Page 558 of 662 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she is a black African American woman first and foremost. and she had a life in Africa before she became an xman. I'm sure that is why she is debuting here first.
    Again, tell that to the X-Writers.

And Black characters can only debut in the Black Panther movie? So much for diversifying.

what do you mean? lol
    I'm out, i'm done. It was great chatting with you guys and everything but i can't be part of a community that only cares about fictional diversity and oppression and my eyes have been opened. Deuces.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Again, tell that to the X-Writers.

And Black characters can only debut in the Black Panther movie? So much for diversifying.
    I think Kevin feige understands this which is why she is appearing in BP 2 if the rumors are true.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm out, i'm done. It was great chatting with you guys and everything but i can't be part of a community that only cares about fictional diversity and oppression and my eyes have been opened. Deuces.

that's unfortunate beloved. may the hadari yao be with you!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think Kevin feige understands this which is why she is appearing in BP 2 if the rumors are true.
    Well, no need to further debate about rumors then.

Well, no need to further debate about rumors then.
    yea time will reveal all. do you remember when BP fans were telling me the xmen would never return to marvel but now we are discussing rumors of ororo appearing in black panther? what a time we live.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't feel my energy for it aligns with yours but i don't think your energy is ingenuine for it. There are enough strong black women in BP. Now i need a strong black woman to stand on her own to show the world stop the lies.
    The idea of a strong black woman means that she stands on her own is a fallacy. I think people have a skewed understanding or definition of what it means to be strong, black, and female. It does not mean being Miss Independent all the damn time. Hell, that's part of the issue that exists between some black men and women. We need each other in every way that healthy,competent, and capable people need each other. We are not islands. We are indeed better together. I want to see a community of "blackness" played out in BP or Storm or whatever other movie starring an African American character. What makes Avengers such the financial powerhouse isn't that Iron Man or Captain America can do everything themselves, but they are the most successful as a collective unit.

I want good representation and characterization for Storm and every character in BP. We already know what subpar emphasis and characterization of Storm looks like. If Disney is truly considering adding Storm to the BP roster, they may be doing it, not only as a way of introducing mutants into the MCU, but as a means of testing the waters with this character as a potential breakout heroine to lead her own franchise. IMO, Disney wants to compete with the WW franchise and Captain Marvel has shown she simply does not have the same punch as WW (no pun intended). Storm, especially considering her comic book history with WW, would be perfect to fill that role in the MCU.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-11-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    The idea of a strong black woman means that she stands on her own is a fallacy. I think people have a skewed understanding or definition of what it means to be strong, black, and female. It does not mean being Miss Independent all the damn time. Hell, that's part of the issue that exists between some black men and women. We need each other in every way that healthy,competent, and capable people need each other. We are not islands. We are indeed better together. I want to see a community of "blackness" played out in BP or Storm or whatever other movie starring an African American character. What makes Avengers such the financial powerhouse isn't that Iron Man or Captain America can do everything themselves, but they are the most successful as a collective unit.

I want good representation and characterization for Storm and every character in BP. We already know what subpar emphasis and characterization of Storm looks like. If Disney is truly considering adding Storm to the BP roster, they may be doing it, not only as a way of introducing mutants into the MCU, but as a means of testing the waters with this character as a potential breakout heroine to lead her own franchise. IMO, Disney wants to compete with the WW franchise and Captain Marvel has shown she simply does not have the same punch as WW (no pun intended). Storm, especially considering her comic book history with WW, would be perfect to fill that role in the MCU.
    What you said is so important. It reminds me of a song by Jill Scott called the fact is I need you. In the song she goes through all the things that she can do as a woman. She talks to being able to buy her own groceries, kill the spider above her bed and other aspects of being independent. However, she goes on to say that sometimes it's hard to say but "i" need you and "we" as African American females need their black brothers in their lives, in their world, in their orbit. A black man and woman being dependent on the other shouldn't ne looked at as a bad thing. The points you delineated make it apparent why it should never be viewed as such when it's done in an uplifting manner. I'm so happy you made this point it was very much needed to be said .
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2019 at 04:59 PM.

BANNED

Quoted for absolutely, undeniably, unmitigated truth. It's so refreshing to read your words. Blessings upon you

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Quoted for absolutely, undeniably, unmitigated truth. It's so refreshing to read your words. Blessings upon you
    hello!?! I remember many moons ago coming to this sight and seeing posts that were made in a disparaging manner towards the aspects of blackness. it's very refreshing and uplifting to see posts such as the one guilty pleasure made because it needs to be said and truly applied in aspects of the black community.

What you said is so important. It reminds me of a song by Jill Scott called the fact is I need you. In the song she goes through all the things that she can do as a woman. She talks to being able to buy her own groceries, kill the spider above her bed and other aspects of being independent. However, she goes on to say that sometimes it's hard to say but "i" need you and "we" as African American females need their black brothers in their lives, in their world, in their orbit. A black man and woman being dependent on the other shoukdbt ne looked at as a bad thing. I'm so happy you made this point it was very much needed to be said .
    Thank you. We do need each other. And that need or even positive relationships is sorely missing in all kinds of entertainment media. For all that some people have a problem with Storm appearing in BP, as if that somehow minimizes her character, their history is one of her saving his ass. Coates' pacing may suck, and god does it, but I love that he not only has Storm saving T'Challa's ass multiple times but he has T'Challa unbothered by being saved and helped by her. For me, that's how I want black men and women represented--neither diminished by the other and both benefitting from knowing, respecting, working, and perhaps even loving together. That's a real community not some Willie Lynch Syndrome bullshit we keep recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Thanks. I think we share a similar outlook about certain things. It's always refreshing to read your perspective.

yea time will reveal all. do you remember when BP fans were telling me the xmen would never return to marvel but now we are discussing rumors of ororo appearing in black panther? what a time we live.
    Nope. Actual quotes needed.

Thank you. We do need each other. And that need or even positive relationships is sorely missing in all kinds of entertainment media. For all that some people have a problem with Storm appearing in BP, as if that somehow minimizes her character, their history is one of her saving his ass. Coates' pacing may suck, and god does it, but I love that he not only has Storm saving T'Challa's ass multiple times but he has T'Challa unbothered by being saved and helped by her. For me, that's how I want black men and women represented--neither diminished by the other and both benefitting from knowing, respecting, working, and perhaps even loving together. That's a real community not some Willie Lynch Syndrome bullshit we keep recycling.
    why do you think people see the things as you mentioned as negative when we can see the positive? do you think it is an aspect of willie lynch syndrome because that is an interesting idea.

but again your words has to continued to be repeated and said. there is NOTHING wrong with us relying on each other and supporting each other. it's not something to be ashamed of and it's not weak.

Nope. Actual quotes needed.
    I will see if I can find them but it was a while ago obviously before the merger was even on the radar.