Page 577 of 598 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Like most people here not a fan of the 2040 stuff, not sure why it was even introduced in the first place last season. The only reason I can seem to think they keep showing it is somehow down the line this season or in crisis Oliver sees his 2 adult kids and gets to interact with them and say he’s proud of them. Past and present interacting somehow or else why bother. If this is all a set up for the new show then not a fan of wasted time.

Okay I didn’t expect to guess the plot so soon after watching the first episode a couple weeks ago...
    The way I see it, the flash forwards existed for three reasons:

1. To write Emily out of the show

2. To introduce the adult children of the present-day characters and establish them as a team

3. To set up the circumstances of the spin-off

Other than that, it was wasted time. Because everything we just sat through NO LONGER MATTERS. Not even adult Zoe's death, really, because she's still alive in the present.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Zoey's death was terribly telegraphed and just plot induced stupidity. She merely kicked a dude in body armor, knocked him down, then she turns her back on him? Like WTF..? Figured with the spinoff and who was said to be involved in that that she was gonna bite it.

Loved Thea's return and send off from the show. She has come a looooong way from the spoiled rich girl of season one. Her appearance her as a scarred, veteran fighter/hero, I loved it. I could go for a Thea spinoff. Maybe she will show up in the Canaries show, who knows.

Oliver is likely going to make things worse before they get better thinking the Monitor is the Anti-Monitor of the ancient text. Be interesting to see where that goes.

Team Arrow 2040 in the present. Will set up some dramatic ish with Diggle and Connor and Dig finding out his blood son is full on evil. Im thinking there will be more crying with Oliver and his kids talking about his sacrifice and such like we had in this episode. And the last episode. Hopefully we are done with crying.

Lotta crying on both shows last night.

https://youtu.be/fPweYJnMubs - My take on it

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Zoey's death was terribly telegraphed and just plot induced stupidity. She merely kicked a dude in body armor, knocked him down, then she turns her back on him? Like WTF..? Figured with the spinoff and who was said to be involved in that that she was gonna bite it.

Loved Thea's return and send off from the show. She has come a looooong way from the spoiled rich girl of season one. Her appearance her as a scarred, veteran fighter/hero, I loved it. I could go for a Thea spinoff. Maybe she will show up in the Canaries show, who knows.

Oliver is likely going to make things worse before they get better thinking the Monitor is the Anti-Monitor of the ancient text. Be interesting to see where that goes.

Team Arrow 2040 in the present. Will set up some dramatic ish with Diggle and Connor and Dig finding out his blood son is full on evil. Im thinking there will be more crying with Oliver and his kids talking about his sacrifice and such like we had in this episode. And the last episode. Hopefully we are done with crying.

Lotta crying on both shows last night.

https://youtu.be/fPweYJnMubs - My take on it

Zoey's death was ri-goddamn- diculous. Especially when in the first episode you saw how easily she beat the Deathstrokes. Also, she had an air about her this episode that just screamed 'I'm gonna die!" It's like the helmsmen in Star Trek: Nemesis- he had a look on his face the whole movie that screamed "I'm gonna die!", so when he did, there was no surprise to it.

I don't think it will happen, but I would love for Thea and Talia to show up with their new League to fight the Anti-Monitor.

I can forgive the crying. Barry's been told he's gonna die, so of course Joe would take it hard. And Oliver knew he was saying a final goodbye to his sister.

I knew at some point Mia and Oliver would meet (I've seen photos of them together on the Crisis set), but I am shocked it happened so soon. It does make me wonder if they will all be traveling with Oliver now, or if they'll stick around in Star City when Oliver and Diggle (and how did he get back to the bunker so fast?!) go on to the next mission.

So we've got the second half of the season 3 tribute, with a dash of season 5 in there with Talia, and season 6 with Thea's storyline.

Colton is showing up this season right? After the Roy mention, I feel like he's definitely someone Ollie should get at least one last moment with before the end like he did Thea.

Fans of comic Connor Hawke will probably be disappointed about how much of a non-character Sandra Hawke is here. It's so weird how much of a convoluted take on Connor Hawke and the Queen family kids this show has come up with. But little Connor was so adorable...shame about what's going to happen to his mom.

So does Lyla know everything that's going to happen as Harbinger? Does something happen to Diggle, and that's why she's doing this?

I guess even Talia couldn't resist the temptation of power held by the sword.

Did Ollie ever really train Thea? Malcolm did most of the work. I think the only heroes Ollie ever personally trained was Roy and the season 5 recruits.

Shame that Thea didn't get to be the one to finish off Athena after this purported deep enmity they've had off-screen. Unless she's not actually dead. But hey, Thea beat Talia, so that's impressive .

Yeah, Ra's probably would balk at the idea of two women leading the League, let alone Talia after she left him, not to mention completely upending what the group is about. If only Nyssa were there to add to the lesbian subtext...

"League of Heroes?" I was half-expecting a Smallville shout-out with Oliver saying "Justice" should be in the name .

It's pretty clear that Oliver and company mistook the Anti-Monitor in that warning for The Monitor, which I guess is The Monitor's fault for not explaining what the threat he's preparing them for is. Although if he only shows up when the balance of good and evil shifts...does this mean it's happening because good's been winning across the Multiverse?

Zoe's death was so obviously telegraphed, which is a shame because she was one of the more likeable of the kids in the present day. And hasn't Rene been through enough? Assuming any of that still happens in the future (which it might not) .

I guess the future storyline has been building up to a time travel plot where the future Team Arrow meets their predecessors and the Queen kids get to see their dad again. I'd really rather just spend more time with Oliver on his last days and getting resolutions with all the important people in his past, but the writers have got to set up that spinoff.

Didn't expect Team Future Arrow to come to the present so quickly!
    Awesome episode.

And always good to see Talia.

Well, think Ollie is going to call Barry real quick and ask him if he time traveled? Again?

But yeah, going to be emotional for Ollie's two kids, and presumably Diggle's kid(s) as well. And raise even more questions for Ollie and Digg.

Well looks like they are setting up people are after Turner and his family. Wonder if him and his wife are gonna die or choose to give him up in an attempt to keep him safe.

Everything to do with the future kids who r now in the present is dumb af. I hate every last one of them. Probaly not gonna bother with that show unless it seems drastically different then the flashforwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we've got the second half of the season 3 tribute, with a dash of season 5 in there with Talia, and season 6 with Thea's storyline.

Colton is showing up this season right? After the Roy mention, I feel like he's definitely someone Ollie should get at least one last moment with before the end like he did Thea.
    He's supposed to show up. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't yet.

So does Lyla know everything that's going to happen as Harbinger? Does something happen to Diggle, and that's why she's doing this?
    I'm telling you, something did happen to Diggle when they served in Afghanistan, and Lyla made a deal with the Monitor to save him.

I guess even Talia couldn't resist the temptation of power held by the sword.
    I got the impression that once she knew they were going back into the citadel, she was going to use them to help her get the sword.

Did Ollie ever really train Thea? Malcolm did most of the work. I think the only heroes Ollie ever personally trained was Roy and the season 5 recruits.
    They did train together occasionally, and he trained her when they went to Lian Yu. But yeah, most of what she learned came from Malcolm, and I think that's why she was able to beat Talia in the end.

Shame that Thea didn't get to be the one to finish off Athena after this purported deep enmity they've had off-screen. Unless she's not actually dead. But hey, Thea beat Talia, so that's impressive .
    I was thinking the same thing; unfortunately it just couldn't happen for the story they were telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well looks like they are setting up people are after Turner and his family. Wonder if him and his wife are gonna die or choose to give him up in an attempt to keep him safe.

Everything to do with the future kids who r now in the present is dumb af. I hate every last one of them. Probaly not gonna bother with that show unless it seems drastically different then the flashforwards.
    I agree somewhat. I still like William and Conner, but Mia is coming off as completely unlikable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, think Ollie is going to call Barry real quick and ask him if he time traveled? Again?

But yeah, going to be emotional for Ollie's two kids, and presumably Diggle's kid(s) as well. And raise even more questions for Ollie and Digg.
    It would be hilarious if Ollie immediately assumes this is Barry's fault .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The future kids being in the present is gonna me it hard to ignore their crappy plot now. Looking forward to Connor telling Diggle that he and his son are bitter enemies and they tried to kill each other before being warped to the past and for Mia to tell Wild Dog that Zoey died in her arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The future kids being in the present is gonna me it hard to ignore their crappy plot now. Looking forward to Connor telling Diggle that he and his son are bitter enemies and they tried to kill each other before being warped to the past and for Mia to tell Wild Dog that Zoey died in her arms.
    Killed by Diggle's kid, in fact!

Man, it's going to suck for Ollie to find out how badly Star City ends up in the future. His efforts and legacy basically amounted to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Killed by Diggle's kid, in fact!

Man, it's going to suck for Ollie to find out how badly Star City ends up in the future. His efforts and legacy basically amounted to nothing.
    Well that all gonna change I assume after crisis anyway even if the kids hadn't traveled back in time.

All this concern Mia had for William's safety, and it was Zoe who bit the dust. So that's the end of adult Zoe? I guess they need to thin out the ranks since present day Team Arrow and Future Team Arrow are all together now. Glad this is happening sooner than later!

Thea has had so many ups and downs on this show, but this appearance really was great. Oliver can't help but to be protective of her, but she has grown so much. I loved her seeing the picture of her niece. I'm not a fan of the way this show has handled Talia, but it makes more sense for her to be in this story than Nyssa.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So much for the Thanatos Guild... too bad we won't get to see Talia and Thea's new League. Needs to work on the name, though.
    Agreed. League of Heroes sounds too much like an MMORPG.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Thea looks even more attractive with the facial scars.

Thea8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Thea looks even more attractive with the facial scars.

Thea8.jpg
    Her hair style makes her look older than when she had the pixie cut. Not a complaint, I like this style too. Just an observation.