Page 82 of 119 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1779

How long was this separation? The first season seemed to imply they hadn't been together since Anissa and Jennifer were little. And I'm pretty sure the word divorce was used once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How long was this separation? The first season seemed to imply they hadn't been together since Anissa and Jennifer were little. And I'm pretty sure the word divorce was used once or twice.
    Yeah, been wondering that myself. Could have sworn they were divorced in season 1 (though they still cared for one another, obviously).

Mighty Member

That beat down Jefferson got was shocking.

So is Anissa immune to Khalil's poison?

Also how did she not recognize him?

That's certainly an interesting way of reprimanding your men Odell.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-12-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Looking at the ending, I'm now wondering if it was planned.

But why didn't they show Jennifer lighting these fascist pigs up? x(

Also, what was the deal with Tavon? Why was he wanted when he wasn't a meta?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Good one.

Looking at the ending, I'm now wondering if it was planned.
    Maybe. We'll have to wait until next episode to see more, but that ending did give me some hope for the future of Freeland.

So is Anissa immune to Khalil's poison?

Also how did she not recognize him?

Painkiller was wearing a mask and it was dark. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    But why didn't they show Jennifer lighting these fascist pigs up? x(

Also, what was the deal with Tavon? Why was he wanted when he wasn't a meta?
    Because it would've been too gruesome, I think. Charred corpses might be a little too much to show before 10:00 PM EST. As for Tavon, I'm guessing he was offered up to the ASA as a decoy to cover for someone else in the school who actually was a metahuman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Lynn...never give the Supervillain their powers back. That never ends well. Especially when he's figured out your family's secret identity .

Hey now, Lynn's doctor outfit is her supersuit .

Odell was probably planning to kill Tobias anyway, so I'm curious if he just wanted to have Lynn say in her own way she wanted him "taken care of" so he could throw that back at her.

So is the idea that the new kid called in Tavon as a Meta to the ASA to cover for himself? And he has absorption powers? Although why would the ASA go to such lengths if their files showed Tavon tested negative? Are they just that trigger-happy and biased against the possibility of Meta's?

They really should have just taken the phone. All Tavon's parents wanted was a sign he was still alive and okay. But I guess the resistance movement needed a martyr.

I was figuring another Metahuman would be the only thing that could actually stop Painkiller and he finally fails in a mission while fighting Blackbird.

After all the human rights violations Odell has committed, he has absolutely no right to bring up Dr. King or the Civil Rights movement. He knows what his men were brought there to do.

I'm surprised Henderson and Blackbird are leading the resistance instead of Black Lightning, but I guess the assault on Jefferson was one of the sparks that lit the flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lynn...never give the Supervillain their powers back. That never ends well. Especially when he's figured out your family's secret identity .

Hey now, Lynn's doctor outfit is her supersuit .

Odell was probably planning to kill Tobias anyway, so I'm curious if he just wanted to have Lynn say in her own way she wanted him "taken care of" so he could throw that back at her.

So is the idea that the new kid called in Tavon as a Meta to the ASA to cover for himself? And he has absorption powers? Although why would the ASA go to such lengths if their files showed Tavon tested negative? Are they just that trigger-happy and biased against the possibility of Meta's?

They really should have just taken the phone. All Tavon's parents wanted was a sign he was still alive and okay. But I guess the resistance movement needed a martyr.

I was figuring another Metahuman would be the only thing that could actually stop Painkiller and he finally fails in a mission while fighting Blackbird.

After all the human rights violations Odell has committed, he has absolutely no right to bring up Dr. King or the Civil Rights movement. He knows what his men were brought there to do.

I'm surprised Henderson and Blackbird are leading the resistance instead of Black Lightning, but I guess the assault on Jefferson was one of the sparks that lit the flame.
    The hypocrisy is absolutely galling on that one. As for Henderson and Blackbird leading the anti-ASA resistance instead of Black Lightning, the ASA knows who Black Lightning really is, and even the decoys Gambi has made for the tracker in the watch containing his new suit won't do very much to keep Odell from retaliating against the Pierces if Black Lightning is out in the open rallying people to fight against the ASA. Jefferson is just trying not to endanger his family until he can get out from under the ASA's thumb . . . though I wonder what'll happen when he finds out Odell got Lynn hooked on Greenlight. And yeah, the situation with Tobias Whale seems to be setting up a scenario where he has to die somehow, if Jefferson and his family are really going to be safe, assuming Odell's gotten his (preferably lethal) comeuppance by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Because it would've been too gruesome, I think. Charred corpses might be a little too much to show before 10:00 PM EST.

Are we sure she actually killed them?

As for Tavon, I'm guessing he was offered up to the ASA as a decoy to cover for someone else in the school who actually was a metahuman.
    spoilers:
    One theory I've seen is that Brandon is connected to Carson Williams in some way, most likely being his son. And Brandon did mention he'd already undergone the metahuman test. My guess is that Carson doctored the results to make it look like Tavon was the metahuman not Brandon.
    end of spoilers

Well, we'll probably never see the bodies...
    spoilers:
    One theory I've seen is that Brandon is connected to Carson Williams in some way, most likely being his son. And Brandon did mention he'd already undergone the metahuman test. My guess is that Carson doctored the results to make it look like Tavon was the metahuman not Brandon.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would make sense. They seem to have the same power (absorption).

It would explain how Brandon juts up and showed up at the school during the ASA occupation.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we'll probably never see the bodies...

spoilers:
    That would make sense. They seem to have the same power (absorption).

It would explain how Brandon juts up and showed up at the school during the ASA occupation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Solid theory, and it could also explain what Brandon is doing there in the first place. He's an ASA asset, albeit possibly an off-the-books one that Carson is protecting from the rest of the ASA due to that familial relation and knowing full well what the ASA does to metahumans.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because it would've been too gruesome, I think. Charred corpses might be a little too much to show before 10:00 PM EST. As for Tavon, I'm guessing he was offered up to the ASA as a decoy to cover for someone else in the school who actually was a metahuman.
    I don't think she killed them. Just put them in a world of hurt. They wouldn't learn anything if they were dead, that would be too easy on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think she killed them. Just put them in a world of hurt. They wouldn't learn anything if they were dead, that would be too easy on them.
    Good point, actually. That also explains quite nicely why some superheroes don't kill.

Ooof, that ending hurt. Poor Tayvon, he was set up by that new student.

Anissa's fight with Khalil was cool, but I'm definitely going to enjoy him encountering Jennifer more. Grace's shape shifting powers come through in a pinch! Anissa doesn't want Odell targeting her.

So...what does Tobias know, or think he knows, about the Pierce family and the identity of Freeland's supers?

I was relieved to see Henderson was creating a resistance and not arresting people. Two-Bits has priors, if he gets arrested for real, things will not go well for him!