Page 555 of 662 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That's true. And for those who do not know or read comics it will seem like it's Storm intruding on Nakia and T'Challa's romance or like a Mistress etc. Basically, a Tyler Perry Trope UGH!!!

But, if Storm is to be in BP2 I hope the same momentum as the first Movie is the same here and that Storm gets more recognition.
    Exactly so now no matter who you cast there is a lot of negativity placed on Storm because Lupita is a poipular actress. No thanks. Like i said i would prefer Storm being a young princess, her plane crashed in Africa when her parents were heading home, her family took her in and the young princess starts to manifest her abilities and the local people in the kingdom begin to see her as a goddess. You can have tchalla shuri or both appear in a council meeting or something talking about Kenyan/ Wakandian relations with a young ororo over hearing. At the end of the movie Xavier shows up and tells the princess she's a mutant. BOOM! You've just expanded the black side of marvel u and given people a herorine to look up to in her own right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly so now no matter who you cast there is a lot of negativity placed on Storm because Lupita is a poipular actress. No thanks. Like i said i would prefer Storm being a young princess, her plane crashed in Africa when her parents were heading home, her family took her in and the young princess starts to manifest her abilities and the local people in the kingdom begin to see her as a goddess. You can have tchalla shuri or both appear in a council meeting or something talking about Kenyan/ Wakandian relations with a young ororo over hearing. At the end of the movie Xavier shows up and tells the princess she's a mutant. BOOM! You've just expanded the black side of marvel u and given people a herorine to look up to in her own right.
    That can work actually.......

I just hope they don't treat Storm as a Mistress or a Homewrecker.......

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Marvel just came out of bankruptcy when Priest took over. Both he and Hudlin never received the promo Coates has gotten and Priest was never given a new #1 to help boost sales.
    naw hudlin definitely got promotion. the "who is black panther" was heavily promoted with sue, ororo and shuri on the promotional covers. also storms wedding to tchalla was advertised as the wedding of the century.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    naw hudlin definitely got promotion. the "who is black panther" was heavily promoted with sue, ororo and shuri on the promotional covers. also storms wedding to tchalla was advertised as the wedding of the century.
    Who is the Black Panther was an out-of-continuity story that did not get promo. You're thinking about when they were trying to figure out who would take over the mantle of Panther when T'Challa was hurt. Even then, it did not get the promo that Coates got.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That can work actually.......

I just hope they don't treat Storm as a Mistress or a Homewrecker.......
    If they don't the fans will. Nakia is very popular and was nothing but positively displayed in the movie automatically her fans are going to feel some kind of way. With good reason too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Do not let Storm get intro'ed in BPII.

That would be a waste. Just let her come in with the rest of the X-Men. If they want her in a BP movie later on then fine. They can even put in easter eggs and hints about a young(20-22) goddess who disappeared a few years ago.

Do not let Storm get intro'ed in BPII.

That would be a waste. Just let her come in with the rest of the X-Men. If they want her in a BP movie later on then fine. They can even put in easter eggs and hints about a young(20-22) goddess who disappeared a few years ago.
    Exactly. It automatically takes the narrative off BP and his cast as well. Like, where does she fit. So all these wonderfully casted black actresses are suppose to lose screen time for her? It doesn't even make sense. The movie would not be about BP, even if it's a small scene it will be about the introduction of Storm. And lord knows the first movie was barely about him.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Exactly. It automatically takes the narrative off BP and his cast as well. Like, where does she fit. So all these wonderfully casted black actresses are suppose to lose screen time for her? It doesn't even make sense. The movie would not be about BP, even if it's a small scene it will be about the introduction of Storm. And lord knows the first movie was barely about him.
    I had no problem with the BP movie because it gave him the best cast and villain of any Marvel movie, slightly ahead of Winter Soldier.

There were no wasted scenes and BP proved in the end he was the best there is.

I had no problem with the BP movie because it gave him the best cast and villain of any Marvel movie, slightly ahead of Winter Soldier.

There were no wasted scenes and BP proved in the end he was the best there is.
    I don't know. I didn't enjoy the movie as much as i enjoyed other marvel movies. I love what it did for the cause but i don't feel the movie itself was that strong. But i do think it set an amazing foundation for the next movie to be something truly epic. But i do agree, casting was on point. My fave marvel movie is actually Thor Ragnarok surprisingly. I saw it on Netflix and i loved it. I laughed so much and enjoyed the action.

Granted Thor 1 was the worse marvel movie so in terms of origins and world building for the future i would have to say BP was one of the best #1s in a franchise.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-11-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I personally believe Storm would do well to be seen onscreen alongside women like Okoye, Nakia, Shuri and Aneka. Lack women don’t have to lose screen time because Storm shows up. Lol are we perpetuating the narrative that only one black woman can be on top at a time? Seriously?

I also don’t believe the X-men movies deserve a boost from the success of Black Panther. They still haven’t shown that they can play nicely and be respectful. A nod to a warrior goddess from the clouds would be nice, but ultimately the X-men don’t deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I personally believe Storm would do well to be seen onscreen alongside women like Okoye, Nakia, Shuri and Aneka. Lack women don’t have to lose screen time because Storm shows up. Lol are we perpetuating the narrative that only one black woman can be on top at a time? Seriously?

I also don’t believe the X-men movies deserve a boost from the success of Black Panther. They still haven’t shown that they can play nicely and be respectful. A nod to a warrior goddess from the clouds would be nice, but ultimately the X-men don’t deserve it.
    Or are we perpetrating the stereotype that a black woman can't stand on her own with her own movie... hmmm guess it's perspective. As you said already there are a lot of strong black women in BP already so what's wrong with one getting her OWN movie instead of being shoe horned into an already strong cast.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Who is the Black Panther was an out-of-continuity story that did not get promo. You're thinking about when they were trying to figure out who would take over the mantle of Panther when T'Challa was hurt. Even then, it did not get the promo that Coates got.

I was referring to the above. there were huge promotional art within the different xbooks and others during the time. there was a cover for sue and shuri too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I was referring to the above. there were huge promotional art within the different xbooks and others during the time. there was a cover for sue and shuri too.
    mmmm. bad promo alert. Storm already had an identity. This is a good example of what some worry about if she appears in BP2. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I said that in my post. That was the search for the next Panther and it was not a huge promotional effort. There was no media blitz outside of comics for this like it was for Coates.

mmmm. bad promo alert. Storm already had an identity. This is a good example of what some worry about if she appears in BP2. lol
    it was teasing the renumbered black panther book. there was one for shuri and sue too:

it had nothing to do with ororos identity as it turned out to be shuri.