the old BPs alone. Lol.

So Coates is retconning the Panther Pavilion now? The souls of past BPs never lived in the Djalia otherwise T'Challa would've been knew about it.